Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by hair type : Other
Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.4

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 5/8/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The blackest gel eyeliner I know. Has a little bit of a glossy finish. The formula is kind of wet so it applies quicker comparing to MAC fluidline. I do find it does smudges a little bit at the very end of the day, the line is not as precise as I draw it. I still don't know which formula I prefer between this and MAC fluidline! :\

on 10/10/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My first gel liner and I don't know why I bought others. Although it is not MY perfect eyeliner it is the best gel liner I've tried and I have tried Bobbi Brown(which sucked so bad I returned it!), MAC (it was OK), wet and wild (Dried up so quickly I hardly got any use out of it), Maybelline (also dried up really quickly). Clinique one does not dry out for a long time. I recently threw it out because it got to the point that it was dried up but that was after 3 years (Uh i know I should have thrown eyeliners out earlier...>_<) It does smudge on me but only after about 4 hours while Bobbi Brown smudged on me in 10 mins..(so disappointed I heard that it was supposed to be the best long wearing gel liner but not true). I'll still go out and buy this because I don't think it's safe to use liquid liner on the waterline and pencil liners are out of the question since they smudge in 30 seconds. So far the bestest (i know it's not a word) eyeliner I own has to be the physicians formula lash booster but it says specifically on the package not to use it on the waterline so I have to use Clinique on my waterline.

on 6/19/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Bobbi Brown's gel liners for 5 years now. It was the only brand eyeliner I would ever use simply because it was so great! The longevity and color selection were amazing! I used Granite Ink for reference since I like a softer black that's not too harsh.
However I kind of got bored and wanted to try something new. I decided to try Clinique's cream liner and I love it. It is definitely comparable to Bobbi Brown's. The color selection isn't as varied, but Clinique has your standard colors. The lasting power is just as great, as is the pigmentation (last for 12 hrs on me with minimal creasing). Now that I have Clinique's cream liner, I think it might very well be creamier than BB's and does not dry out as fast.

Oh I should also point out that with BB you pay ~$23 for 3g and for Clinique you pay $15 for 5g. At least in the US anyway.

So this will be lasting me a while.

It's a good, solid eyeliner. I would just buy this over any drugstore brand. Because $15 for 5g of fantastic product is better than say, $7-9 for mediocre eyeliner (Maybelline's eye studio? Yeah that stuff is crap).

This is my HG eyeliner; never ever will I stop using this. It soo pigmented and is a true rich black! It stays put all day, doesn't budge when it's dry. Let me tell you, before I even bought this I initially wanted to buy MAC's fluidline instead, but then after doing some research, everyone complained about how the MAC dried up after time. I've had my Clinique for some time now and it hasn't dried at all since I first got it. Also, the MAC one is more pricier and has less product than the Clinique! So go with the Clinique, in the end you'll be glad you did! I use mine everyday and I plan on repurchasing this until they stop making this!

on 6/7/2012 9:15:00 PM

I got this years ago and although its a little stiff it's still going strong. It comes with a tiny brush - a nice gesture. But this applies way better with an actual liner brush. The formula is creamy and very pigmented. I find this easy to apply whether it be a thick winged look or a bit of definition for an everyday look. The best part about this product is that it is budge-proof! It won't smudge or melt away. It beats quite a few "waterproof" gel liners for staying power, even though I don't think it claims to be waterproof. I like the packaging for this product. Just a simple pot with a screw on lid. I will easily be able to use up the last little bit.
Summary: great staying power, very pigmented
There is nothing I don't like about this. This is worth the few extra bucks. Definitely repurchase!

on 5/21/2012 8:12:00 PM

This is my HG liner for my upper lid. It stays a true black and only smudges if I use it to make a wing, and that happen only after 8+ hours. I use a slanted brush to apply it in 5 minutes or less. And at $10, it's a true gem.

Sorry to sound like everyone else but this is the queen of liners. It doesn't budge or transfer, even on my tightline where I use it most. Unlike my MAC fluidline, it hasn't dried out at all - I have had it for over a year and the consistency is the same lovely creamy texture it was when I bought it. HG product.

I think that this is great for the daytime becuase it's not super pigmented. To wear this for a night look you would definitely have to build the color. Very smooth and easily applied though. I really like it but like I said, it's not a super dark black so if you're looking for that, look elsewhere.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this product, and will try to return to update my review if I notice anything different; as far as the first applications, this product was fantastic for me. I can't ever avoid raccoon eyes, as my oily skin always messes with my eyeliner.

This product, in the past days, has stayed longer. At least 8 hours of great look. I think that my skin is waay greasier than most people, so that is a huge achievement.

As far as the included brush, I was actually gonna use one of my sephora brushes, but this one was much better. It is tiny, so you do have to practice a bit on your hand to figure out how much to use (you really don't need much product) and also to understand your hand movement.

I'm really loving this product, I've never bought the tarte one because I've heard a lot of complaints about the long term life of the product. I hope this one will last longer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Much better than pencil! This really stays in place on my top lid, and the pot lasts awhile. I don't know why, but it tends to smudge/run on my bottom lid... I didn't have a problem with the brush that came with it. However, it definitely takes a little longer to apply than pencil for me.