CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.3

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It was not at all what I expected from an "eyeliner" I'd compare it to a mac paint pot it would make a better base. It's easy to get too much I started with a full container and once I built up non patchy color and put a couple swatches on my hand there was a significant dent in my container which I'm also going to post a photo of. The dry down time is sllllllow and it's not waterproof I smudged it 2 min after I applied it with my med shader brush. First swatch was the residue left over from my horrible attempt at my eye the second is layered and the third is one 2. And I also compared it to a paintpot which is not supposed to be opaque in one swipe. Overall patchy thick goopy slow drying easily transferred, it takes a lot of product I put a significant dent in one use. The color is nice though.

on 11/11/2010 1:16:00 PM

Absolute pants! Goes on nicely but transfers and smudges like castrol gtx.even with primer and powder Awful avoid

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Uhh...this transfers to my lid like no other! I bought this because I ran out of my MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and wanted to try something new. This glides on easy but doesn't have that flat black that I love about fluidlines. You have to reapply this over and over again to get a really black solid line. I have really oily lids and this doesn't stay on with primer/paint pot at all! MAC fluidlines tend to stay on all day for me. This really smudges quickly and fades throughout the day. I end up having to wipe my lids all day because of this stupid liner. I'm so disappointed I can't return it.

I'll continue to use MAC fluidlines.

on 12/24/2009 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Horrible product.. Verry dissapointed since the reviews here were really good and I purchased it without trying first... Gave me racoon eyes only after 2 hours of sitting at work. I don't have oily eyelids and I wear Smashbox lid primer underneath. The only good thing about this eyeliner was easy application and nice rich black color. But who cares if I'm gonna look like an idiot only after a few hours. I applied it to my upper lids and it was all around my undereye area without rubbing. Will return it right away..

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this simply because I have never tried Clinique for make up and felt it was a 'safe' place start for someone who wears winged eyeliner 99% of the time (I have small round eyes, it's corrective make up for them). I really want to love it... But I just don't. I must state I work as waitress, the building is very warm and time is often spent in the heat of the kitchen/steam from glass wear machine. This product does not stay on. It falls under my eyes if I use it in my waterline and onto my lid when I apply it on top of my lid. I don't think it's very black. It's kinda dark grey. It goes on 'scratchy' and appears flaky within an hour. I've tried UD primers, Mac prep+prime, Mac paint pots and just powder underneath. I've tried translucent powder on top! I've also tried atleast 4 different brushes including the one it comes with. It just slides and looks grey and flaky I hate it! When I wear this on an evening and I'm not at work, I do find it lasts a lot longer and the problems aren't as severe but they are nevertheless still the same problems, which I just don't think you should be getting from this name/price. Maybelline gel liner is definitely much better and blacker than this product. I'm still on a mission to find the perfect gel liner but so far this is ranking bottom for me. I'm almost at the end of my pot and it has not redeemed itself and I will not be repurchasing.

on 9/22/2012 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

It didn't last as long as Mac gel eyeliner. I needed an eyeliner that would last for about 8-10 hours since I usually work for that long and do not have any time to reapply my make up or fix any smudges. This gel liner definitely smudge in the inner corner of my eyes and down below my lash line even though I only line on top. The brush it came with is useless. I guess it doesn't work on oily lids. I've tried it with 3 different eye primer and it still smudges (nars, too faced shadow insurance, and urban decay. Guess I'm going back to Mac or possibly try out Bobbi Brown next.

on 6/16/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

OK seriously I dont get why ppl like this...it really isn't truly black and it does not stay put all day....I like my WnW cream liner wayyyy better and it's only $3!!! I'm going back to that..

