3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This is so ladylike and comforting. This woman I used to work with swore by it and was beautiful, magnetic, and charming, so it's good when I want to channel her confidence. I have a full collection of fragrance but keep coming back to this. The musk is not too soapy, the patchouli is rich. I love the sweetness of the blackberry and there is also a note that smells like a classic barbershop cologne. Absolutely gorgeous. Trish is known for her makeup but the fragrance line really ought to get more credit. The packaging is functional and the scent is available as a rollerball. The bottle is easy to decant since it screws open. I wish the packaging was a little more chic, but that's pretty minor. I highly recommend it. Update: a friend just said I was radiating an aura of deliciousness. I'm keeping this one on for the foreseeable future.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I think this perfume is a big improvement over Trish's original #9 Blackberry and Vanilla. For me, the original is just a bit too sweet and fruity. "Sexy 9" is more sophisticated take on those elements. The berry is pared down and the musk is turned up. I love this scent. My only complaint is lack of longevity. For the $, I would expect this to linger. Highly recommend this one, especially for fall and winter.

About reviewer (263 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

6 years ago

I adore Sexy 9! I discovered this scent through a recommendation from someone who told me that it smelled like Victoria's Secret Room 504 (my favorite lotion), shortly after it was discontinued. I personally do not think that they smell very much alike, but I fell in love with Sexy 9 anyway. I could wear this scent every single day, and never get sick of it. It works with my body chemistry. I occasionally layer it with the regular #9 lotion, which gives it a little more "staying power." Unfortunately, the scent fades more quickly than other perfumes within this price range, but the scent itself is so pleasant that I do not mind reapplying. I enjoy the top notes of the initial spritz, just as much as I enjoy the way the base notes become more prominent as it dries. I have the 1.7 oz EDP as well as the 0.5 oz travel size. The bottles are durable and attractive, but the caps tend to fall off easily. Especially with the 1.7 oz size. That bottle is triangular in shape. The 0.5 oz bottle fits conveniently into a quart-size plastic baggy, along with your other liquids, if you need something that is TSA-friendly. Sexy 9 isn't too young and it isn't too old. It is unique, magnetic, sophisticated, sensual, approachable, subtle and feminine.... definitely NOT racy, uppity, stuffy or boisterous. I'm a huge fan of the vanilla/musk combination in general, and the blackberry makes it even more luscious! I will buy this fragrance forever.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

This is definitely the more mature older sister of Blackberry and Vanilla Number Nine. If you found the Number Nine Blackberry & Vanilla but found it too sweet, try this out. However, I prefer the Number Nine. I will not purchase.

About reviewer (877 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

9 years ago

I ADORE this perfume!! I'm on my second bottle! It lasts all day on my skin, and if it comes in contact with a jacket or sweater I can still smell it for a few weeks in my closet! This perfume is the best I've owned yet. It can be too strong in a humid environment, but for winter it is absolutely amazing. I'm so glad my skin chemistry worked out with and I haven't had negative feelings toward it!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

11 years ago

I originally had a bottle of this last summer and returned it because it smelled so horrible on me , but yet recently my daughter spritzed some on me at Neiman's and it smelled so much different as this actually smelled good and I purchased a bottle ..... this is definitely a more adult version of the original Blackberry and Vanilla Musk with Sexy 9 being less sweet and more long - lasting (think more of a musky blackberry with a tinge of vanilla as this is how it smells on me) ...... the atomizer looks pretty, but yet I can see it being a pain as I would prefer a regular spray on. I have been wearing this alot lately and I noted that this would be more of a scent to wear in cooler months and the original more for the summer as it is much sweeter. I also want to add that I am drawn to fragrances that remind me of a person, place or thing and when I was a little girl I remember being invited to a friend's house of my older sister and I felt so cool hanging with the older girls and I remember this particular scent in their basement .... at the time the girl's mother was washing and drying clothes, so not sure if that was the smell (mixture of detergent, fabric softner,) but I have always remembered that scent and it was when I sniffed Sexy 9 the second time, that it reminded me of this particular smell from a childhood memory ---- maybe that is why I like this scent. I still prefer the original Blackberry & Vanilla Musk, but this is still a nice scent. I haven't received one single compliment since wearing Sexy 9 but I love it because it brings back this childhood memory.

About reviewer (452 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

12 years ago

For a product line that usually gets it just right with their scents, this smelled exactly like Angel, which I absolutely can't stand. I did a test spray on my wrist and the SA kept pushing this on me, even when I told her how awful I thought it was. She kept telling me how much men love this scent.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily

HairBrown

3.0
from

12 years ago

Lasting power is better than the original #9. The difference between this and the original is that this one has more vanilla and the original has more blackberry.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

LOVE this new scent! Nordstrom.com lists this as "A sexier, more sultry way to wear #9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk. Infused with Amazon lilies, the intoxicating scent of patchouli and the added warmth of amber. Seductive, tempting and ultra sexy." I do think its a little sexier than #9. I loved #9 but my sister wore it and it just reminded me too much of her so I never wore it. Then I found this. Normally I stay away from anything flowery but the other scents in this perfume kinda bring down the overpowering blackberry vanilla and create a more subtle sexier vanilla. More adult IMO. Retails for $95 for 1.69oz which is super pricey. It also doesnt last that long on me. A couple hours tops but I still love it everytime i smell it so I will continue wearing it.

About reviewer (4641 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

12 years ago

This is a fabulous upgrade to an already great fragrance - the original #9, which is one of my staples. It has similarities, but it is much more grown-up. And it lasts longer than #9. I bought the set from Nordstrom which has #6, #9, and sexy #9 in small roll-ons. Great way to try this scent - and perfect size for travel. This is a keeper!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age36-43