Smashbox tokidoki - dolcissima

3.5

on 9/21/2010 11:44:00 PM

alright, so

overall rating: 3/5

the quality was alright. but actually, i've seen better quality from lip glosses from Bath and Body Works, and the Body Shop for a cheaper price. i bought this lip gloss for around $13, so that is more than the usual lip gloss, which is $8.

the packaging was very pretty. but it's a lot like sanrio lead pencils... the packaging is so pretty it distracts you from the fact that the quality is just average, and that the packaging itself can be kind of cheap.

i bring it with me to school, and already the design is getting chipped!!! maybe i'm not taking care of it properly, but really, i expected better.

anyway, it was nice, the color was pretty shiny (sometimes it lasted for like five hours, but usually it lasts for about two or three hours), but i think i will look somewhere else for lip gloss next time...

on 8/11/2007 6:50:00 PM

I have both the tokidoki lip glosses, and I have to say that Dolcissima is definitely my favorite of the two. The color is a very pretty shimmery peach that suits my medium skin tone quite well. However I have a few issues with the product. First, it dries my lips out much like the Drammatica. It does have pretty good staying power though: even when the gloss itself seems to have worn out, much of the color and sparkle stays. Second, the wand has started fraying already, making application a little bit more of a hassle than I think it should be, and I've only used it a few times. Third, I feel like a get a little too much gloss on the wand than I want; the stuff practically drips off if you aren't careful. All in all, I love the color, but it's certainly not the best.