Nioxin Thinning Hair System 3

No Image

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have used the nioxin scalp treatment 3 on my twice now, after i had a curly perm and my hair started thinning. I only use this from their range and it is amazing. After using it consistent for a couple of weeks, i noticed all these new hairs coming back. It is amazing !!

on 5/13/2016 5:39:00 PM

First of all I'm licensed so I get products from beauty supply at cost, but nioxin is pricey. Anyway I've used this product three times in 25 years about, past two times it worked and helped but I did have to use different conditioner as it dries hair out badly. This time again I used system 3. First month ok, then hair got worse, dry and more falk out.i stopped leave in treatment then it helped, in one week it started again so I switched to #4, didn't help, I had an itchie scalp also, and felt like I had product buildup everywhere. So I stopped, keep in mind this product has been reformulated three times already. I went on to something else, so no one is crazy if this has happened to you, it didn't work. Made me worse.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was recommended this by a hairstylist after getting my shoulder length hair cut into an a-line bob. She said I had major buildup on my hair and to use this as a clarifying shampoo once a week. I had been doing that since then (2-3 months ago) and my hair is no longer hard to brush out after my shower. As I am very curious I did purchase the Kenra Clarifying shampoo to alternate with this weekly and I can tell just how gentle this Nioxin is in comparison. It leaves my hair super clean without leaving my hair feeling super stripped. Now I only wash my hair two times a week and on the first day I use this Nioxin and I absolutely love how it makes my scalp tingle do to the peppermint oil in this. I do use my Kenra Nourishing Masque every time I wash with this and the two combined are a perfect match!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I can tell you this products works for me. I have always had mousy thin hair. After 1 application I noticed a difference! I had increased volume and it makes my hair shiny. It is not cheap, but the 3 pack with shampoo, conditioned and scalp therapy is the best buy. Just an FYI, if you are lucky you can find the kits, or large sized bottles, at Winners or Marshalls, which is much cheaper than beauty supply stores. Amazon also has good prices as well and they also sell the entire Nioxin line. I have the entire care line and I will continue using it despite the higher cost.

on 11/26/2014 6:59:00 AM

I have been using this product for a few weeks now but cannot continue with it. It has left my hair dry and unbelievably tangled. First use: With the shampoo, I liked the smell of it but noticed straight away my hair felt stripped. The conditioner didn't seem to restore my hair to its normal condition and after towel drying as normal it was a mess of knots. The scalp treatment seemed o.k. until I dried my hair after which it felt sticky and coated. I continued to use it hoping this was beginners nerves and that after a few treatments it would begin to work and improve my hair. However at this stage I am losing more hair from brushing due to the dry, sticky residue that this product leaves. I tried it without using the scalp treatment thinking this was what was leaving it like that, but it remains dry and dull. I'm so disappointed because I had been using a much cheaper thickening shampoo which I was very happy with, but tried this one on advice from a salon. Not worth the money or the effort of getting by hair back to it's previous condition.

on 11/19/2014 1:53:00 PM

I am 62 and have thinning hair. I used the shampoo and it not only dried out my hair..I noticed HAIR LOSS...and a lot more hair loss than usual. I've used the product for a couple of weeks, now. i don't know if anyone else has experienced these issues, but this shampoo did not work for me!!!

I have Hashimoto's thyroid and I was diagnosed when I was thirteen years old. After that my hair started to thin, and by the time I was 22 it had rapidly thinned to the point where I had large bold spots all over my head, and my hair was very thin everywhere else. And, the hair that I had was dry, breaking, knots everywhere...dying. After it had gotten so terrible, I cut all my hair off. It was a nightmare to say the least. I went on a serious researching mission - my hair was beautiful once, couldn't it be again?

I did 3 part system on my hair after researching the internet and trying everything!! Here's what I did and after two longs years later, my hair is soo close to being what it was when I was a thirteen year old girl, with beautiful thick long hair. My problem was that not enough (probably very little) blood and nutrients were getting to my scalp that thick layers of skin dried over areas and was so thick that hair could not penetrate through.

Garlic juice (pressing garlic) every night for eight months gave my hair a much needed nutrient boost and after 8 months all that dried up skin peeled off in thick layers. (Disgusting, but satisfying). Just press the garlic and put the juice on the problem areas.

Messaging your head every day for 5-10minutes so allow the blood to get there. Try and get the skin off the scalp! And, your scalp should be red where you messaged. Two fingers pushing together like 1inch apart. SUPER EFFECTIVE.

And, last but not least, Nioxin. It changed the little hair that I had from shitty, brittle, dying state to shinny, thicker and smoother. All other products I had tried, store bought and salon could not help the dire state that my hair was in. I would recommend using the Scalp Therapy as it gives your hair vitamins that it needs.

What I've learned from loosing almost all my hair as a 22 year old girl:
Getting blood to your scalp to deliver the nutrients it needs and keeping the holes where your hair comes through open and clean is the best mechanism to fighting balding.

I hope this review helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a stress head. A big one at that! So when my hairdresser pointed out that all my hair was falling out, my heart dropped. I love my hair. I've been growing it for over a year now. No heat products are allowed near it! I want to achieve that flawless & perfect length we all dream of! She recommended I use nioxin 3 (I have baby fine hair). There seem to be a lot of bad reviews, so I was extremely nervous to use it. I don't know why. This is amazing! Everything weighs my hair down, but this is doesn't. It seems to have cleaned everything off my hair and it looks beautiful. My hair is full of bounce & just looks amazing. I even have waves! Thin hair? Buy this!

I am not convinced by the system. Being formulated for fine color treated hair it feels bit heavy. I could feel that my hair is weighed down a bit after using the products. I wish the shampoo and conditioner left my hair lighter.
Maybe I misunderstood the concept as I was not using the system against hair loss. I have no issues with losing hair and was intending to use the system as regular products.

on 5/10/2013 6:28:00 PM

I used to have fine but thick hair and didn't used to have much hair loss while showering, combing etc. When I started colouring my hair it became quite dry and brittle so I started using Keratase products to remedy it which worked really well initially. However, I started experiencing product built up in my roots and scalp (eek!) which was really hard to wash off.

I then switched to TREsemme Deep Cleansing shampoo which helped with the built up but stripped my hair and made it more brittle than usual even though I continued to condition my hair with Kerastase Nutritive Masquitense. I then started noticing more and more hair in my shower drain and in my comb. The last straw was when my mum pointed out that my hair looked limped and thinner than before.

For the next few months I desperately searched and tried different hair products including Aveda but nevertheless failed to find a solution. Finally, I found Nioxin. I initially thought the whole concept behind the product was quite gimmicky but gave it a try even though I was pretty skeptical.

I used the Hair System 3 everyday plus the Deep Repair Hair Masque (mid to ends only). It's been a month since and I must say Nioxin is WONDERFUL. My hair is noticeably thicker now, almost back to the way it was (even my mum noticed!) and there's less hair clogging the shower drain! The shampoo did a great job cleaning my scalp without stripping it and I've not had any problems with product built up. One word of caution though is that the Scalp Treatment stings a little on first use but it's fine after the 2nd, at least it was for me. The products don't really smell nice but who cares! As long as it works! Definitely sticking to it.

Popular Hair Products