CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.2

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 12/24/2009 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Horrible product.. Verry dissapointed since the reviews here were really good and I purchased it without trying first... Gave me racoon eyes only after 2 hours of sitting at work. I don't have oily eyelids and I wear Smashbox lid primer underneath. The only good thing about this eyeliner was easy application and nice rich black color. But who cares if I'm gonna look like an idiot only after a few hours. I applied it to my upper lids and it was all around my undereye area without rubbing. Will return it right away..

on 1/2/2010 6:46:00 PM

This is such a disappointment. The cream runs too thin, and it takes several layers to create a true black, and that's impossible to do because when you try to draw over the line with a brush, it smears the line and its just a mess. And it takes forever to dry, so if you try to blink it gets transfered to other parts of my lids. ughh. SO not worth the money. Get blacktrack loreal's hip liner instead.

on 2/16/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i found that this product did go on nicely and it was easy to correct mistakes made while applying it. it is an intense black that is very matte. the only problem that i had with this product is that it flaked off very easily and there are always black flecks on my cheeks if I'm not constantly checking for fallout. i wont be buying this product again.

Black gel eyeliner is my #1 make-up staple and this is my HG gel eyeliner. It's very black, applies smoothly, dries quickly(on your eyes, not in the pot!), no smudging, lasts all day. I've had it for about 3 months and it's just as wet as the day I opened it (and I have a tendency to leave it open until I finish both eyes). My only complaint is that when I tried using this to tight-line, it transferred to my contacts. I'll stick to pencils for tight-lining but as far as gel eyeliners go this is a winner for me. Eyeliner isn't something I'm willing to "experiment" with; I want an eyeliner that can look as good at the end of the day as it did when I put it on that morning.. This does just that, at a lower price than many other department store/high-end make up brands. (I use a hard angled brush with it)

on 2/20/2011 3:58:00 AM

I have crazy oily lids, so I've always had a hard time finding a liner that stays where I put it. I've tried a million black liners, including fluidline, and this is the first one I would absolutely repurchase. It smudges occasionally, in high heat or when I'm sweaty or whatever, but it smudges SO much less than any other liner I've tried - I think it's about as close to perfect as I'm gonna get, and I'm super happy to have found it.

This is the perfect eyeliner for making those little cat eye flicks. Its fluid but doesnt set as quickly as liquid liner so its much easier to correct if you make a mistake. I do find sometimes if i wear it all day then go out at night it wont stay put completely but im a sucker for rubbing my eyes then remembering im wearing make up a little too late. The texture of it is just so much more pleasurable to use than liquid liner and it doesn't show up every jitter of your hand. Over the winer months i found the texture changed and it was much harder to apply but i just heated it up with my hairdryer for a few seconds and it was just as applicable as usual. The only gripe i have is the stupid little brush, the strands have splayed out, even though ive kept it in the original box, cleaned it etc... But thats a seriously minor grievance, overall i looooove it.

Having read the reviews here, i decided to give this liner a try- and i'm so glad i did. it is so easy to apply, with no tugging on the lid and a creamy feel, and it doesn't smudge even if you wear it to sleep (my test- i want something that won't look terrible in front of my man in the morning. i know it's bad fr the eyes to leave it on, but some nights you just don't get to the mirror before bed). i love that its not in a glass container, and that it comes with a brush. although i prefer to use the felt tip from an old liquid eyeliner, cleaned off it makes a great applicator for this liner as it has the smallest tip i've found. i tired Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner before this, in black plum, and was very unhappy with it- it had a tacky feel, and seemed to flake off during the day. also the black plum really didn't make my eyes pop, the MA recommended it for my hazel eyes, but i find that black brings them out much more. i ended up returning it. i love the clinque liner, and as others have said it really is the blackest black. try it. EDIT: although i still like this liner, the more i wear it the more drying it seems to be on my eyes. it might be the dry winter weather, though. also, on repeated use, it almost seems TOO black for me- even though i have very dark eyebrows and naturally black lashes. i think i may need to try and different application technique instead of drawing it across my lid. one final note- it is incredibly hard to remove completely! i love its staying power, but even after removing it with a thouroughly saturated cotton ball i can still see a little of it at my lashline. i took one lippie off not because its not a good product, but it just isn't as perfect as it seemed as first use. i think i will have to try laura mercier cake liner.

I've got to say, this is the best gel/cream eyeliner I've tried. I love the Maybelline ones, but they dry out if you don't use them in time. I've had this Clinique pot for probably 5 years and it's nowhere near drying out.
This product is very black, very creamy, and very easy to work with. It also lasts quite well. I always reach for it when going for a gel/cream eyeliner look, and I never regret it. It's sort of a staple, and a pot lasts forever. I will definitely repurchase, if I ever even have to!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This has become my go-to cream liner. Goes on extremely smoothly (when using a decent brush of course) and lasts forever. What I especially like about Clinique that I haven't found with other liquid or cream liners is that in addition to smooth application, the pigment is wonderful -- deep, matte, and lasts all day without smudging off or dulling.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i love this stuff. especially for winged eyeliner.
it stays forever and the true black color is so dark you don't even need to build it. the consistency is so smooth and easy to work with. i think it works best (in my opinion) with an angled eyeliner brush. all in all when i run out i will certainly repurchase but that probably won't be anytime soon because i'm only using this for special events (high school budget)