Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.4

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 8/24/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This just doesn't last. It transfers like crazy (even using my HG primer underneath) and smudges all over my lids. I've had it for about four months and so far it hadn't dried in the pot, and every single time I try to wear it, I magically become a raccoon 2 hours after leaving the house. It has such great reviews, I'm very disappointed :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It was not at all what I expected from an "eyeliner" I'd compare it to a mac paint pot it would make a better base. It's easy to get too much I started with a full container and once I built up non patchy color and put a couple swatches on my hand there was a significant dent in my container which I'm also going to post a photo of. The dry down time is sllllllow and it's not waterproof I smudged it 2 min after I applied it with my med shader brush. First swatch was the residue left over from my horrible attempt at my eye the second is layered and the third is one 2. And I also compared it to a paintpot which is not supposed to be opaque in one swipe. Overall patchy thick goopy slow drying easily transferred, it takes a lot of product I put a significant dent in one use. The color is nice though.

on 11/11/2010 1:16:00 PM

Absolute pants! Goes on nicely but transfers and smudges like castrol gtx.even with primer and powder Awful avoid

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Uhh...this transfers to my lid like no other! I bought this because I ran out of my MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and wanted to try something new. This glides on easy but doesn't have that flat black that I love about fluidlines. You have to reapply this over and over again to get a really black solid line. I have really oily lids and this doesn't stay on with primer/paint pot at all! MAC fluidlines tend to stay on all day for me. This really smudges quickly and fades throughout the day. I end up having to wipe my lids all day because of this stupid liner. I'm so disappointed I can't return it.

I'll continue to use MAC fluidlines.

on 12/24/2009 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Horrible product.. Verry dissapointed since the reviews here were really good and I purchased it without trying first... Gave me racoon eyes only after 2 hours of sitting at work. I don't have oily eyelids and I wear Smashbox lid primer underneath. The only good thing about this eyeliner was easy application and nice rich black color. But who cares if I'm gonna look like an idiot only after a few hours. I applied it to my upper lids and it was all around my undereye area without rubbing. Will return it right away..

on 1/5/2009 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely HATED this product. I am very experienced at eyeliner application (as I have many years of practice!) and this eyeliner was not good at all. It smudged after a few hours of wear! I ended up with racoon eyes.. I will usually end up rubbing my eyes at some point during the day, and trust me it will rub off and you will look gross. I have long hours of school and work days, so I need eyeliner that I know will stay put! BTW I used this on the upper and lower lashline and it smudged on both (the waterline smudged right away..)

EDIT: I also used UDPP underneath to see if it would last longer, and it still didn't work!

on 5/9/2008 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like the packaging typical Clinique pakaging. Price is very cheap and affordable but as for staying power...IT SUCKS smears like hell i look like the crow.... gross BUT what I will say is that it does go on very smooth before it smears. Maybe I am inpatient but as a person on the go i need my eyeliner in place and ready to go. I feel like with this eyeliner I need to give time for the gel to dry up on my lids. Sorry but i don't have time for that

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't understand, I have both the black honey and true black. The black honey is great! It doesn't smudge on me, but I don't like it's shimmery and brown (not the product itself, just personal preference) I like the natural look, very slight eyeliner to make the eyes appear more vivid and alive. So I like the black one, but for some reason, the one in true black smudges on me like crazy, I walk around with racoon eyes! (ew, no thanks!)

The consistency is different though for black honey and true black - black honey is more stiff, while true black is more creamy, perhaps the reason why it smudges. Too bad.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this simply because I have never tried Clinique for make up and felt it was a 'safe' place start for someone who wears winged eyeliner 99% of the time (I have small round eyes, it's corrective make up for them). I really want to love it... But I just don't. I must state I work as waitress, the building is very warm and time is often spent in the heat of the kitchen/steam from glass wear machine. This product does not stay on. It falls under my eyes if I use it in my waterline and onto my lid when I apply it on top of my lid. I don't think it's very black. It's kinda dark grey. It goes on 'scratchy' and appears flaky within an hour. I've tried UD primers, Mac prep+prime, Mac paint pots and just powder underneath. I've tried translucent powder on top! I've also tried atleast 4 different brushes including the one it comes with. It just slides and looks grey and flaky I hate it! When I wear this on an evening and I'm not at work, I do find it lasts a lot longer and the problems aren't as severe but they are nevertheless still the same problems, which I just don't think you should be getting from this name/price. Maybelline gel liner is definitely much better and blacker than this product. I'm still on a mission to find the perfect gel liner but so far this is ranking bottom for me. I'm almost at the end of my pot and it has not redeemed itself and I will not be repurchasing.

on 9/22/2012 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

It didn't last as long as Mac gel eyeliner. I needed an eyeliner that would last for about 8-10 hours since I usually work for that long and do not have any time to reapply my make up or fix any smudges. This gel liner definitely smudge in the inner corner of my eyes and down below my lash line even though I only line on top. The brush it came with is useless. I guess it doesn't work on oily lids. I've tried it with 3 different eye primer and it still smudges (nars, too faced shadow insurance, and urban decay. Guess I'm going back to Mac or possibly try out Bobbi Brown next.