Smashbox tokidoki - dolcissima

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is such a nice gloss. Its very long wearing, but can be very drying. The color is peacy pink, kind of sheer. I find it is best applyed over a lip primer. The color changes drastically from sheer to nicely pigmented.

on 1/26/2010 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Rly pretty color. And the outside is adorable. I like it.

on 6/3/2009 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

MEHHH! a soft, pale corally pink....to light for my lips. maybe over something else it would work. reminiscent of all things 80's...too frosted

Personally, I prefer the drammatica shade to this one. This color matched my skin tone too well and could not be worn alone, It also dries out my lips, which is fairly annoying to me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i love tokidoki & i love smashbox! when i saw that the tokidoki collection was on curtain call at smashbox.com i knew i had to snag some pieces before they were gone for good! i started with this lipgloss - & i'm glad i did! i love it! of course the packaging is amazing, so cute. the color is great as well. it appears much more of a vinbrant pink while still in the tube. i was surprised when i first saw it, but when i put it on it was a realy cool shimmering pink. my lips are pretty pigmented so not much color shows up for me. but the shimmer is great. when it's all on it gives me a great shimmering nude lip, mylips look plump & delicious!

in my oppinion smashbox lipglosses have pretty good staying power. & this gloss doesn't dissappoint. it stays put. in fact i put it on to see the color when i first received it & then ate lunch (a salad). when i was finished eating i looked in the mirror & still had gloss on! the only downside to dolcissima i feel is the applicator. i prefer a sponge applicator to the brush, but the great color & feel of the gloss override that. i would def repurchase if this gloss wasn't LE.

on 8/11/2007 6:50:00 PM

I have both the tokidoki lip glosses, and I have to say that Dolcissima is definitely my favorite of the two. The color is a very pretty shimmery peach that suits my medium skin tone quite well. However I have a few issues with the product. First, it dries my lips out much like the Drammatica. It does have pretty good staying power though: even when the gloss itself seems to have worn out, much of the color and sparkle stays. Second, the wand has started fraying already, making application a little bit more of a hassle than I think it should be, and I've only used it a few times. Third, I feel like a get a little too much gloss on the wand than I want; the stuff practically drips off if you aren't careful. All in all, I love the color, but it's certainly not the best.

on 7/27/2007 11:34:00 AM

I bought this one because I usually always buy pinker tones. So I wanted to try something different. I don't think it complemented my skin tone. It was too light for me. I'm a fair/medium tone skinned Asian gal. I just didn't like it very much. Probably will just use it over darker lipstick colors.

on 4/17/2007 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Limited edition blush with the Tokidoki collection released Spring 2007. The collection is based on Japenese artwork and all the pieces have cute pictures on them. Dolcissima is a shimmery pale peach color with a hint of pink. Its not as pigmented as it looks in the tube but its not completely clear either. Very pretty. The tube is really cute and the gloss has a nailpolish wand type applicator. no scent and retails for $19.

on 3/2/2007 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this gloss over drammatica. this is a shimmery nude color, gives my lips 3D shine! it's my new favorite gloss. staying power is okay. but the tube will last a long time. packaging is the best to match its highend price. no smell, applies very smooth= excellent quality. the color in the tube isn't as peachy or dull as it would seem, i love it as it is very 3dimensional sparkle and tones down my pigmented lips into a nice pearly neutral color. would look best with dark eyes and color. it's just awesome. don't forget to order from smashbox.com and receive free shipping + free samples!!! :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the other reviewers - the packaging is totally adorable and uber cute. I liked the color payoff of this - it came out peachy on my lips and wasn't too sticky. Brush wand was a little bit annoying because product came out in one big glop on the brush but I think the color and packaging more than make up for this.