Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

3.6

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 5/9/2008 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like the packaging typical Clinique pakaging. Price is very cheap and affordable but as for staying power...IT SUCKS smears like hell i look like the crow.... gross BUT what I will say is that it does go on very smooth before it smears. Maybe I am inpatient but as a person on the go i need my eyeliner in place and ready to go. I feel like with this eyeliner I need to give time for the gel to dry up on my lids. Sorry but i don't have time for that

on 1/21/2008 11:59:00 PM

Fortunately I received this cream liner in a swap. To begin I currently use MAC fluid-lines and BB Gel liners, and I thought Clinique's brush-on Cream liner in True Black would work as well, but it did not :(

The pros of this cream liner is that it is really moist compared to the other pot liners I have used. Unlike MAC's and BB which tend to dry out before I can use the whole pot, everytime I opened Clinique's liner it stayed moist which was easier for me to dab my brush in it lightly to get any product. Also, it seems like you do get alot of product in this pot. Not sure how much it cost, but I beleive it's under $20, so IMO you do get your $$ worth.

It applies to the eye like "butta", really smooth consistency and highly pigmented. I found it easy to blend as it didn't "set" right away, perhaps that's because it is moist. It does live up to it's name ~ True Black, but what I was expecting it to do was to stay-put all day, not budge/ smudge. Unfortunately, it did not perform those tasks :(

That is truly the only con about this cream liner. I applied it like I would my other pot liners, and by the afternoon it smudged where I lined my lower lash line. Thank-goodness I was at home when I noticed the "smudge", as I can't tell you how embarrassing it would have been if I were in public as I rarely check my m/u throughout the day.

So to sum up my review, I give Clinique's brush on cream liner ~ True Black 2 lippies instead of 5 because it does smudge/ budge. I'll stick to MAC and BB as I can confidently apply them in the morning, and not have to check my face as I know they stay put!

I think that this is great for the daytime becuase it's not super pigmented. To wear this for a night look you would definitely have to build the color. Very smooth and easily applied though. I really like it but like I said, it's not a super dark black so if you're looking for that, look elsewhere.

on 8/13/2008 1:12:00 AM

I have very high hopes for this product. I spent the longest time debating should I get the Clinique Creme Eyeliner or the Mac Fluidline. I finally came decided on Clinique because it first comes with a little brush, so even if I decide if eyeliner creme/gel is not for me, I wouldn't have an eyeliner brush extra. By the way, even though a lot of people say the little brush is useless, I found it useable. Maybe because I never used an eyeliner brush, but I drew my lines with that tiny brush.

One of the important factor I look into my eyeliner is waterproof and smudge proof. I've realized that this product is not so smudge proof. After an hour or two, I tried to rub my eyes, and the black came right off. A lot of the color was still there, but grey smudges were dragged out with my finger.

I would still repurchase this product (maybe try the fluidline next time) because it didn't smudge as much as my eyeliner crayon.

The black wasn't too black for me, it gave me a very defiine look. Love this product minus the smudging part.

on 5/18/2008 12:10:00 AM

This product was okay overall. I've tried soo many different eyeliners -- my biggest make up problem! The brush-on cream liner comes in a small box and includes a tiny brush (which I didn't think was too bad, just too small to manage). I take some of the product and dab some of it off into the cap of the liner, so I'm not applying as much to my eye -- too harsh looking. I've had many problems with staying power with eyeliner. This one has fairly good staying power. I still find myself about 3-4 hours after application looking into a mirror and wiping some smudges off. Towards the end of the day, it has smeared a bit more, but I guess that's true for all eyeliners. Overall, I would purchase this again.

If anyone knows of a good eyeliner that will stay on the lower lash line through humidity and oil, please let me know!!!

on 8/19/2013 10:49:00 PM

My cousin got this for me for Christmas a few years ago, and I actually didn't start using it until recently. Even after sitting in the pot for a few years, this liner still works extremely well.

I really like this cream liner- I use the Sephora Pro Bent Liner Brush #23 for this. Originally I used the Sephora Pointed Liner Brush #17, but I find the bent brush works better for me, and it's easier to apply and make a wing at the end.

This stays on me all freakin' day. I love it. I never even have to check in the mirror to see if it smudges, because it honestly never does, and I have really watery eyes.

on 11/5/2007 4:49:00 PM

Awesome product, and quite possibly HG material. I much prefer this to MAC Fluidline, and the color is an intense, deep black. Not charcoal, like Blacktrack, but the blackest black I've ever seen in an eyeliner. I have black lashes so it doesn't look super dramatic on me, but people with medium or light lashes might have trouble pulling this off! The consistency is like a slightly runny gel -- way easier to work with than the paste-like consistency of the Fluidlines, because I can push the gel in between my lashes, which I couldn't do with the Fluidline. I'll update if I have any other thoughts, but for now, I'm very impressed with this product!