Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.3

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 5/9/2008 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like the packaging typical Clinique pakaging. Price is very cheap and affordable but as for staying power...IT SUCKS smears like hell i look like the crow.... gross BUT what I will say is that it does go on very smooth before it smears. Maybe I am inpatient but as a person on the go i need my eyeliner in place and ready to go. I feel like with this eyeliner I need to give time for the gel to dry up on my lids. Sorry but i don't have time for that

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So in my search for a great cream liner I purchased this product thinking "it's Clinique, It will be awesome." I love Clinique, it's one of my most coveted makeup and skin care brands, but honestly, this stuff is complete rubbish.
The brush it comes with is so small, you can't use it and expect to get a good application, not to mention the bristles are stiff as a board so all you end up doing is moving the liner around your eye, but never actually getting a smooth application.
Secondly, the liner smudges and smears everywhere. Within the first hour of wear it was transferring onto my upper lid and losing it's color. I was shocked and a bit irritated by the low quality of this eyeliner. I immediately returned it, there is no way I will spend $15-20 on a liner that comes off right after I apply it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is not a bad eyeliner. The SA told me that it wouldn't fade off - she tried it on my hand and that baby wouldn't budge! She also said it could be used on the waterline. I'm not sure about that though. Anyway, here are my observations:

- It's a bit clumpy and dries easily which can make it difficult to apply. I actually prefer more liquid liners such as the Laura Mercier one which is a powder cake that you have to wet, though that one has other problems. I've reviewed that as well.

- The brush is useless, don't even bother. For one thing, it's too short.

- Now, as far as lasting effect is concerned, it didn't last as long as it did on my hand, probably because my eyelids are super greasy. And when it starts smudging, it looks horrific because it's quite heavily pigmented.

If you don't have oily lids and can keep your fingers off your eyes, it's not a bad product and will last forever. It's good for thick lines and dramatic looks. I now use it to intensify my pencil eyeliner for a deeper and longer-lasting line.

on 6/13/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: Very rich pigmentation (a deeper black than my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner). Very smooth and creamy consistency, applies like butta', which also makes it good for smudgy, smoky eye looks.

Cons: Takes a while to dry and set due to the creaminess. I am used to the drier consistency of my Bobbi Brown eyeliner, so I found it a bit annoying if I happened to accidentally smudge a line. (Again, however, this makes it good for certain looks). Also, this doesn't last past a few hours on me. Granted, I have very oily lids, but the smudging is just ridiculous on me, and I end up with panda eyes too quickly.

I wanted to love this, as the color payoff is amazing, but I'll stick to Bobbi Brown's long-wear gel eyeliner as it mostly lasts the whole day for me.

Won't buy it again, but probably good for lots of people. I have deep-set eyes and eyeliner always seems to smudge up on me.

Pro: It's a lovely cream to work with, really black, and easy to use with an angled brush.

Cons: Smudges onto my top lid after approximately four hours, also runs a bit, tends to crumble/flake into less of a clean line after a few hours as well.

on 6/18/2011 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really wanted a gel/cream based eyeliner. I originally wanted Bobbi Brown but I could not afford it at the time so I got Clinique instead. I like how smooth it is when it goes on and how easy it is to apply. The only reason why I will not be repurchasing it again is that it is not smudge proof at all. About 2 hrs into my night out it started to smudge. Make a waterproof one and I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

personally i prefer eye pencil.. i find liquid (or cream) look too unatural..

--->pros:
-doesnt smudge (since its waterproof)
-stays on
-product last a long time (altough i didnt finish it.. it looks like it can be used for ages)

--->cons:
-doesnt have a place for brush to go.. i kept losing it.. doesnt have a cap either..
-takes up too much time to apply.. unconvenient

i dont like the unatural look on liquid/cream eyeliner.. not so perfect for upper eyelid either.. but can be used if there's nothing else..

the 'lining' is too...unsmudgy hence the unatural look..

prefer eyepencil
will not repurchase..

on 10/10/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My first gel liner and I don't know why I bought others. Although it is not MY perfect eyeliner it is the best gel liner I've tried and I have tried Bobbi Brown(which sucked so bad I returned it!), MAC (it was OK), wet and wild (Dried up so quickly I hardly got any use out of it), Maybelline (also dried up really quickly). Clinique one does not dry out for a long time. I recently threw it out because it got to the point that it was dried up but that was after 3 years (Uh i know I should have thrown eyeliners out earlier...>_<) It does smudge on me but only after about 4 hours while Bobbi Brown smudged on me in 10 mins..(so disappointed I heard that it was supposed to be the best long wearing gel liner but not true). I'll still go out and buy this because I don't think it's safe to use liquid liner on the waterline and pencil liners are out of the question since they smudge in 30 seconds. So far the bestest (i know it's not a word) eyeliner I own has to be the physicians formula lash booster but it says specifically on the package not to use it on the waterline so I have to use Clinique on my waterline.

on 2/20/2011 3:58:00 AM

I have crazy oily lids, so I've always had a hard time finding a liner that stays where I put it. I've tried a million black liners, including fluidline, and this is the first one I would absolutely repurchase. It smudges occasionally, in high heat or when I'm sweaty or whatever, but it smudges SO much less than any other liner I've tried - I think it's about as close to perfect as I'm gonna get, and I'm super happy to have found it.

This Was My First Creme Eyeliner. I Like It Very Much. It Goes On Nicely, And It Is Dark(Atleast You Can Make It By Lightly Applying It Over You Line) I Love It. It Looks Very Smooth And Creamy And Makes My Small Green Eyes Look Big. I Would Definitely Recommend It. It Last A Long Time And By The End Of The Day I Just Grab A Q-Tip With A Lil Lotion And It Comes Right Off!