CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.4

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this simply because I have never tried Clinique for make up and felt it was a 'safe' place start for someone who wears winged eyeliner 99% of the time (I have small round eyes, it's corrective make up for them). I really want to love it... But I just don't. I must state I work as waitress, the building is very warm and time is often spent in the heat of the kitchen/steam from glass wear machine. This product does not stay on. It falls under my eyes if I use it in my waterline and onto my lid when I apply it on top of my lid. I don't think it's very black. It's kinda dark grey. It goes on 'scratchy' and appears flaky within an hour. I've tried UD primers, Mac prep+prime, Mac paint pots and just powder underneath. I've tried translucent powder on top! I've also tried atleast 4 different brushes including the one it comes with. It just slides and looks grey and flaky I hate it! When I wear this on an evening and I'm not at work, I do find it lasts a lot longer and the problems aren't as severe but they are nevertheless still the same problems, which I just don't think you should be getting from this name/price. Maybelline gel liner is definitely much better and blacker than this product. I'm still on a mission to find the perfect gel liner but so far this is ranking bottom for me. I'm almost at the end of my pot and it has not redeemed itself and I will not be repurchasing.

on 11/13/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go to liner for several years! I have tried many others, drug store, MAC, Stila pen etc. and this one is still my fav! Having sensitive eyes I am happy this does not irritate them at all.

I typically wear a dramatic cat eye daily and this really stays put and is correctable when applying with a makeup wipe, I have never had a jar dry out on me and I go through about 3 pots a year. Price is definitely reasonable for this product. Very pigmented! Not a glossy black, but a matte black.

The brush included, however, is trash. Well, wait, not trash, I use it to clean up my manicure or for nail art etc. but as far as for actual eyeliner application, no! I use my MAC 210. I do have to clean my brush after each use though because the dried product will build on the brush.

on 1/10/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is a little on the pricier side, but totally worth it. Thought I didn't like cream liners until I tried this one. The pigmentation is great and the consistency is like butter. Application is super easy, even for those of us who suck at eyeliner application. I got this as a gift but I will be repurchasing as soon as I run out. Probably my HG cream liner product.

I've got to say, this is the best gel/cream eyeliner I've tried. I love the Maybelline ones, but they dry out if you don't use them in time. I've had this Clinique pot for probably 5 years and it's nowhere near drying out.
This product is very black, very creamy, and very easy to work with. It also lasts quite well. I always reach for it when going for a gel/cream eyeliner look, and I never regret it. It's sort of a staple, and a pot lasts forever. I will definitely repurchase, if I ever even have to!

on 12/1/2012 4:03:00 PM

Pros:
Lasts all day
NEVER dries out (even left the pot open by accident overnight)
Nice colour
Creamy, doesn't tug skin with application
Price
Can achieve really subtle liner look.

Cons:
Very creamy/slick which makes applying it a bit more difficult than thicker, stiffer liners like fluidline. Gotta use a more steady hand.
Not the blackest black, but still nice.

I was really hoping that this would end my search for the perfect gel eyeliner but I was wrong. It wasn't horrible, but I will not be repurchasing. I liked that it lasted all day, it even hung on through a nap. It also didn't transfer on my eyelids or under-eyes. It is very creamy and did not seem to dry up in the pot (the reason why I don't stick to mac's blacktrack, it gets drier and drier in the pot and eventually tugs when I apply it). I did not like that because it was so creamy it would kind of streak when I applied it, so I would have to put on one "coat" then another to fill in the streaks. The main reason why I don't like it is because it looks more like a muted or washed out black and I like my eyeliner to be really black. As for the brush, its okay in a pinch. I used it just to try it out and it worked, but it made a thicker line and I prefer my own brushes.

on 6/13/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: Very rich pigmentation (a deeper black than my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner). Very smooth and creamy consistency, applies like butta', which also makes it good for smudgy, smoky eye looks.

Cons: Takes a while to dry and set due to the creaminess. I am used to the drier consistency of my Bobbi Brown eyeliner, so I found it a bit annoying if I happened to accidentally smudge a line. (Again, however, this makes it good for certain looks). Also, this doesn't last past a few hours on me. Granted, I have very oily lids, but the smudging is just ridiculous on me, and I end up with panda eyes too quickly.

I wanted to love this, as the color payoff is amazing, but I'll stick to Bobbi Brown's long-wear gel eyeliner as it mostly lasts the whole day for me.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i love this stuff. especially for winged eyeliner.
it stays forever and the true black color is so dark you don't even need to build it. the consistency is so smooth and easy to work with. i think it works best (in my opinion) with an angled eyeliner brush. all in all when i run out i will certainly repurchase but that probably won't be anytime soon because i'm only using this for special events (high school budget)

on 5/21/2012 8:12:00 PM

This is my HG liner for my upper lid. It stays a true black and only smudges if I use it to make a wing, and that happen only after 8+ hours. I use a slanted brush to apply it in 5 minutes or less. And at $10, it's a true gem.

on 3/15/2012 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this gel liner or cream liner as they refer to it. It is BLACK! I was using the clinique tube liquid liner before I accidentally got this after I sent a friend to buy me my clinique liner refill and he brought this instead and I tried it and I can't go back to d tube liner. It takes about a min to dry and turns charcoal/khol black! It is perfect for the winged cat eyes. The downside to this is the application brush included, it doesn't help give you straight line, I use my maybelline gel liner brush instead and it is fantastic. I will definitely buy again and again