Everyday Minerals Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 11/25/2008 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i'm glad that silk dust has been discontinued....it made my oily skin even more oily...!! i love the EM foundations and blushes...but i was very disappointed with the silk dust....i ordered it after the great reviews on the EM website and here at MUA...but it was a letdown for me.

on 10/31/2008 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product has been discontinued, but I'm reviewing it just because I've now realized THIS is what has been breaking my skin out over the past couple of weeks. I had been using this instead of my usual primer, which ran out - and I wasn't attributing the problems to this product. I stopped using it after I began using strobe cream and amazingly, my skin has much fewer small bumps on it.

on 8/31/2008 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Ummmmm....i just found out as I'm writing this review that it's being discontinued. I mean I have my issues with it but I'm sad because I was planning on getting some more. :(

well 1 lippie off for packaging cuz it's messy.
another lippie off because as a final layer of powder it adds that caked on look...i only insisted on using it because of its awesome oil absorbing powers. final lippie off because the stuff would spackle up my nose pore with white powder and i'd need to spend extra time wiping that out.

but alas, what good is a review for a discontinued product...i guess i'll try a different silk or finishing powder in my next order.

I'm in a panic trying to figure out how I can get some of this. I only just recently ordered a small jar of this and realized that it has a reaaaally nice calming affect on my dry, sensitive skin. Ahhhhh!!!!! I'm now hoping to get this in a swap.

on 8/11/2008 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am so disappointed this is going to be discontinued!!!! I think that this is the BEST finishing dust EVER!!! It is a super duper Oil absorber!!! I have never used anything like it. If you have oily skin you had better stock up on the silk dust NOW!!! Discontinue date is the 8/17/08. hurry!!!

on 8/4/2008 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. I have never used a product that concealed my shiny forehead. I work in an office and usually have a shiny forehead by lunchtime. I had come to terms with this since BE Mineral Veil and Alima Finishing powder couldn't absorb my oiliness. I didn't think that any product would fix this and I would have to blot for the rest of my life! I do have sensitive skin and haven't noticed any breakouts yet but I do get some tingling sensations. I will be crushed if I have to stop using this product because of sensitivity. Otherwise, it is my new HG!

on 7/31/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok I use the tinted silk dust, summer silk dust, and untinted silk dust. I like them better than bare minerals mineral veil, but if you have a keen sense of smell like me then you will notice that as you apply this around your nose it has a very faint "dead" smell to it. This is the only way I can think to describe this smell. Overall I like silk dust because it controls shine and doesn't break me out :) I will put up with ANY smell in order to have clear skin!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is now my HG powder.
I mix the Silk dust with the Tinted Silk dust to match my complexion (the Silk Dust is a bit too pale for me, and the Tinted Silk a bit too dark), and then I mix in a bit of my Bye-Bye Blemish powder and...Voila'! My ideal powder!
This supposedly has good-for-you-and-your-skin ingredients, and it wears well and hasn't clogged my pores (knock on wood). It helps to cover flaws in the skin, but doesn't rub off on fabrics/tissues in a skin-colored mess (I hate feeling like I'm "wearing make-up". This helps sop up oil, without settling in fine lines and accentuating them.
As many have said, the packaging (with this and most mineral make-up) is messy. I often wind up with powder on my clothes (if I forget to shake it off, I look like I'm shedding dandruff), on my dresser, and on the floor. Until they make a little brush-filled dispenser like Peter Thomas Roth's mineral sunscreen, I'll just continue leaving clouds of powder around my dressing area.

on 7/16/2008 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first tried this in the "tinted" formula and it was way to dark for my skin, BUT I really liked the way it worked. When wearing powder foundation I no longer need to use a silicone based primer, which is fantastic considering they give me cystic acne. I'm not sure of all the benefits of the ingredient(s), but as a primer it is absolutely amazing. I also use this to set my liquid foundation and it works great for that as well. total HG product for me.

This controls oil better than anything else for me. If I get really sweaty, it doesn't hold up. For most days, it's perfect, though. I haven't noticed any breaking out from it, either.I also prefer it to the tinted (which was too dark for me).