on 6/1/2011 6:44:00 PM

I'm disappointed by this product. Firstly the brush. I guess for a lot of people this isn't a big deal, judging by the reviews, but I was legitimately ANNOYED when I opened the box and saw the brush! It is COMPLETELY useless. it's so tiny you can barely hold the thing, the brush hairs are way too short and stiff with absolutely no flexibility at all so when you put the brush in the pot it just sticks in the product making big dents in it. it's impossible to "load" the brush and get the product worked into the bristles and impossible to brush it on your skin because the bristles don't move, it's like scraping a damn cocktail stick on your eyelids. fortunately i had other eyeliner brushes that i could use, but it just really annoyed me that they would bother to make this shoddy little brush and include it, especially as the woman who was selling it to me was like "and it includes the brush so you don't need to buy anything extra!!" - some people buying this product might NOT have other eyeliner brushes already so would get home, not be able to use the product properly and have to go out again to buy a brush. i mean it's not the cheapest product ever, so i don't know why they couldn't have made a better brush- you can see just by looking at it just how rubbish it is, so they obviously knew it wouldn't be any good. the maybelline gel eyeliner is like, half the price and they managed to include a GREAT brush so why couldn't clinique? they've obviously marked up the price a bit to reflect the fact that there is a brush included as well, so basically anyone who buys this is paying money for a brush that does not work at all. clinique should not bother putting the brush in if they can't be bothered making one that works with the product and that represents the quality of their products.
ANYWAY enough about the brush. the eyeliner isn't great. when you try to blend it across the lash line the liner that you've put down just... comes off. it transfers like crazy. impossible to smudge. i've never had this problem with cream/gel liners before. this probably sounds like i hate clinique, but actually the opposite is true. i love clinique. i've had/currently have so many of their products. i've used clinique 3 step for years, love clinique mascara, their tinted moisturiser, concealer, PENCIL eyeliner, pressed powder, blusher. i'm just so disappointed by this product because it doesn't match their usual standards.

on 1/2/2010 6:46:00 PM

This is such a disappointment. The cream runs too thin, and it takes several layers to create a true black, and that's impossible to do because when you try to draw over the line with a brush, it smears the line and its just a mess. And it takes forever to dry, so if you try to blink it gets transfered to other parts of my lids. ughh. SO not worth the money. Get blacktrack loreal's hip liner instead.

on 12/16/2008 7:39:00 PM

I really thought this liner was going to be great especially since it had a 5 star review on Clinique's web site but it wasnt. I had did some research on clinique's web site prior to purchase because I was looking for a product that didnt smudge, crease, give me racoon eyes, or was not comfortable for contact lens wearers. All the clinique reviews said it was lasting all day and it didnt smudge etc but that wasnt the case when I used it. I didnt even get around to using it more than once with my contacts on because it literally ran everywhere when I used my contact eye drops.

This was my first time using this type of liner but not my first time in a liquid form. I had a hard time and still do applying it especially with the little brush it came with. I find it easier to do a thicker line than a thin one. It takes practice and sometimes takes quite a bit of time to apply.

I apply the liner and allow it to dry and its very dark which i like a lot. Too bad it doesnt stay that way all day or even for 2 hours.

I was applying this liner at 9am and by 11am I had a crease on my upper lid and lots of smudges underneath my eye. I never apply the liner underneath my eyes only on top by the way. So I thought my eye was too oily so I decreased the amount of moisterizer, foundation, and basically anything I would put on the upper and lower eye lids. It got to the point that I wouldnt have anything on at all and I still had the smudging and mess. I didnt even wear my contacts with this product more than once for fear of ruining the contacts so all my testing was done with no contacts on.

So here I go online and chat with a clinique rep and she says oh you need the eye base and the finishing powder because your eyes are too oily. I then go to the clinique counter and was told the same thing. I spend another $14 for the eye base and another $20 on loose powder and tried again. Well after using the eye base and the powder before applying the liner I still had the problem of smudging, flaking, creasing, and racoon eyes in as little as 2 hours.

So, I have come to the conclusion that this brush on liner is not waterproof, smudgeproof, etc. afterall and the reps want to sell you more stuff to get it to work out for you in turn giving them huge commissions.

I will not purchase this item again along with other ones that didnt work and it has given me a distrust of the clinique name that I have trusted for years up until now. It will be going back for a refund.