CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by hair type : Straight
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.4

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

All time favourite liner! I have tried so many cream and liquid liners and pens and my watery/sensitive eyes smudge and crease. This is the first liner I have tried that really stays put. I love it.

It is not a jet black, more of a soft black which I prefer so my lashes are blacker. I also have it in "Black Honey" but the black is my go to. The BH is a rich eggplant with a touch of shimmer and I feel it competes a bit with my eye colour, I think it would be fabulous on green and hazel eyes.

The tiny brush is ok for travel, but it isnt effective for daily use, I always use a regular sized angled or thin liner brush.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this simply because I have never tried Clinique for make up and felt it was a 'safe' place start for someone who wears winged eyeliner 99% of the time (I have small round eyes, it's corrective make up for them). I really want to love it... But I just don't. I must state I work as waitress, the building is very warm and time is often spent in the heat of the kitchen/steam from glass wear machine. This product does not stay on. It falls under my eyes if I use it in my waterline and onto my lid when I apply it on top of my lid. I don't think it's very black. It's kinda dark grey. It goes on 'scratchy' and appears flaky within an hour. I've tried UD primers, Mac prep+prime, Mac paint pots and just powder underneath. I've tried translucent powder on top! I've also tried atleast 4 different brushes including the one it comes with. It just slides and looks grey and flaky I hate it! When I wear this on an evening and I'm not at work, I do find it lasts a lot longer and the problems aren't as severe but they are nevertheless still the same problems, which I just don't think you should be getting from this name/price. Maybelline gel liner is definitely much better and blacker than this product. I'm still on a mission to find the perfect gel liner but so far this is ranking bottom for me. I'm almost at the end of my pot and it has not redeemed itself and I will not be repurchasing.

on 4/12/2015 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

MAYBE but most likely I would buy this again, this is my 2nd cream/gel liner type eyeliner that I bought. The other one I tried was Loreal's. My thoughts on this:

PROS:Color A deep matte-ish black that brushes on true to color with very little streaks or patches.

Consistency- This is not a gel, this is a cream! And it's so soft and non irritating too. This NEVER dries out, I have even left it open overnight and all day and it was still like new. I cant say that for the Loreals that dried up very quickly.

Application- Very easy to make cat eyes, mini flicks, dramatic, or subtle.

Wear&Removal- Doesn't smear everywhere or flake even with the tears. I wear contacts and sometimes I need to refresh my lenses with drops and my eyeliner is still intact. Removes easily with an eye makeup remover. More or less waterproof-ish.

Price- More expensive than Loreal, but cheaper than BobbiBrown and MAC. Not bad!

CONS: Wear Time- It doesn't flake off but it slowly fades throughout the day.

Application- You NEED a decent brush to make this work. Sometimes application can be a bit chunky as its very creamy and lots of product gets on the brush. I have to wipe the brush on the sides of the pot to make sure I dont have too much. I think this takes more patience to use compared to a pencil eyeliner or a pen.

Finish- This is a personal preference, but I would like to have a more shiny lacquer black eyeliner rather than matte and I thought this would be it but it wasn't.

Besides the cons, this is a really good cream eyeliner. I dont use this everyday but often. I bought this almost a YEAR ago and it's still creamy and applies like new.

I've got to say, this is the best gel/cream eyeliner I've tried. I love the Maybelline ones, but they dry out if you don't use them in time. I've had this Clinique pot for probably 5 years and it's nowhere near drying out.
This product is very black, very creamy, and very easy to work with. It also lasts quite well. I always reach for it when going for a gel/cream eyeliner look, and I never regret it. It's sort of a staple, and a pot lasts forever. I will definitely repurchase, if I ever even have to!

Black gel eyeliner is my #1 make-up staple and this is my HG gel eyeliner. It's very black, applies smoothly, dries quickly(on your eyes, not in the pot!), no smudging, lasts all day. I've had it for about 3 months and it's just as wet as the day I opened it (and I have a tendency to leave it open until I finish both eyes). My only complaint is that when I tried using this to tight-line, it transferred to my contacts. I'll stick to pencils for tight-lining but as far as gel eyeliners go this is a winner for me. Eyeliner isn't something I'm willing to "experiment" with; I want an eyeliner that can look as good at the end of the day as it did when I put it on that morning.. This does just that, at a lower price than many other department store/high-end make up brands. (I use a hard angled brush with it)

