Smashbox tokidoki - dolcissima

No Image

2.8

on 6/3/2009 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

MEHHH! a soft, pale corally pink....to light for my lips. maybe over something else it would work. reminiscent of all things 80's...too frosted

on 8/11/2007 6:50:00 PM

I have both the tokidoki lip glosses, and I have to say that Dolcissima is definitely my favorite of the two. The color is a very pretty shimmery peach that suits my medium skin tone quite well. However I have a few issues with the product. First, it dries my lips out much like the Drammatica. It does have pretty good staying power though: even when the gloss itself seems to have worn out, much of the color and sparkle stays. Second, the wand has started fraying already, making application a little bit more of a hassle than I think it should be, and I've only used it a few times. Third, I feel like a get a little too much gloss on the wand than I want; the stuff practically drips off if you aren't careful. All in all, I love the color, but it's certainly not the best.

on 7/27/2007 11:34:00 AM

I bought this one because I usually always buy pinker tones. So I wanted to try something different. I don't think it complemented my skin tone. It was too light for me. I'm a fair/medium tone skinned Asian gal. I just didn't like it very much. Probably will just use it over darker lipstick colors.

i gave this a 5 for packaging, but that is the only upside of it for me. I purchased this along with an eyeshadow quad which ended up being returned because there was little pigment in the shadows. (i am a ppp by the way, stila 20watts, BE fairly light)
I kept the gloss because i love the packaging and the color is a pretty peach. the only downside to this gloss i notice is that it dries my lips out. i found it to be quite sticky for myself and my lips started peeling a bit, so needless to say i wont wear this often. It was only worth the packaging.:(

on 12/28/2006 3:09:00 PM

This colour is part of the limited edition tokidoki collection and is a shimmery pale peachy pink colour. I paid $19 Canadian plus tax. The packaging definately gets full points because of the uber cute tokidoki characters on the tube. Although the colour looks really peachy in the tube, it shows up much more pink on my lips. Most pale frosty lip colours make me look washed out and dated but this one doesn't. I think it's because the shimmer is multicoloured and not white or silver. The texture is very smooth and not sticky. Not smell or taste. Lasting power is pretty good considering this is not a sticky gloss.

UPDATE: after only owning for a few months, the cute tokidoki decals started wearing off. I just never reach for it anymore.