CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.3

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 5/9/2016 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've purchased this four, maybe five times in the last two or three years. It is by far the BEST cream/gel liner I've ever used. Previously I used Tarte's Amazonian Clay liner and tried Maybelline but this beats them both. The brush kind of sucks, I there it out and use an inexpensive Japonesque liner brush. It is SO black and stays on through crying, allergy season, naps, everything! It applies so smoothly too! For just $16 I think this is an amazing deal.

on 10/10/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My first gel liner and I don't know why I bought others. Although it is not MY perfect eyeliner it is the best gel liner I've tried and I have tried Bobbi Brown(which sucked so bad I returned it!), MAC (it was OK), wet and wild (Dried up so quickly I hardly got any use out of it), Maybelline (also dried up really quickly). Clinique one does not dry out for a long time. I recently threw it out because it got to the point that it was dried up but that was after 3 years (Uh i know I should have thrown eyeliners out earlier...>_<) It does smudge on me but only after about 4 hours while Bobbi Brown smudged on me in 10 mins..(so disappointed I heard that it was supposed to be the best long wearing gel liner but not true). I'll still go out and buy this because I don't think it's safe to use liquid liner on the waterline and pencil liners are out of the question since they smudge in 30 seconds. So far the bestest (i know it's not a word) eyeliner I own has to be the physicians formula lash booster but it says specifically on the package not to use it on the waterline so I have to use Clinique on my waterline.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is not a bad eyeliner. The SA told me that it wouldn't fade off - she tried it on my hand and that baby wouldn't budge! She also said it could be used on the waterline. I'm not sure about that though. Anyway, here are my observations:

- It's a bit clumpy and dries easily which can make it difficult to apply. I actually prefer more liquid liners such as the Laura Mercier one which is a powder cake that you have to wet, though that one has other problems. I've reviewed that as well.

- The brush is useless, don't even bother. For one thing, it's too short.

- Now, as far as lasting effect is concerned, it didn't last as long as it did on my hand, probably because my eyelids are super greasy. And when it starts smudging, it looks horrific because it's quite heavily pigmented.

If you don't have oily lids and can keep your fingers off your eyes, it's not a bad product and will last forever. It's good for thick lines and dramatic looks. I now use it to intensify my pencil eyeliner for a deeper and longer-lasting line.

on 6/13/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: Very rich pigmentation (a deeper black than my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner). Very smooth and creamy consistency, applies like butta', which also makes it good for smudgy, smoky eye looks.

Cons: Takes a while to dry and set due to the creaminess. I am used to the drier consistency of my Bobbi Brown eyeliner, so I found it a bit annoying if I happened to accidentally smudge a line. (Again, however, this makes it good for certain looks). Also, this doesn't last past a few hours on me. Granted, I have very oily lids, but the smudging is just ridiculous on me, and I end up with panda eyes too quickly.

I wanted to love this, as the color payoff is amazing, but I'll stick to Bobbi Brown's long-wear gel eyeliner as it mostly lasts the whole day for me.

on 2/15/2012 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Really good product. Nothing bad to say. Lasts. Smooth on application. Does not irritate my eye. Easy to remove despite it being long-lasting. Has not dried out after a few months.

Can't compare it to other big players (e.g. MAC fluidline/bobbi brown) cos I haven't tried them. After reading reviews and contemplating, I went straight to this. Don't think I'll go back, to be honest.
Just don't like that it has to come with a brush everytime you buy one. Guess it's smart of them to include it so they can charge you more. But I don't use it, and I think it's a waste of material. Just have to keep finding friends to give them to, I guess.
-----------------------------
UPDATE: I found a way to make this last ALL night. I was shocked when I checked after a night out. Primer helps, but if you have oily or hooded lids as I do, dust (or pile on - the more the better as long as you don't look chalky) on a layer of your-skin-coloured eyeshadow before applying the liner. If you forget to apply the shadow before, apply it above the area that's covered in liner. The shadow will absorb the oils throughout the night. Moreover, if you make a mistake with the liner, it's easier to rub off with a Q-tip since there's shadow underneath.

Won't buy it again, but probably good for lots of people. I have deep-set eyes and eyeliner always seems to smudge up on me.

Pro: It's a lovely cream to work with, really black, and easy to use with an angled brush.

Cons: Smudges onto my top lid after approximately four hours, also runs a bit, tends to crumble/flake into less of a clean line after a few hours as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had this cream liner for several months and it's just as creamy and smooth as the day I opened it. Man, my eyes are crazy sensitive. I react badly to everything - MAC liners, UD liners, Wet n Wild, Milani, Loreal, Prestige, NYX. I even had my eyes swell up and peel after using TFSI and UDPP. Then I found this. It's a smooth, very creamy true black that dries to a semi-matte finish. I use it to tightline and it doesn't move. It doesn't smear or fade or flake or transfer. Best of all, I can't even feel it. No itching, no stinging, no watery eyes. And no swelling and peeling. It comes off easily with any cleanser/wipe/oil I've used. It also doesn't have any odd undertones, it's black. Not gray-black, red-black, green-black. Just black. I'll absolutely buy this again. HG.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So in my search for a great cream liner I purchased this product thinking "it's Clinique, It will be awesome." I love Clinique, it's one of my most coveted makeup and skin care brands, but honestly, this stuff is complete rubbish.
The brush it comes with is so small, you can't use it and expect to get a good application, not to mention the bristles are stiff as a board so all you end up doing is moving the liner around your eye, but never actually getting a smooth application.
Secondly, the liner smudges and smears everywhere. Within the first hour of wear it was transferring onto my upper lid and losing it's color. I was shocked and a bit irritated by the low quality of this eyeliner. I immediately returned it, there is no way I will spend $15-20 on a liner that comes off right after I apply it.

on 6/18/2011 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really wanted a gel/cream based eyeliner. I originally wanted Bobbi Brown but I could not afford it at the time so I got Clinique instead. I like how smooth it is when it goes on and how easy it is to apply. The only reason why I will not be repurchasing it again is that it is not smudge proof at all. About 2 hrs into my night out it started to smudge. Make a waterproof one and I will definitely buy it again.

on 3/29/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the best brush-on eye liners I've ever used. This is probably HG for me! It comes in a small pot filled with pigmented color. I just dip an eyeliner brush into it and I'm set to go. You hardly need to pick up any color onto the brush because this is so pigmented. Just a little goes a long way! It is really easy to smudge for a smoky look and it also great if you want a really defined line. Stays put to! I love the staying power of this. Best of all, a small pot lasts forever. I've had mine for a year and a half, and it has not run out and it still is creamy. I'm so glad it hasn't dried out! I would definitely recommend this. A little expensive, but well worth it!