Alima Pure Flocked Sponge

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

If you've been wanting that flawless, natural look from your MMU that you'd usually get from liquid/cream foundations, GET THIS. Seriously, this little gem has applied my foundation (Alima's W5) more flawlessly than any of my foundation brushes, Alima's included. Get it wet, squeeze the excess water out, tap some foundation out (I use a small tea saucer), and apply like you would a liquid foundation. I don't even need concealer anymore, just apply a little extra to places where you need it. My skin looks like mine, but...better. Be careful with cleaning it as if you're too rough you can rip it, but it should last several months before you have to replace it. If wash it after use it'll be ready to use the next morning. I'll definitely be buying several to keep at a time.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

When I am in a hurry and/or just want to look flawless (or both), this little baby does the trick. I still love the buff brush for small spots that need extra coverage (you can't do a lot of smaller spots unless you use the corner of this, which requires some practice), but in a pinch, this is my go to applicator. I have two or three of them in case I lose one. It is a staple and sometimes applies better than my army of high end and Alima brushes combined depending on my skin that day. I LOVE THIS LITTLE THING! And it works even bettre SLIGHTLY damp...

I have never been partial to sponges. I'm usually a finger-application girl with the occasional use of a brush for foundation. I figured I would give this a whirl though after reading about other people's experiences with it. I'm glad I did! It really give me a good application with good control and just the right amount of coverage. I use it dry (but maybe I'll have to try it wet after reading one of the earlier reviews!).

I agree with the previous reviewer--- this flocked sponge is incredible! However, unlike the other reviewer, I use it dry and it works wonderfully like that for me. I use this and Alima's powder brush, and the combination gives me a flawless face that lasts for hours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

OK. So I have discovered the flocked sponge. This sponge is probably no different from any other flocked sponge, but I thought I would review this under Alima anyway, because it is FABULOUS!! I thought I couldn't love Alima more, but after using this sponge I could just marry it. It comes in a its own reusable plastic envelope, so if you have to travel with it you are good. It is also washable and reusable. I did have a tiny bit of flaking on the first few uses, but that has stopped. But what I have to say about this sponge, doesn't have to do with the quality or the packaging of the sponge, it's about how it applies the mineral foundation. OMG. Before the sponge, I was applying the powder with my MAC foundation brush. Adding a little bit of water, swirling it around on the back of my hand and then applying. The coverage was decent and lasted thoughout most of the day on my slightly oily skin...I really didn't have any complaints except that it was difficult to blend parts of face that needed some extra creme concealer. For those parts of my face, I tried buffing with a kabuki brush with dry powder, but it didn't really work out too well. THEN, I got the sponge in the mail after reading about how well some people do with it. I dampened the sponge just a TOUCH with water, then blended the foundation on the back of my hand and applied. WHOA. The application was superfast, also, gave me the extra coverage where I needed it, it perfectly buffed those extra concealed areas, lasts even longer throughout the day, didn't irritate my skin, and after a few minutes, it even gave me that dewy look that i love! How'd it do that??!? For those ladies that find that they need a little more coverage than the brushes give, are sensitive to brushes (I have yet to try the new Alima brushes, I'm tempted, but I think all I need is the sponge), or the ladies with oily skin that find that using the kabuki brush only gives the make-up a few hours of wear, you should definitely try this. If you don't want to spend the $4, which is a little steep for a sponge (but if I had no choice I would totally buy it), you can get it on ebay for a little bit cheaper. They look like the same sponge, I just don't think it comes with the little extra traveling envelope. But yes, the flocked sponge is definitely a must-try!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools