4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

My HG body soap. So gentle, I have never had a reaction it. I also us it to work up a lather on my legs before I shave. Nice clean "soap" smell that is very light and doesn't linger too long after you leave the shower (a definite plus, no worry about it clashing with my perfume/deo/lotion/etc.). My husband even uses it. Price is amazing- much cheaper than dove or similar soaps. It is available at most dollar stores, but be careful, the bars at the dollar store are smaller than the ones found at drugstores or grocery stores. You get a better value for you money buying there, and you are still spending less than $5.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

1.0

2 years ago

So I need so soap so I went to the dollar store and I seen this and thought I would try it... It made my skin feel dry but it was a light soap I loved that but I hate dry skin

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Medium Brown

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Been using this soap alongside Dove since I was a kid after my mom figured out I was allergic to strong smelling soap like Zest. If I had to choose, I would prefer Jergens for a few reasons. The soap is mild, works well on my sensitive skin and I use it as a cleanser on my face at night. The feel of Jergens feels light and barley noticable on my skin and that's what I like. It leaves my skin feeling soft. The only time I would use Dove is on my body and I don't like it on my face so Jergens is the better soap overall for me to use. Shape: I like how it's square that I can cut the soap into smaller pieces for use on my face. Price: I bought 8 bars of Jergens which was about the same price for 4 bars of Dove unscented soap. Pretty good deal. I didn't compare with other brands as I've only used Dove or Jergens. Packaging: Easy to open but the packaging on the soap kind of sucks. It seems little pieces of paper can get stuck and have to pull it off. Just a really minor inconvenience.

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

4 years ago

I have used this soap for years. And my skin looks amazing. I get compliments on how clear and smooth it is. I refuse to use anything else. It has a nice clean fragrance. A wonderful lather. And an awesome reasonable price. I use it daily. And highly recommended it.

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive

HairSilver

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I get a 3 bar pack of this at the dollar store so its cheap. I don't use this for my body because all bar soaps make me itch but its great as a brush cleaner. It gets out the product and makes it easier to disinfect at the same time. My brushes are always squeaky clean after using this.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesBrown

2.0

4 years ago

I tried this soap out and it made me feel a little dry after and itchy I dont think ii will be using this kind any more.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I was a teenager in the early 1970s, back when there weren't a lot of really good acne treatments like today. I had horrible acne, tried everything, and one day out of desperation I tried Jergens soap. To my amazement it cleared up my skin, and was my go to cleanser up through my early 20s, especially since it was cheap, by which time my skin calmed down and there were newer better cleansers finally available. It seemed like it was my little secret, because no one else used it and it was never advertised for acne, but it sure worked for me. I would still say "give it a try" to young people with acne, though!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Straight, Medium

2.0

6 years ago

Oh, how I wanted to like this. I long to be one of those women who rely on the simple, "old-fashioned" beauty products. But alas...my sensitive skin was quite unhappy with this, and boy, did it let me know. I have rosacea, and after washing my face with this, it turned bright red and stayed that way for the day. I plan to give Dove unscented a try next. I couldn't find this in any store, so had to order online. It only came in a 3-pack, so not sure what to do with the rest. I do give it points for the light, inoffensive scent!

About reviewer (175 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I use this regularly. I have a fragrance allergy and this doesn't bother my skin. I get it 3 bars for $1 at the dollar store. It was a good find. Sometimes the wrap sticks to the bar and takes some time to get the little shreds of paper off.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairRed

7 years ago

Great buy.I usually get an 8 pack at walgreens on sale for $2.99.Works great for my sensitive hive prone skin.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35