CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by age: 36-43
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.1

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 11/13/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go to liner for several years! I have tried many others, drug store, MAC, Stila pen etc. and this one is still my fav! Having sensitive eyes I am happy this does not irritate them at all.

I typically wear a dramatic cat eye daily and this really stays put and is correctable when applying with a makeup wipe, I have never had a jar dry out on me and I go through about 3 pots a year. Price is definitely reasonable for this product. Very pigmented! Not a glossy black, but a matte black.

The brush included, however, is trash. Well, wait, not trash, I use it to clean up my manicure or for nail art etc. but as far as for actual eyeliner application, no! I use my MAC 210. I do have to clean my brush after each use though because the dried product will build on the brush.

on 6/24/2015 5:50:00 AM

I don't have much to add to what's already been said. I'm halfway through my second pot after I was able to use the first up completely! It really doesn't dry out till the very very end! I'm not sure how that's even possible. Crazy. I use this daily for tightlining with the LM flat liner brush. It's perfect.

I've had mine for three years and its still nice and creamy. Excellent quality: pitch black and creamy and it dries quickly and doesn't budge. The brush that comes with it is a little on the thick side (for me) but I'm using a slightly finer, slanted one for easier application. It would be great if Clinique could supply a dual-ended brush with 2 different thicknesses. Very dramatic look, so I reserve it for big nights out. I can't see myself finishing it any time soon!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is not a bad eyeliner. The SA told me that it wouldn't fade off - she tried it on my hand and that baby wouldn't budge! She also said it could be used on the waterline. I'm not sure about that though. Anyway, here are my observations:

- It's a bit clumpy and dries easily which can make it difficult to apply. I actually prefer more liquid liners such as the Laura Mercier one which is a powder cake that you have to wet, though that one has other problems. I've reviewed that as well.

- The brush is useless, don't even bother. For one thing, it's too short.

- Now, as far as lasting effect is concerned, it didn't last as long as it did on my hand, probably because my eyelids are super greasy. And when it starts smudging, it looks horrific because it's quite heavily pigmented.

If you don't have oily lids and can keep your fingers off your eyes, it's not a bad product and will last forever. It's good for thick lines and dramatic looks. I now use it to intensify my pencil eyeliner for a deeper and longer-lasting line.

on 1/21/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Great product. IMO, it is Better than Bobbi Brown gel liner. It is so smooth and easy to apply. It smudges a bit at the end of workday on my oily lids but I still love it. Black color is true as stated.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had this cream liner for several months and it's just as creamy and smooth as the day I opened it. Man, my eyes are crazy sensitive. I react badly to everything - MAC liners, UD liners, Wet n Wild, Milani, Loreal, Prestige, NYX. I even had my eyes swell up and peel after using TFSI and UDPP. Then I found this. It's a smooth, very creamy true black that dries to a semi-matte finish. I use it to tightline and it doesn't move. It doesn't smear or fade or flake or transfer. Best of all, I can't even feel it. No itching, no stinging, no watery eyes. And no swelling and peeling. It comes off easily with any cleanser/wipe/oil I've used. It also doesn't have any odd undertones, it's black. Not gray-black, red-black, green-black. Just black. I'll absolutely buy this again. HG.

on 11/11/2010 1:16:00 PM

Absolute pants! Goes on nicely but transfers and smudges like castrol gtx.even with primer and powder Awful avoid

on 12/24/2009 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Horrible product.. Verry dissapointed since the reviews here were really good and I purchased it without trying first... Gave me racoon eyes only after 2 hours of sitting at work. I don't have oily eyelids and I wear Smashbox lid primer underneath. The only good thing about this eyeliner was easy application and nice rich black color. But who cares if I'm gonna look like an idiot only after a few hours. I applied it to my upper lids and it was all around my undereye area without rubbing. Will return it right away..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love the way True Black brings out the green in my eyes! Because I'm super pale, I can't wear a lot of eyeliner in the daytime. Dark pencil liners or obvious applications of eye liner makes me look tired and pale, but going without real liner definition makes my eyes look boring. So what I do is blend in a bit of deep-colored powder eye shadow (using a fine brush) into my upper and lower lashlines to give my eyes soft definition, then work a very small amount of this cream liner tightly into the roots of my upper lashes. This way, it doesn't look like "eye liner" but that my lashes are very dark at the roots. Doing this, my hazel eyes absolutely sparkle!
I also love this cream liner because once I put it on, it lasts all day long. Everything else may start to fade but my liner is there until I wash it off. Love it!! continued >>

on 2/10/2009 10:56:00 AM

This is the best black pot liner I have used. It is the most solid, saturated, pigmented black of the gel/cream liners I have used which include Bobbi Brown Black Ink, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline and the old MAC Cream liner. Smooth, easy to apply, stays on all day. Can make a sharp line or a nice smudgey line -- whatever you need or want. Stays on the waterline also. I bought this at the CCO for $8.75 but it is definitely worth paying full price for. A total bargain.