2.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

I don't generally like to support/buy Avon products, but I have a friend who does and will often give out various products as gifts - which is how I ended up with this hand cream. I did not have any allergic reactions or anything extreme but there's several reasons I think this only deserves a 2/5. First, the scent is odd. The initial seconds of application are pleasant (with a feminine scent), but for whatever reason after a few seconds the product starts to smell like a cheap sweet and sour sauce imo. While not completely revolting, it is pretty off putting. Secondly, the shape of the tube is weird. It is a 3.4 ounce size but in a long and skinny squeeze tube. I usually only keep hand cream/hand lotion in my purse and the packaging made it a pain to carry around. If you keep it at home it shouldn't be a problem, but this is the type of product I like to carry with me and it is an odd shape to do that. While I expect products marked as 'creams' to be a bit oilier/greasier than lotions, I still found this too greasy and not moisturizing enough. I've found lotions to be better hydrating than this. I would not use again.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

9 years ago

The smell of this lotion was the first turn-off for me - far too sweet and floral. I normally love sweet scents but this one was too much. Additionally, the lotion, while moisturizing, after a couple of applications throughout the day left my hands feeling weirdly dirty, with darkness around my knuckles. I work in a very dry office and always have some kind of hand lotion on my desk. This product is definitely not something I would go back to.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

1.0

10 years ago

This product is CRAP! It doesn't moisturize at all, instead it leaves my skin itchy and dry. I think the perfume in it irritates my skin. Avon must have been focusing more on this stuff smelling good and not so much on the moisturizing part. The Avon hand creams that are in the little tiny tubes that sell for 99 cents moisturize alot better than this does. I do no recommend!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

1.0

11 years ago

This is NOT moisturizing at all. Right afterward, my hands feel like I just washed them in hard water with a film of salt layered on. Yuck, and since I do have wonderfully soft water..... this is a very weird and dry feeling! odd! Plus, The ERASER SHAVINGS left behind ARE HORRIBLE...ITS A JOB JUST TO TRY TO RUB THEM OFF! The smell at first is nice but then when the balls are built up it begins to stink, yuk. I had to wash my hands and use my Vita moist one. ( I have tried it many other times and I get the same yucky results) :(

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

I love the skin so soft line. The smell is great and I love PInk...So of course I liked the packaging. The performance of this product is another story. Yuck. It didn't moisturize my hands at all. The consistency is a bit thin for me and when it was drying, It left a very filmy feel. I hated it.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrunette

11 years ago

Standard disclaimer that I include on all my lotion reviews: The thing to know about me is that I hate thick, greasy lotions, particularly on my hands. Since I was little, I’ve never been able to tolerate them; I’d put something on and then have to wash it off 10 minutes later. This went on fine – the smell is a little much, but I got over it – but then I kept rubbing my hands together to make the lotion absorb and I ended up with little blobs of … something all over my hands. Don’t know if it’s dead skin or lotion residue, but either way, ew. I washed my hands and then I felt fine – no blobs plus more moisturized then before. This might be a good part of a manicure routine, but for what I need it for (using once a day or so at the office, then able to type within a few minutes of applying), no way.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

11 years ago

I had purchased this hand lotion about 3 years ago when one of the ladies at my job was an Avon rep. This was my HG hand lotion back then. The lotion has a nice pleasant scent that makes you want to sniff your hands throughout the day. My hands felt so soft and smooth after applying this lotion. My hands literally felt like silk!!!! The lotion is not greasy, it is just the right texture. The hand lotion comes in a 3.4 fl oz for $3.00. Yes dirt cheap!!! This hand lotion will keep your hands moisturized the entire day. I may have to find another Avon rep :P

About reviewer (207 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

This handcream leaves a horrible residue, which is not dry skin as previously noted, but the lotion just hardening and falling off. I love it though. The trick is to just apply a layer to your hands and let it dry, don't keep rubbing it in like you would any other hand cream. Your hands will thank you!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

12 years ago

Let me tell you that I love Soft and sensual smell but this hand cream is another story, it doesnt moisturizer enough and leaves a flaky residue. I got this free because my avon rep gives out freebies all the time, but I would not purchase this.

About reviewer (1387 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

12 years ago

I recently bought another tube since I have to start washing dishes again. I just remembered to share my review on MUA. Because it is the best hand cream that i ever tried. It's a little bit tricky to use this product. I use it as a scrub+cream. I usually use twice a week or right after washing dishes. It leaves a greasy layer of residue, I scrub it off and amazingly, the dead skin gets scrubbed off too.<BR><BR> Then the hand become really tender and soft, I put another thin layer of cream over and this time, since the dead skin cells are out of the way, the cream is absorbed like crazy. The hand will remain soft for at least a couple of hours, really really really soft to touch. <BR><BR> I don't like the smell that much but it kind remind me of motherly love or something like that. Overall, the 5.99 bottle can last half a year and keep my hand like baby bottom. It's well worth the price.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair