Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.4

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 6/7/2012 9:15:00 PM

I got this years ago and although its a little stiff it's still going strong. It comes with a tiny brush - a nice gesture. But this applies way better with an actual liner brush. The formula is creamy and very pigmented. I find this easy to apply whether it be a thick winged look or a bit of definition for an everyday look. The best part about this product is that it is budge-proof! It won't smudge or melt away. It beats quite a few "waterproof" gel liners for staying power, even though I don't think it claims to be waterproof. I like the packaging for this product. Just a simple pot with a screw on lid. I will easily be able to use up the last little bit.
Summary: great staying power, very pigmented
There is nothing I don't like about this. This is worth the few extra bucks. Definitely repurchase!

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i love this stuff. especially for winged eyeliner.
it stays forever and the true black color is so dark you don't even need to build it. the consistency is so smooth and easy to work with. i think it works best (in my opinion) with an angled eyeliner brush. all in all when i run out i will certainly repurchase but that probably won't be anytime soon because i'm only using this for special events (high school budget)

on 1/25/2012 10:59:00 PM

This is the gel liner I keep coming back to. I have used MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack and Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and this consistently performs the best. I find the Fluidline gets dry too quickly and the Bobbi Brown does not last on the lid. The Clinique doesn't have these issues. I find this formula is a bit more "watery" than others, but it makes application smoother and keeps product soft longer and does not sacrifice lasting power.

I can't really find anything wrong with this, so I will keep buying. I love using this for the cat-eye look. For reference I use this with an Ecotools angled liner brush and it works perfectly.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is such a nice liner. I used to always use the Bobbi Brown gel liner but heard great reviews about this one and decided to try it out. Having now used both, I prefer this one MUCH more; the Clinique one glides much more smoothly across the lash line and doesn't pull or tug and wears for absolutely ages with no smudging. As the name suggests it's creamy, smooth and VERY black. This one also contains more in the jar than the B.B one and is a fair bit cheaper, so I am definitely a convert! Best eyeliner ever.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good liner, especially for the price, which isn't much higher than drugstore brands. Here's why:

1)You get a ton of product in the pot. I've been using it almost everyday for a couple months and I don't think I've used even 1/8 of it.

2) I don't quite understand people who are obsessed with finding the blackest most blackety black that ever existed. But for what it's worth, this eyeliner is very black (not grey/brown/whatever) and can create a very dark and dramatic look.

3) It's very easy to work with to achieve different looks. I just said it was very dark and dramatic, but it gives you some time to work with it before it sets, so if you want, you can smudge it out to create a softer look. Cream/gel liners are great in this respect because you can have the precision and intensity of a liquid liner as well as the forgiveness of a pencil liner in the same product.

4) The problem with a lot of cream/gel liners is that they dry out before you've had a chance to use most of it. Not this one. It's been quite a while and it hasn't shown any signs of drying. It's just as easy to use as it was when I first opened it.

Unfortunately there is a (slight) con: the staying power isn't the most amazing. Will it stay on your eye for a long time? Yes. But... Is it waterproof? Not really. Water resistant is a good word. Water won't make it run all over your face, but it will make it flake off and stuff, so don't wear this liner to the beach or anything. Is it smudge proof? Not really. It doesn't transfer all over the place, but it does transfer a little. Now, I'm not even sure how this happens, but this liner tends to transfer from my top lash line to the area under my bottom lash line. I sometimes wear this alone, so I know it's not any other product like my mascara, and I know the mechanics of it don't make any sense, but this is what I see happening on my face. It's an easily solveable problem for me (swipe of a fingertip under the eye... I don't even need a mirror) and not much of a concern, but I normally don't have to worry about transferring because my eyelids are the opposite of oily and are very good to me. If you often worry about smudging, you might run into some problems.

Recap: This liner is very black, versatile, easy to work with, and you'll get a lot of mileage out of it without feeling it in your wallet. But, it might smudge and don't get it wet. All in all, it's a good buy and I'd recommend it.

on 6/8/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

my absolute favorite cream eyeliner! ive had this liner for over 9 months now and its still in perfect condition, exact consistency from how i bought it and theres only about a third of the pot gone! (from everyday use)
ive seen reviews on MUA where people complain about the small brush that comes with the liner and how its too small, bristles are short, and all this nonsense... well OF COURSE!! you need to buy your own angled eyeliner brush (or whatever kind of brush you prefer to apply your eyeliner) and apply it with that! i would obviously not be expecting a high-end amazing brush to come with it.
over all an amazing eyeliner, not matte but not shiny, smooth, long lasting and all for a great price! i recommend this to all of you! <3<3

on 3/29/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the best brush-on eye liners I've ever used. This is probably HG for me! It comes in a small pot filled with pigmented color. I just dip an eyeliner brush into it and I'm set to go. You hardly need to pick up any color onto the brush because this is so pigmented. Just a little goes a long way! It is really easy to smudge for a smoky look and it also great if you want a really defined line. Stays put to! I love the staying power of this. Best of all, a small pot lasts forever. I've had mine for a year and a half, and it has not run out and it still is creamy. I'm so glad it hasn't dried out! I would definitely recommend this. A little expensive, but well worth it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After vehemently trying every eye-liner under under the sun on my waterline, this is the only one that doesn't budge. It's reasonably priced, in a pot so you have the opportunity to use every last bit of product, and easy to throw in your make-up bag. The eye-liner does run a tad on the corner of my upper lashline, but that's nothing concealer won't fix. The brush is pointless, so I use a 208 brush from MAC to get a precise line. It comes in a myriad of brown shades and one black, but I recommend starting with black and working your way around the color chart (like I'm currently doing). Hopefully Clinique will come out with more eccentric colors (blue, purple, etc.), but for the mean time I'm a very satisfied customer.

I originally went into Sephora searching for a liner to put on my tight line. I asked a Sephora lady and she was completely useless so I went searching on my own. I came across this, and remembered Pixiwoo use it in several tutorials so I bought it. It was during F&F and was originally 14 dollars, so I figured, Why not? I ended up loving it, but not for tight lining. For tight lining I now use MUFE Aqua eyes, because the pencil application is easier. But for my upper lash line, this is amazing. I use it most days with an angled eye liner brush and although this product makes no claims of being waterproof, it lasts the entire day, with no problem. The cream consistency is easy for me, at least, to work this, and the color payoff is a rich, intense, black. Five stars.

on 10/18/2010 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love love love this product!, The consistency of the cream liner is perfect and, the fact that it is long-wearing and waterproof is amazing! I initially bought this because the MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack was sold out at my local counter but now, I will definitely be using the Clinique one, great product, the only criticism is the price, I don't have much moolah to be splurging around but it is worth the buy!