Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.4

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 7/24/2017 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this eyeliner. I particularly bought this because I was looking for an eyeliner that was very black. This eyeliner is truly black, the blackest black I have seen. Many people don't like how dark/black this cream liner is, but it really works for me. I have tan skin, black eyes, thick eyebrows, so this eyeliner color is perfect for me to help create a strong contrast with my strong features. It really helps my eyes pop. Before, I had the bobbi brown gel eyeliner in black ink and clinique true black is blacker than that. It lasts me long too and it doesn't smudge on me. I like how it is easy to work with since the texture is very smooth and consistent. It is really easy to make cat eyes. You don't have to apply a lot of pressure since it glides on so easily and quickly since it is a cream eyeliner and not a thick gel eyeliner like Bobbi Brown. I think the brush is okay, not the best. I would buy my own brush separately and use it with this liner. For the price of $16, this cream eyeliner is a very good deal. I'm definitely going to purchase again when I run out.

on 5/9/2016 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've purchased this four, maybe five times in the last two or three years. It is by far the BEST cream/gel liner I've ever used. Previously I used Tarte's Amazonian Clay liner and tried Maybelline but this beats them both. The brush kind of sucks, I there it out and use an inexpensive Japonesque liner brush. It is SO black and stays on through crying, allergy season, naps, everything! It applies so smoothly too! For just $16 I think this is an amazing deal.

All time favourite liner! I have tried so many cream and liquid liners and pens and my watery/sensitive eyes smudge and crease. This is the first liner I have tried that really stays put. I love it.

It is not a jet black, more of a soft black which I prefer so my lashes are blacker. I also have it in "Black Honey" but the black is my go to. The BH is a rich eggplant with a touch of shimmer and I feel it competes a bit with my eye colour, I think it would be fabulous on green and hazel eyes.

The tiny brush is ok for travel, but it isnt effective for daily use, I always use a regular sized angled or thin liner brush.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this simply because I have never tried Clinique for make up and felt it was a 'safe' place start for someone who wears winged eyeliner 99% of the time (I have small round eyes, it's corrective make up for them). I really want to love it... But I just don't. I must state I work as waitress, the building is very warm and time is often spent in the heat of the kitchen/steam from glass wear machine. This product does not stay on. It falls under my eyes if I use it in my waterline and onto my lid when I apply it on top of my lid. I don't think it's very black. It's kinda dark grey. It goes on 'scratchy' and appears flaky within an hour. I've tried UD primers, Mac prep+prime, Mac paint pots and just powder underneath. I've tried translucent powder on top! I've also tried atleast 4 different brushes including the one it comes with. It just slides and looks grey and flaky I hate it! When I wear this on an evening and I'm not at work, I do find it lasts a lot longer and the problems aren't as severe but they are nevertheless still the same problems, which I just don't think you should be getting from this name/price. Maybelline gel liner is definitely much better and blacker than this product. I'm still on a mission to find the perfect gel liner but so far this is ranking bottom for me. I'm almost at the end of my pot and it has not redeemed itself and I will not be repurchasing.

on 11/13/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go to liner for several years! I have tried many others, drug store, MAC, Stila pen etc. and this one is still my fav! Having sensitive eyes I am happy this does not irritate them at all.

I typically wear a dramatic cat eye daily and this really stays put and is correctable when applying with a makeup wipe, I have never had a jar dry out on me and I go through about 3 pots a year. Price is definitely reasonable for this product. Very pigmented! Not a glossy black, but a matte black.

The brush included, however, is trash. Well, wait, not trash, I use it to clean up my manicure or for nail art etc. but as far as for actual eyeliner application, no! I use my MAC 210. I do have to clean my brush after each use though because the dried product will build on the brush.

on 6/24/2015 5:50:00 AM

I don't have much to add to what's already been said. I'm halfway through my second pot after I was able to use the first up completely! It really doesn't dry out till the very very end! I'm not sure how that's even possible. Crazy. I use this daily for tightlining with the LM flat liner brush. It's perfect.

on 4/12/2015 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

MAYBE but most likely I would buy this again, this is my 2nd cream/gel liner type eyeliner that I bought. The other one I tried was Loreal's. My thoughts on this:

PROS:Color A deep matte-ish black that brushes on true to color with very little streaks or patches.

Consistency- This is not a gel, this is a cream! And it's so soft and non irritating too. This NEVER dries out, I have even left it open overnight and all day and it was still like new. I cant say that for the Loreals that dried up very quickly.

Application- Very easy to make cat eyes, mini flicks, dramatic, or subtle.

Wear&Removal- Doesn't smear everywhere or flake even with the tears. I wear contacts and sometimes I need to refresh my lenses with drops and my eyeliner is still intact. Removes easily with an eye makeup remover. More or less waterproof-ish.

Price- More expensive than Loreal, but cheaper than BobbiBrown and MAC. Not bad!

CONS: Wear Time- It doesn't flake off but it slowly fades throughout the day.

Application- You NEED a decent brush to make this work. Sometimes application can be a bit chunky as its very creamy and lots of product gets on the brush. I have to wipe the brush on the sides of the pot to make sure I dont have too much. I think this takes more patience to use compared to a pencil eyeliner or a pen.

Finish- This is a personal preference, but I would like to have a more shiny lacquer black eyeliner rather than matte and I thought this would be it but it wasn't.

Besides the cons, this is a really good cream eyeliner. I dont use this everyday but often. I bought this almost a YEAR ago and it's still creamy and applies like new.

on 1/10/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is a little on the pricier side, but totally worth it. Thought I didn't like cream liners until I tried this one. The pigmentation is great and the consistency is like butter. Application is super easy, even for those of us who suck at eyeliner application. I got this as a gift but I will be repurchasing as soon as I run out. Probably my HG cream liner product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This little guy is my new best friend. I absolutely love this product. I was using Clinique's Wet/Dry liner, but decided to try this one. Discard the brush that comes with it and use a good quality one. I dip the brush in the product, swirl it around on the brush using the inside rim of the jar, and WHOA LA! PERFECTION. I can make dramatic cat eyes or I can apply a thiner more natural effect. The product stays put all day and does NOT irritate my eyes. I have very sensitive eyes, which is why I trust my babies to Clinique. Well done, Clinique!

I've got to say, this is the best gel/cream eyeliner I've tried. I love the Maybelline ones, but they dry out if you don't use them in time. I've had this Clinique pot for probably 5 years and it's nowhere near drying out.
This product is very black, very creamy, and very easy to work with. It also lasts quite well. I always reach for it when going for a gel/cream eyeliner look, and I never regret it. It's sort of a staple, and a pot lasts forever. I will definitely repurchase, if I ever even have to!