on 5/8/2013 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I honestly didnít know gel or cream liner could be this magnificent. I wear winged liner every day and have always just bought the gel/cream liner from the drugstore because I thought why pay more for basically the same thing. Iíve tried LíOrealís, Maybelline, Wet n Wild, Elf, Physicianís Formula and a few other drugstore liners in the little pots. Some have been horrible and others were good and I assumed they were as good as it gets. I thought it was normal for a cream liner to work great for about a month before it would start to dry out and become difficult to apply and flake all over my face throughout the day. Iíve never been able to hit ďpanĒ or completely use up any of my drugstore liners because they just become far too hard to work with. Then a few months ago I was at my local Clinique counter and decided to try their cream liner for the heck of it. Let me tell you, this stuff applies like nothing I have ever used; it is so soft and smooth, like butter. This liner applies so easily that itís saving me time in the morning because I donít have to struggle with applying dry, pasty liner. The best part is that the consistency of this liner is exactly the same as it was the day I opened it; it is showing absolutely no signs of drying out. I have the black color and it is a true deep black; dries to a matte finish and I only need to go over the line once to get a solid black line. This liner cost me $16 which is only about $5 more than the drugstore brand I was using and in the long run the Clinique liner will be cheaper since itís not drying out and becoming unusable. I will definitely be getting my moneyís worth on this liner.

on 4/24/2013 2:51:00 PM

Without a primer, the eyeliner is dark and glides on very smoothly without tugging but after a few hours, it starts to smudge and after half a day I end up looking quite raccoon like. With primer, it tends to stay pretty much all day with minimal smudging. The eyeliner also comes with a mini brush, which is decent considering brushes that come with makeup are usually pretty terrible and it's perfect for applying eyeshadow or eyeliner for the lower lash line.
Overall, I would prefer this eyeliner over the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (which also smudged on me), just because it's cheaper and you get more product.

on 9/22/2012 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

It didn't last as long as Mac gel eyeliner. I needed an eyeliner that would last for about 8-10 hours since I usually work for that long and do not have any time to reapply my make up or fix any smudges. This gel liner definitely smudge in the inner corner of my eyes and down below my lash line even though I only line on top. The brush it came with is useless. I guess it doesn't work on oily lids. I've tried it with 3 different eye primer and it still smudges (nars, too faced shadow insurance, and urban decay. Guess I'm going back to Mac or possibly try out Bobbi Brown next.

on 6/13/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: Very rich pigmentation (a deeper black than my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner). Very smooth and creamy consistency, applies like butta', which also makes it good for smudgy, smoky eye looks.

Cons: Takes a while to dry and set due to the creaminess. I am used to the drier consistency of my Bobbi Brown eyeliner, so I found it a bit annoying if I happened to accidentally smudge a line. (Again, however, this makes it good for certain looks). Also, this doesn't last past a few hours on me. Granted, I have very oily lids, but the smudging is just ridiculous on me, and I end up with panda eyes too quickly.

I wanted to love this, as the color payoff is amazing, but I'll stick to Bobbi Brown's long-wear gel eyeliner as it mostly lasts the whole day for me.

on 5/27/2012 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

The only reason I'm not buying this product again (or giving it full 5 lipsticks) is because of the ingredients. It's not awful, but these days, I prefer my beauty products to have progressive or natural ingredients and show some sort of transparency on their product website.

What it's like: a little glass pot with a black gel cream inside. The brush they provide is kind of crap so I recommend using a liner brush (a soft paint brush) or an angled eyeliner brush (an actual cosmetics brush). I prefer the latter unless I'm doing something very specific and nontraditional.

How I use it: I have oily skin so I always use a primer base. These days, I either use a sample I got from MAC's paint pot line in Painterly, or Bare Escentuals Brightening Primer. I carefully paint the cream on my lids with a brush in small strokes. You can get pretty detailed with this stuff. It goes on smoothly and isn't runny, clumpy, or difficult to work with.

How it wears: the end result is very pigmented and lasts all day. It won't budge after it's fully dried (just a few minutes). I basically only use this product for special events or going out, when I actually take time to apply more dramatic makeup. It's never disappointed me as long as I have some sort of eyeshadow primer on underneath. I did the winged eye look for a friend's wedding earlier this year. This eyeliner lasted throughout the wedding and after party, flawlessly. It only came off when I washed it with soap.

As long as you're not extremely strict with what goes into your cosmetics, this would be a great eyeliner (not that this is full of incredibly harmful ingredients or anything). It's not irritating; it's easy to work with, wears well and lasts long.