MD Formulations Skin Perfecting Gel

MD Formulations Skin Perfecting Gel

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product actually has two places you can review it on MA - but just to put things straight: This product is called, by it's full name, MD formulations Glycare Skin Perfecting Gel, known as Perfecting Gel. It's clear and translucent in texture, but still feels like a gel. I uploaded a picture of the product too, just to make sure everyone knows what it looks like...

And why, oh why does people think this is a freaking "all over face serum?". This is a strong product ladies and gentlemen, and using it the wrong way can worsen your skin. It is an exfoliating, renewing gel meant to be used on SMALL problem areas, like directly on a pimple or over a breakout. Do not use this all over your face, do that and you will end up with a dry and sore skin. If you need something that works all over the face to knock out blackheads, then turn to the Continuos renewal serum by the same brand.

Now that we have that settled (hehehe), let me get to the performance of this product: I have used it since my skin started breaking out, and it has never failed me. During PMS or the week of the month, I always end up with pimples. Always! Some big, some small, but after dabbing a tiny, tiny bit on this directly on the impurities, they completely disappear or become visibly smaller during the night. Amazing, isn't it? You can hardly tell it's there by using it correctly, but let me tell you: it does its job.

But remember: MD formulations is a high end product, and to get the full effect, you NEED to match it with another high end product. You can cleanse your face with MD formulations, use the gel and the serum, but it you combine it with a moisturizer from Nivea or another cheap brand you won't get the full experience. If you think this product sucks, then read how to use it properly and buy a moisturizer from Decléor, priori or matis, and you will see a difference in your skin. It's expensive to stock up on high end skin products as you use it day and night, but isn't your skin worth it?

on 11/19/2011 12:22:00 AM

how can anyone hate this? it's a gel exfoliator and it does exactly what it says i LOVE it.

it's great for calming down my pimples, spots or whatever, however if you overly use it it can dry your skin out. so i use it as a peel twice a week to exfoliate, usually pre weekend and post :-) then use a hydrating serum/moisturizer to hydrate the skin. lovelovelove.

on 9/7/2008 8:49:00 AM

I am on the fence about this and if it really does something. My derma recomended this to me and I fell for it of course. I used it all over my face along with a MD cleanser for a while but it really didn't do much for me. Then it ended up in the cupboard, probably for a reason. Applying it on a pimple "FEELS" like it should work because it sort of stings, but does it? I think I need to try it again tonight to see what it does to a pimple, will update.

on 12/28/2006 3:11:00 PM

This really doesn't work at all. It costs money that's all. I don't se anything positive with it, I have still blemishes and it haven't done anything. Save your money ladies!