Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 7/24/2017 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this eyeliner. I particularly bought this because I was looking for an eyeliner that was very black. This eyeliner is truly black, the blackest black I have seen. Many people don't like how dark/black this cream liner is, but it really works for me. I have tan skin, black eyes, thick eyebrows, so this eyeliner color is perfect for me to help create a strong contrast with my strong features. It really helps my eyes pop. Before, I had the bobbi brown gel eyeliner in black ink and clinique true black is blacker than that. It lasts me long too and it doesn't smudge on me. I like how it is easy to work with since the texture is very smooth and consistent. It is really easy to make cat eyes. You don't have to apply a lot of pressure since it glides on so easily and quickly since it is a cream eyeliner and not a thick gel eyeliner like Bobbi Brown. I think the brush is okay, not the best. I would buy my own brush separately and use it with this liner. For the price of $16, this cream eyeliner is a very good deal. I'm definitely going to purchase again when I run out.

on 5/9/2016 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've purchased this four, maybe five times in the last two or three years. It is by far the BEST cream/gel liner I've ever used. Previously I used Tarte's Amazonian Clay liner and tried Maybelline but this beats them both. The brush kind of sucks, I there it out and use an inexpensive Japonesque liner brush. It is SO black and stays on through crying, allergy season, naps, everything! It applies so smoothly too! For just $16 I think this is an amazing deal.

on 4/12/2015 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

MAYBE but most likely I would buy this again, this is my 2nd cream/gel liner type eyeliner that I bought. The other one I tried was Loreal's. My thoughts on this:

PROS:Color A deep matte-ish black that brushes on true to color with very little streaks or patches.

Consistency- This is not a gel, this is a cream! And it's so soft and non irritating too. This NEVER dries out, I have even left it open overnight and all day and it was still like new. I cant say that for the Loreals that dried up very quickly.

Application- Very easy to make cat eyes, mini flicks, dramatic, or subtle.

Wear&Removal- Doesn't smear everywhere or flake even with the tears. I wear contacts and sometimes I need to refresh my lenses with drops and my eyeliner is still intact. Removes easily with an eye makeup remover. More or less waterproof-ish.

Price- More expensive than Loreal, but cheaper than BobbiBrown and MAC. Not bad!

CONS: Wear Time- It doesn't flake off but it slowly fades throughout the day.

Application- You NEED a decent brush to make this work. Sometimes application can be a bit chunky as its very creamy and lots of product gets on the brush. I have to wipe the brush on the sides of the pot to make sure I dont have too much. I think this takes more patience to use compared to a pencil eyeliner or a pen.

Finish- This is a personal preference, but I would like to have a more shiny lacquer black eyeliner rather than matte and I thought this would be it but it wasn't.

Besides the cons, this is a really good cream eyeliner. I dont use this everyday but often. I bought this almost a YEAR ago and it's still creamy and applies like new.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It was not at all what I expected from an "eyeliner" I'd compare it to a mac paint pot it would make a better base. It's easy to get too much I started with a full container and once I built up non patchy color and put a couple swatches on my hand there was a significant dent in my container which I'm also going to post a photo of. The dry down time is sllllllow and it's not waterproof I smudged it 2 min after I applied it with my med shader brush. First swatch was the residue left over from my horrible attempt at my eye the second is layered and the third is one 2. And I also compared it to a paintpot which is not supposed to be opaque in one swipe. Overall patchy thick goopy slow drying easily transferred, it takes a lot of product I put a significant dent in one use. The color is nice though.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This has become my go-to cream liner. Goes on extremely smoothly (when using a decent brush of course) and lasts forever. What I especially like about Clinique that I haven't found with other liquid or cream liners is that in addition to smooth application, the pigment is wonderful -- deep, matte, and lasts all day without smudging off or dulling.

on 12/23/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't know if this is a gel liner or a cream liner (I thought it was a gel liner despite the name because I don't have to wet my brush before using it), but whatever it is it's a great liner.

If anyone's tried MAC Fluidline, it's basically the same thing - it's very easy to create different eyeliner looks, including winged liner looks. It's also fun to use with a liquid liner if you want to do a fine line with a wing. I use the liquid liner to create a fine line and then use this to create the wing because it's easier.

I think the advantage of this over fluidline is that the container screws together more tightly so each pot lasts longer. I can't remember how the price compares to fluidline though. I think they're probably around the same price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this to replace the previous gel eyeliner I was using, which was MAC fluidline. That wasn't a bad product but I didn't feel like dealing with the inevitable unnecessary attitude of the MAC counter, plus Clinique had a gift with purchase.

This product is similar to MAC fluidline, but is richer and more black. This type of eyeliner is my preferred formula because it is more intense than a pencil and not as intense/shiny as a liquid. Also, you don't need to stretch your eyelids out to apply, which in turn causes wrinkles! (That was my primary reason for wanting a gel/cream eyeliner - the ease with which they can be applied) The MAC eyeliner seemed to dry to more of a powdered finish than this one. Another point of comparison - this was cheaper than the MAC version. I have had this for 4 months+ and it has not dried out or changed texture. I do not use the brush it came with but it's nice that they give you one! Will probably repurchase but willing to try others.

on 6/16/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

OK seriously I dont get why ppl like this...it really isn't truly black and it does not stay put all day....I like my WnW cream liner wayyyy better and it's only $3!!! I'm going back to that..

on 11/22/2010 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

What i really like about this product is that it do not dried out even after months using it. I just make sure to close the jar properly each time i used it. The brush that came with is pretty useless to me. I prefer to use it with my bent eyeliner brush. The application is smooth and creamy and it stayed all day long. I would probably buy it again but thought of trying out Mac Black track fluidline the next time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Uhh...this transfers to my lid like no other! I bought this because I ran out of my MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and wanted to try something new. This glides on easy but doesn't have that flat black that I love about fluidlines. You have to reapply this over and over again to get a really black solid line. I have really oily lids and this doesn't stay on with primer/paint pot at all! MAC fluidlines tend to stay on all day for me. This really smudges quickly and fades throughout the day. I end up having to wipe my lids all day because of this stupid liner. I'm so disappointed I can't return it.

I'll continue to use MAC fluidlines.