Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.3

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

All time favourite liner! I have tried so many cream and liquid liners and pens and my watery/sensitive eyes smudge and crease. This is the first liner I have tried that really stays put. I love it.

It is not a jet black, more of a soft black which I prefer so my lashes are blacker. I also have it in "Black Honey" but the black is my go to. The BH is a rich eggplant with a touch of shimmer and I feel it competes a bit with my eye colour, I think it would be fabulous on green and hazel eyes.

The tiny brush is ok for travel, but it isnt effective for daily use, I always use a regular sized angled or thin liner brush.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this simply because I have never tried Clinique for make up and felt it was a 'safe' place start for someone who wears winged eyeliner 99% of the time (I have small round eyes, it's corrective make up for them). I really want to love it... But I just don't. I must state I work as waitress, the building is very warm and time is often spent in the heat of the kitchen/steam from glass wear machine. This product does not stay on. It falls under my eyes if I use it in my waterline and onto my lid when I apply it on top of my lid. I don't think it's very black. It's kinda dark grey. It goes on 'scratchy' and appears flaky within an hour. I've tried UD primers, Mac prep+prime, Mac paint pots and just powder underneath. I've tried translucent powder on top! I've also tried atleast 4 different brushes including the one it comes with. It just slides and looks grey and flaky I hate it! When I wear this on an evening and I'm not at work, I do find it lasts a lot longer and the problems aren't as severe but they are nevertheless still the same problems, which I just don't think you should be getting from this name/price. Maybelline gel liner is definitely much better and blacker than this product. I'm still on a mission to find the perfect gel liner but so far this is ranking bottom for me. I'm almost at the end of my pot and it has not redeemed itself and I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/24/2015 5:50:00 AM

I don't have much to add to what's already been said. I'm halfway through my second pot after I was able to use the first up completely! It really doesn't dry out till the very very end! I'm not sure how that's even possible. Crazy. I use this daily for tightlining with the LM flat liner brush. It's perfect.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This little guy is my new best friend. I absolutely love this product. I was using Clinique's Wet/Dry liner, but decided to try this one. Discard the brush that comes with it and use a good quality one. I dip the brush in the product, swirl it around on the brush using the inside rim of the jar, and WHOA LA! PERFECTION. I can make dramatic cat eyes or I can apply a thiner more natural effect. The product stays put all day and does NOT irritate my eyes. I have very sensitive eyes, which is why I trust my babies to Clinique. Well done, Clinique!

I've got to say, this is the best gel/cream eyeliner I've tried. I love the Maybelline ones, but they dry out if you don't use them in time. I've had this Clinique pot for probably 5 years and it's nowhere near drying out.
This product is very black, very creamy, and very easy to work with. It also lasts quite well. I always reach for it when going for a gel/cream eyeliner look, and I never regret it. It's sort of a staple, and a pot lasts forever. I will definitely repurchase, if I ever even have to!

Use this every day. super smooth and pigmented. Wasnt sure how i would like this (im a bit picky - look at my other reviews lol) this was my first foray into cream/gel liners as had always used liquid.

Was pleasantly surprised at the ease of it.

I ditched the little brush that came with it as it was clumsy, not stiff enough and made too thick a line for my taste. I went and bought a super super fine brush from an art supply store for 0.99 and it works like a dream. (generally dont recommend these type of brushes for any other products!!! )

this product does not smudge or flake off on me and i have lots of trouble keeping things like eyeshadow on.

Would def purchase again.. but it is lasting me a very long time.

Black gel eyeliner is my #1 make-up staple and this is my HG gel eyeliner. It's very black, applies smoothly, dries quickly(on your eyes, not in the pot!), no smudging, lasts all day. I've had it for about 3 months and it's just as wet as the day I opened it (and I have a tendency to leave it open until I finish both eyes). My only complaint is that when I tried using this to tight-line, it transferred to my contacts. I'll stick to pencils for tight-lining but as far as gel eyeliners go this is a winner for me. Eyeliner isn't something I'm willing to "experiment" with; I want an eyeliner that can look as good at the end of the day as it did when I put it on that morning.. This does just that, at a lower price than many other department store/high-end make up brands. (I use a hard angled brush with it)

I've had mine for three years and its still nice and creamy. Excellent quality: pitch black and creamy and it dries quickly and doesn't budge. The brush that comes with it is a little on the thick side (for me) but I'm using a slightly finer, slanted one for easier application. It would be great if Clinique could supply a dual-ended brush with 2 different thicknesses. Very dramatic look, so I reserve it for big nights out. I can't see myself finishing it any time soon!

on 5/8/2013 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I honestly didnít know gel or cream liner could be this magnificent. I wear winged liner every day and have always just bought the gel/cream liner from the drugstore because I thought why pay more for basically the same thing. Iíve tried LíOrealís, Maybelline, Wet n Wild, Elf, Physicianís Formula and a few other drugstore liners in the little pots. Some have been horrible and others were good and I assumed they were as good as it gets. I thought it was normal for a cream liner to work great for about a month before it would start to dry out and become difficult to apply and flake all over my face throughout the day. Iíve never been able to hit ďpanĒ or completely use up any of my drugstore liners because they just become far too hard to work with. Then a few months ago I was at my local Clinique counter and decided to try their cream liner for the heck of it. Let me tell you, this stuff applies like nothing I have ever used; it is so soft and smooth, like butter. This liner applies so easily that itís saving me time in the morning because I donít have to struggle with applying dry, pasty liner. The best part is that the consistency of this liner is exactly the same as it was the day I opened it; it is showing absolutely no signs of drying out. I have the black color and it is a true deep black; dries to a matte finish and I only need to go over the line once to get a solid black line. This liner cost me $16 which is only about $5 more than the drugstore brand I was using and in the long run the Clinique liner will be cheaper since itís not drying out and becoming unusable. I will definitely be getting my moneyís worth on this liner.

on 4/24/2013 2:51:00 PM

Without a primer, the eyeliner is dark and glides on very smoothly without tugging but after a few hours, it starts to smudge and after half a day I end up looking quite raccoon like. With primer, it tends to stay pretty much all day with minimal smudging. The eyeliner also comes with a mini brush, which is decent considering brushes that come with makeup are usually pretty terrible and it's perfect for applying eyeshadow or eyeliner for the lower lash line.
Overall, I would prefer this eyeliner over the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (which also smudged on me), just because it's cheaper and you get more product.