CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by skin type : Dry
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.4

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

I love this liner! It goes on smooth, it says put, and it never dries out in the pot. It is my fave.

on 12/17/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My favorite gel eyeliner to date (or cream, as it calls it, though I consider it a gel). I haven't used any high end gel eyeliners, or MACs, but I can compare it to some drugstore brands- Maybelliene's and Wet n Wild's. Both of those eyeliners are decent, but this Clinique one beats them both by a long shot.
The consistency is easy to work with, I use a very thin straight eyeliner brush (not the one it came with), and I am able to apply the liner smoothly and evenly. It lasts ALL DAY. Even without a primer. This is not something I can say of very many eye products. The color is a true black. I have had it for a month or so and it has not dried out at all, and I even left the lid off a few times (accidentally). I don't think it's very expensive, I find Clinique's prices reasonable, and in my opinion its worth shelling out the extra cash and getting this over a drugstore product. Would definitely repurchase.

on 11/26/2011 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first venture into pot liner. I also considered Bobbi Brown and Shu Uemura but for the price I figured you can't go wrong! This is a great product -long lasting and great texture. Sure, the included brush isn't great - but I never exactly rely on the cheap applicators included in palettes and the like. Any fine brush will do I'm sure but I love Shu Uemura's 2r.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good liner, especially for the price, which isn't much higher than drugstore brands. Here's why:

1)You get a ton of product in the pot. I've been using it almost everyday for a couple months and I don't think I've used even 1/8 of it.

2) I don't quite understand people who are obsessed with finding the blackest most blackety black that ever existed. But for what it's worth, this eyeliner is very black (not grey/brown/whatever) and can create a very dark and dramatic look.

3) It's very easy to work with to achieve different looks. I just said it was very dark and dramatic, but it gives you some time to work with it before it sets, so if you want, you can smudge it out to create a softer look. Cream/gel liners are great in this respect because you can have the precision and intensity of a liquid liner as well as the forgiveness of a pencil liner in the same product.

4) The problem with a lot of cream/gel liners is that they dry out before you've had a chance to use most of it. Not this one. It's been quite a while and it hasn't shown any signs of drying. It's just as easy to use as it was when I first opened it.

Unfortunately there is a (slight) con: the staying power isn't the most amazing. Will it stay on your eye for a long time? Yes. But... Is it waterproof? Not really. Water resistant is a good word. Water won't make it run all over your face, but it will make it flake off and stuff, so don't wear this liner to the beach or anything. Is it smudge proof? Not really. It doesn't transfer all over the place, but it does transfer a little. Now, I'm not even sure how this happens, but this liner tends to transfer from my top lash line to the area under my bottom lash line. I sometimes wear this alone, so I know it's not any other product like my mascara, and I know the mechanics of it don't make any sense, but this is what I see happening on my face. It's an easily solveable problem for me (swipe of a fingertip under the eye... I don't even need a mirror) and not much of a concern, but I normally don't have to worry about transferring because my eyelids are the opposite of oily and are very good to me. If you often worry about smudging, you might run into some problems.

Recap: This liner is very black, versatile, easy to work with, and you'll get a lot of mileage out of it without feeling it in your wallet. But, it might smudge and don't get it wet. All in all, it's a good buy and I'd recommend it.

on 5/2/2011 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

TOP LID: Doesn't smudge, stays put!
BOTTOM LID: Smudges, esp on the water line, but every eyeliner smudges for me on the bottom, even waterproof ones.
REPURCHASE: Um, not too sure. This my second eyeliner in a pot, 1st being Laneige which SUCKED. My quest for an eyeliner that doesn’t smudge under my eyes continues ]=
RATING: 3.5, but I bumped it to 4 lippies :D
FINISH: On plain, un-eyeshadowed lids, I have to go over the line twice as it doesn't really go on mosturized lids very well
PACKAGING: It comes with a crappy small little brush. I bought a Missha eyeliner brush instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After vehemently trying every eye-liner under under the sun on my waterline, this is the only one that doesn't budge. It's reasonably priced, in a pot so you have the opportunity to use every last bit of product, and easy to throw in your make-up bag. The eye-liner does run a tad on the corner of my upper lashline, but that's nothing concealer won't fix. The brush is pointless, so I use a 208 brush from MAC to get a precise line. It comes in a myriad of brown shades and one black, but I recommend starting with black and working your way around the color chart (like I'm currently doing). Hopefully Clinique will come out with more eccentric colors (blue, purple, etc.), but for the mean time I'm a very satisfied customer.

on 9/17/2010 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I checked that I would buy this product again but there is so much in the little jar that I can't imagine ever using it up.

This is my first foray into cream liners. I've always used pencils (thin or fat) because I feel I have more control and most pencil liners are smudge-able so I can get a less harsh line - I'm not big on that thin, hard line that most liquid liners seem to produce. So, I'm still learning to work with this form of liner and so far, so good. The formula makes it possible to get a distinct but not harsh, hard line and I also like the fact that if I work quickly, I can also smudge this out for an even softer, more diffused effect. The little brush seems well designed for this - for either a sharp, precise line or a more blurry one. However, the brush is so ridiculously tiny that it's only a matter of time til I lose it or drop it down the sink drain or some such...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love the way True Black brings out the green in my eyes! Because I'm super pale, I can't wear a lot of eyeliner in the daytime. Dark pencil liners or obvious applications of eye liner makes me look tired and pale, but going without real liner definition makes my eyes look boring. So what I do is blend in a bit of deep-colored powder eye shadow (using a fine brush) into my upper and lower lashlines to give my eyes soft definition, then work a very small amount of this cream liner tightly into the roots of my upper lashes. This way, it doesn't look like "eye liner" but that my lashes are very dark at the roots. Doing this, my hazel eyes absolutely sparkle!
I also love this cream liner because once I put it on, it lasts all day long. Everything else may start to fade but my liner is there until I wash it off. Love it!! continued >>

I love love love this liner. It goes on smooth and easily and stays in place all day. The brush that comes with it is pretty useless, I use a Sonia Kashuk angles brush to apply. This liner gives me exactly what I want from it; a precise black line. It simply doesn't budge on me; at the end of the day it's still on exactly where I put it and just as jet black. A little goes a long way and I've had the pot for over a year and it shows no signs of drying out.

on 12/18/2008 6:55:00 AM

After trying Mac fluidline i decided to invest in a clinque cream liner in true black with most of the positive reviews. You get much more product from this product than from a mac fluidline, which i was actually suprised. The cream liner is 5g and the mac fluidline is 3g or 4g i think, the price is reasonable for the amount you get for a high branded product. What i liked about this product is that it comes with a small applicator brush which eases the use of using the liner and you don't have to buy a liner brush if you don't have one already. Because of its creamy texture it does not dry quickly and i don't have to dip my brush in the pot more than once to do one eye. Another thing is that it lasts for so long throughout most of the day so you don't have to keep reapplying it. Overall i'm glad i got this product.