Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by age: 19-24
Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.3

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 8/24/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This just doesn't last. It transfers like crazy (even using my HG primer underneath) and smudges all over my lids. I've had it for about four months and so far it hadn't dried in the pot, and every single time I try to wear it, I magically become a raccoon 2 hours after leaving the house. It has such great reviews, I'm very disappointed :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It was not at all what I expected from an "eyeliner" I'd compare it to a mac paint pot it would make a better base. It's easy to get too much I started with a full container and once I built up non patchy color and put a couple swatches on my hand there was a significant dent in my container which I'm also going to post a photo of. The dry down time is sllllllow and it's not waterproof I smudged it 2 min after I applied it with my med shader brush. First swatch was the residue left over from my horrible attempt at my eye the second is layered and the third is one 2. And I also compared it to a paintpot which is not supposed to be opaque in one swipe. Overall patchy thick goopy slow drying easily transferred, it takes a lot of product I put a significant dent in one use. The color is nice though.

on 1/5/2009 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely HATED this product. I am very experienced at eyeliner application (as I have many years of practice!) and this eyeliner was not good at all. It smudged after a few hours of wear! I ended up with racoon eyes.. I will usually end up rubbing my eyes at some point during the day, and trust me it will rub off and you will look gross. I have long hours of school and work days, so I need eyeliner that I know will stay put! BTW I used this on the upper and lower lashline and it smudged on both (the waterline smudged right away..)

EDIT: I also used UDPP underneath to see if it would last longer, and it still didn't work!

on 5/9/2008 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like the packaging typical Clinique pakaging. Price is very cheap and affordable but as for staying power...IT SUCKS smears like hell i look like the crow.... gross BUT what I will say is that it does go on very smooth before it smears. Maybe I am inpatient but as a person on the go i need my eyeliner in place and ready to go. I feel like with this eyeliner I need to give time for the gel to dry up on my lids. Sorry but i don't have time for that

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't understand, I have both the black honey and true black. The black honey is great! It doesn't smudge on me, but I don't like it's shimmery and brown (not the product itself, just personal preference) I like the natural look, very slight eyeliner to make the eyes appear more vivid and alive. So I like the black one, but for some reason, the one in true black smudges on me like crazy, I walk around with racoon eyes! (ew, no thanks!)

The consistency is different though for black honey and true black - black honey is more stiff, while true black is more creamy, perhaps the reason why it smudges. Too bad.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this simply because I have never tried Clinique for make up and felt it was a 'safe' place start for someone who wears winged eyeliner 99% of the time (I have small round eyes, it's corrective make up for them). I really want to love it... But I just don't. I must state I work as waitress, the building is very warm and time is often spent in the heat of the kitchen/steam from glass wear machine. This product does not stay on. It falls under my eyes if I use it in my waterline and onto my lid when I apply it on top of my lid. I don't think it's very black. It's kinda dark grey. It goes on 'scratchy' and appears flaky within an hour. I've tried UD primers, Mac prep+prime, Mac paint pots and just powder underneath. I've tried translucent powder on top! I've also tried atleast 4 different brushes including the one it comes with. It just slides and looks grey and flaky I hate it! When I wear this on an evening and I'm not at work, I do find it lasts a lot longer and the problems aren't as severe but they are nevertheless still the same problems, which I just don't think you should be getting from this name/price. Maybelline gel liner is definitely much better and blacker than this product. I'm still on a mission to find the perfect gel liner but so far this is ranking bottom for me. I'm almost at the end of my pot and it has not redeemed itself and I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/1/2011 6:44:00 PM

I'm disappointed by this product. Firstly the brush. I guess for a lot of people this isn't a big deal, judging by the reviews, but I was legitimately ANNOYED when I opened the box and saw the brush! It is COMPLETELY useless. it's so tiny you can barely hold the thing, the brush hairs are way too short and stiff with absolutely no flexibility at all so when you put the brush in the pot it just sticks in the product making big dents in it. it's impossible to "load" the brush and get the product worked into the bristles and impossible to brush it on your skin because the bristles don't move, it's like scraping a damn cocktail stick on your eyelids. fortunately i had other eyeliner brushes that i could use, but it just really annoyed me that they would bother to make this shoddy little brush and include it, especially as the woman who was selling it to me was like "and it includes the brush so you don't need to buy anything extra!!" - some people buying this product might NOT have other eyeliner brushes already so would get home, not be able to use the product properly and have to go out again to buy a brush. i mean it's not the cheapest product ever, so i don't know why they couldn't have made a better brush- you can see just by looking at it just how rubbish it is, so they obviously knew it wouldn't be any good. the maybelline gel eyeliner is like, half the price and they managed to include a GREAT brush so why couldn't clinique? they've obviously marked up the price a bit to reflect the fact that there is a brush included as well, so basically anyone who buys this is paying money for a brush that does not work at all. clinique should not bother putting the brush in if they can't be bothered making one that works with the product and that represents the quality of their products.
ANYWAY enough about the brush. the eyeliner isn't great. when you try to blend it across the lash line the liner that you've put down just... comes off. it transfers like crazy. impossible to smudge. i've never had this problem with cream/gel liners before. this probably sounds like i hate clinique, but actually the opposite is true. i love clinique. i've had/currently have so many of their products. i've used clinique 3 step for years, love clinique mascara, their tinted moisturiser, concealer, PENCIL eyeliner, pressed powder, blusher. i'm just so disappointed by this product because it doesn't match their usual standards.

on 1/2/2010 6:46:00 PM

This is such a disappointment. The cream runs too thin, and it takes several layers to create a true black, and that's impossible to do because when you try to draw over the line with a brush, it smears the line and its just a mess. And it takes forever to dry, so if you try to blink it gets transfered to other parts of my lids. ughh. SO not worth the money. Get blacktrack loreal's hip liner instead.

on 10/2/2008 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i bought this a few months ago and have only used it a few times. after a few hours of wear it flaked off alot into my eyes, which was kind of painful. it looks nice at first though. i like to pot that it comes in and you get alot for the money.

on 4/24/2013 2:51:00 PM

Without a primer, the eyeliner is dark and glides on very smoothly without tugging but after a few hours, it starts to smudge and after half a day I end up looking quite raccoon like. With primer, it tends to stay pretty much all day with minimal smudging. The eyeliner also comes with a mini brush, which is decent considering brushes that come with makeup are usually pretty terrible and it's perfect for applying eyeshadow or eyeliner for the lower lash line.
Overall, I would prefer this eyeliner over the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (which also smudged on me), just because it's cheaper and you get more product.