Tocca Florence Perfume

3.8

I freaking love this perfume so much!

I got a sample in my June Sephora play box and I want to run out right now and buy the full sized product.

This perfume is super flowery and feminine. It's perfect for spring time and also for the office. When I wear this scent I feel super pretty and clean.

I plan on purchasing the rollerball to take on my summer vacation to the UK in a few weeks.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Yay! I love this one! I got a travel trio with Florence, Stella and Cleo, and initially the Stella was my fave because Florence just reminded me of bathroom freshener. But I really, really ended up liking it after a while and it's my absolute go-to scent for feeling at ease and happy.

If you want a flirty and super girly floral scent, this may be the one!

To Read all 77 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For the holidays, I went ahead and shopped for some things from Sephora online. This fragrance was one of the samples I dropped along with my order. It comes in a gorgeous little pamphlet! The smell is suitable for someone in their twenties, or older! I detected no scent of musk, just a pungent, floral smell.

I bought a small rollerball of Florence after reading all the good reviews on it. I have to say, I did make a mistake and should have tried this first.

On paper this sounds like my ideal fragrance with bergamot, pear, and white woods. Although the fragrance is very feminine and floral, it really is not for me. I do prefer something more delicate and airy, not this cloying floral fragrance which is heavy on the gardenia. In fact initially all I can smell is gardenia, and it overshadows all of the other notes. After a few minutes, I can detect the fruitiness of the apple and pear, and a hint of tuberose, but Florence is still overwhelmingly gardenia.

I did not spend much on this fragrance, so I am not too disappointed. But I will not make this mistake again and I will always sample first.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Maybe my favorite perfume. Smells like a fancy shampoo, very clean and pretty. Works well in a variety of settings.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Tocca perfumes first caught my attention because of the lovely packaging. I tested 4 different scent and fell in love with Florence. I got the 15 ml small bottle. The bottle is lovely and very convenient for carrying everyday with me in my bag even though it's not spray bottle. I use my finger tip dab a little on my neck and wrists. The scent is very energizing, seems to perk me up whenever I feel tired or sleepy. I also got compliment while wearing this, but the scent doesn't last long.

Florence by Tocca is definitely a winner in my book, It's a warm floral scent that is sweet and mild, not overpowering like some. I smell gardenia, violet and Jasmine and this perfume has a great lingering effect, it does have a familiar scent to me, Tocca perfumes I think have tendency to smell like other perfumes this scent reminds me alot of an Usher perfume I had a long time ago, but this one smells less cheap.

Honestly, I didn't want to like this. Starts off apple/pear fruit, maybe a little citrus, then a whole lot of gardenia and tuberose, little bit of jasmine, and then ends with some white musk. Also, unlike most of the other Tocca fragrances, this one lasts on me from 7:30 a.m. until I shower at night.

Full bottles, although they're gorgeous, are expensive ($68 for 1.7 oz dab bottle), but I bought several of the $10 travel duos from Sephora ($10 for .33 oz plus a 2oz handcream), which softens the price a little, plus I can put the smaller size in my purse without it leaking.

This does remind me of a fresher, fruitier Michael Kors, but in a much, much prettier bottle.

I was hoping that something named Florence would have at least a suggestion of iris. But no. This is a green gardenia with some rose in the drydown. Very fresh soft and lilting. Just fine if you like that or want it. It would be lovely on a summer evening. For me? I was looking for something more regal and Medici.

First off, let me say that I respect the Tocca line of fragrances. They are all very individual from one another and seem not to be overly duplicative of fragrances from other lines.

I have and love both Stella and their newest one, Simone. I have tested a few others with less enthusiasm. I tested Florence yesterday and left her on as long as I could manage it.

But it was a struggle because she simply suffocates. What's strange is that a test on a paper strip was strong but interesting enough for me to apply it to my skin.

It never lost that overwhelming punch in the face, a true frontal assault. What should have dried down or at least morphed into something a bit more subtle just seemed even to increase in intensity.

I strongly advise test-driving this one to make sure that you don't get a pounding headache or get nauseated or both.

Popular Fragrances