Bliss Labs Lighten Up task mask

No Image

4.3

on 12/8/2007 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought the giant tub based on the rave reviews, but didn't find this to live up to its hype. The process is kind of fun; you mix a scoop of powder (it says to use 4 scoops, but I found 1/4 of 1 scoop to be more than enough) with water, apply the mixture to your face, wait for it to rubberize and then peel it off. I used it quite freqently for a couple months and maybe noticed a tiny bit of brightening, but even that's debatable. Thankfully my 10-oz. container was about $5 on eBay so it wasn't a huge loss.

on 10/9/2007 10:12:00 AM

although I loved this product, I wouldnt buy it again because I picked up a similar mask for 3 by dead sea magic with exactly the same ingredients which had exactly the same effect I was so pleased to find something which I could use a lot more frequently without incurring the expense. I think dead sea magic is by finders spa products. Maybe these are just available in the UK.

I have had this product for a long long time. I bought the $45 one that is in the big plastic container. I just used it again at first and thought I might give it a review. I have to say, this is one of the few masks that doesn't give you that tingly feeling. I have really sensitive skin so whne I get the tingly feeling, it scares me. After I used this mask, I notice my skin is not as dry as it is before and while I've been using this for awhile, I still wouldn't say it really lightens your skincolor BUT it is a very good mask that does not irritate even dry and sensitive skin and it leaves your skin feeling soft and it does give a little glow. I normally get a paper cup and scoop some in, and then pour a bit of water and mix it and then pour more water if necessary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Why O Why did they have to discontinue this? Now I have to buy the Task Mask Pack just to get this beloved product of mine!!!

I bought this huge 10 oz size of Lighten up Task Mask because of the RAVE review here and WOW, I gotta tell you, This Stuff ROCKS. I have acne marks everywhere on my face and this really does help reduce those red marks! Now, they're almost all pink and they keep fading! YAY. I also think this helps with clearing my skin too because my skin felt very smooth afterward and I noticed less bumps. For those with really red marks, after one application you won't see a GRAND difference, but keep using it and you REALLY will. I did. Just a shame they don't sell this size anymore. Oh, and the three scoops that the instructions tell you to use, are you kidding me!? I only use about 3/4 a scoop and 3/4 water and have enough to cover my entire face!

But, since this has been discontinued, I now use Peter Thomas Roth Oxygen Detoxifying mask. It is REALLY helpful for acne, so I'm glad I at least found that.

Anyone who has the ligthen up Task Mask and wants to swap me, just ask!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This mask does everything - lightens, tightens, brightens,and my skin feels so clean and smooth and fresh when I peel it off. I just bought my third jar (the first two lasted a year each), which works out to $1 a week, which is not bad for great skin. You do not need more than one scoop of product, unless you want to lighten-up the neck. I usually use less than one scoop and sometimes add a bit of lavender essential oil. I agree with the aesthetician - it takes a while to figure out how much mixing to do, but once you figure it out, this product is heaven-sent. I had similar problems to the aesthetician's with the exfoliating mask and I never took the time to figure out the proportions there. I didn't need too, though, because this is the only one I use now.

on 2/8/2005 10:03:00 PM

Ok, one of these days I'm hoping to mix up this stupid powder mask in the correct proportions. I've followed the directions exactly, & it has never,ever "rubberized" so I can remove it easily. I've taken to playing with the proportions, but no luck so far. I always end up over the sink trying to wipe the goo off my face after an hour or if it does indeed harden or firm up at all, it just comes off in little tiny flakes. I have an asst. pack of these masks, & I've had the same problem with them all so far. Btw, I hold an Aesthetician liscence so I feel like I should be able to get these to work, but no luck so far.

on 1/30/2005 7:02:00 PM

Absolutely brightens my face. Even my husband noticed. I don't love that I have to mix the product. You definitely need less product than the directions call for. The first night I used it I didn't put it on thick enough so I had a mess trying to scrape it off. I was able to peel the mask off when I realized that you had to make it quite thick. Will definitely repurchase

on 10/7/2004 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i LOVE this mask! just used it for the first time last night in the tub. feels very nice, and afterwards my skin was definitely glowing. this morning it was very even and still very glowy. mom even complimented me! i got it for about $25 on ebay. i would repurchase, even from sephora if there were none on ebay. cons? the instructions and the drying time. okay, so, i used two scoops and started running the bath, but by the time i was ready it had rubberized and i needed to make it over again. okay, MAAAYBE i just have a terrible sense of time and should've made it when the bath was ready. this is a warning and not a complaint. i do have a complaint, however.. it says use 3 scoops with 3 scoops of water. AHEM! i used 2 scoops and i had enough for two masks. i slathered as much as i could on my face and it was literally dripping off my nose and chin because i used so much.. i had TONS left over and slathered it on the upper parts of my back and chest because i had some marks. blah! i wasted 3 scoops in total because i definitely only needed 1 scoop. atleast that makes it 30 applications a tub instead of 10. will update.

on 8/18/2004 2:31:00 AM

I got a sample of this with my Bliss order and I must say I was unsure about the mixing. I have never done this before with a mask. Cool idea though. Well mixed it, spread on my face, and peeled it off in on swipe. How freaking cool. A rubber mold of my face :) This stuff is not only cool I think, but it left my skin looking great. I was glowing. I love this mask and it is the best mask I have ever used for my face. It did not leave my face dry, tight, and hurting like others. This left my skin light, bright, and just plain looking good. Great mask and the mixing part really is no big deal at all. Worth it. Your face will thank you.

on 2/16/2004 9:50:00 PM

Oh WOW. This actually works! It really did lighten up my skin. You have to be careful when you're mixing it up though - a common mistake is to add too much water.