Smashbox tokidoki - dolcissima

No Image

3.6

The applicator is very precise so it really has to be "painted" on with what feels like a mini~spatula. The gloss is thick & VERY shiny. I have strawberry latte and I love it. packaging and light flavor are my favorite traits.
Down side: very sticky!

on 1/26/2010 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Rly pretty color. And the outside is adorable. I like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i love tokidoki & i love smashbox! when i saw that the tokidoki collection was on curtain call at smashbox.com i knew i had to snag some pieces before they were gone for good! i started with this lipgloss - & i'm glad i did! i love it! of course the packaging is amazing, so cute. the color is great as well. it appears much more of a vinbrant pink while still in the tube. i was surprised when i first saw it, but when i put it on it was a realy cool shimmering pink. my lips are pretty pigmented so not much color shows up for me. but the shimmer is great. when it's all on it gives me a great shimmering nude lip, mylips look plump & delicious!

in my oppinion smashbox lipglosses have pretty good staying power. & this gloss doesn't dissappoint. it stays put. in fact i put it on to see the color when i first received it & then ate lunch (a salad). when i was finished eating i looked in the mirror & still had gloss on! the only downside to dolcissima i feel is the applicator. i prefer a sponge applicator to the brush, but the great color & feel of the gloss override that. i would def repurchase if this gloss wasn't LE.

I bought this gloss on a whim, and the more I wear it, the more I really, really like it! First off, the packaging is adorable (and packaging usually means squat to me - as long as I can fit a product in my pocket, I'm good to go). The gloss itself is really something. My lips have a lot of pigment and this tones them down without washing me out. It's also not too peachy (unlike Nars Orgasm gloss). Though I tend to shy away from glittery/sparkly stuff on my lips, I feel this gloss provides a sophisticated shimmer/shine. My husband hates goop on my lips, but he hans't complained about this gloss yet. Another plus is the brush applicator, which I prefer to a sponge. Some other reviewers claim it's not long lasting (c'mon gals, we all know this is not a strong suit of the gloss category), but I think it's fantastic. It's not drying and the shimmer/shine fades away gradually, leaving lips lush-looking for hours. This is the best gloss I've found in a while! If I'm still using it in several weeks, I'll bump it up to 5 lippies - any lip product that can capture my attention for more than a week deserves all five! EDIT: I'm still using it, so true to my word, I'm bumping the review to 5 lippies. One small note, the gloss tends to glop out of the tube when I screw the top back on, so I have to wipe it with a tissue before putting it back in my make-up bag. No biggie, though.

on 3/2/2007 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this gloss over drammatica. this is a shimmery nude color, gives my lips 3D shine! it's my new favorite gloss. staying power is okay. but the tube will last a long time. packaging is the best to match its highend price. no smell, applies very smooth= excellent quality. the color in the tube isn't as peachy or dull as it would seem, i love it as it is very 3dimensional sparkle and tones down my pigmented lips into a nice pearly neutral color. would look best with dark eyes and color. it's just awesome. don't forget to order from smashbox.com and receive free shipping + free samples!!! :)

on 8/11/2007 6:50:00 PM

I have both the tokidoki lip glosses, and I have to say that Dolcissima is definitely my favorite of the two. The color is a very pretty shimmery peach that suits my medium skin tone quite well. However I have a few issues with the product. First, it dries my lips out much like the Drammatica. It does have pretty good staying power though: even when the gloss itself seems to have worn out, much of the color and sparkle stays. Second, the wand has started fraying already, making application a little bit more of a hassle than I think it should be, and I've only used it a few times. Third, I feel like a get a little too much gloss on the wand than I want; the stuff practically drips off if you aren't careful. All in all, I love the color, but it's certainly not the best.

on 4/17/2007 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Limited edition blush with the Tokidoki collection released Spring 2007. The collection is based on Japenese artwork and all the pieces have cute pictures on them. Dolcissima is a shimmery pale peach color with a hint of pink. Its not as pigmented as it looks in the tube but its not completely clear either. Very pretty. The tube is really cute and the gloss has a nailpolish wand type applicator. no scent and retails for $19.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the other reviewers - the packaging is totally adorable and uber cute. I liked the color payoff of this - it came out peachy on my lips and wasn't too sticky. Brush wand was a little bit annoying because product came out in one big glop on the brush but I think the color and packaging more than make up for this.

Cute! Quality is just average, love the color and the brush is precise, I got it on ebay so it wasn't expensive at all

on 9/21/2010 11:44:00 PM

alright, so

overall rating: 3/5

the quality was alright. but actually, i've seen better quality from lip glosses from Bath and Body Works, and the Body Shop for a cheaper price. i bought this lip gloss for around $13, so that is more than the usual lip gloss, which is $8.

the packaging was very pretty. but it's a lot like sanrio lead pencils... the packaging is so pretty it distracts you from the fact that the quality is just average, and that the packaging itself can be kind of cheap.

i bring it with me to school, and already the design is getting chipped!!! maybe i'm not taking care of it properly, but really, i expected better.

anyway, it was nice, the color was pretty shiny (sometimes it lasted for like five hours, but usually it lasts for about two or three hours), but i think i will look somewhere else for lip gloss next time...