OPI Lincoln Park at Midnight

4.3

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This is a rich eggplant purple that appears to have a velvety shimmer-like effect in the bottle, but it doesn't translate to the nail very well. It mostly looks just very vampy purple; not quite like a cream but nothing super interesting. It is however a great winter color and it applies easily in two coats. The staying power for this polish is better than the average OPI. After a week I only had tipwear and some minimal chipping. Overall, I don't regret buying this one but it just doesn't wow me. There are similar polishes out there for a lower price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Whoa, vampy polish here. It looks black but is really a deep plum, like an eggplant. That purple black shade. It's very pretty in the sunlight and has a metallic shimmery finish that really shines in the light. Indoors though it looks almost black and more like a cream than a metallic. The formula on this is fantastic and it applies so smoothly and evenly and glides right on with the little brush. The brush is standard and narrow but it does fan out a little for application. It isn't my favorite brush, but it works fine so I won't complain. I had no issues with the brush other than wishing it was a pro wide brush, and wanting it to fan out a little more. It did give precise application and was easy to control though. The polish dries to a beautiful shine without topcoat. When I first put this on it was evening and I thought it gave me lobster hands and made my skin look red, but the next day in regular light, it looked fine and my skin looked pale and creamy and not reddened at all, so it must have been the nighttime lighting. I really like this polish but I only wore it for two days because I am getting tired of wintery darks and it was starting to feel out of season and out of place with all the spring collections and pastels and neutrals coming out. Although I only wore it for 2 days, I only had a tiny amount of tip wear and not a single chip. Not bad considering I spent hours doing heavy duty house cleaning, laundry, running errands, and preparing meals. I only took this off because it felt out of place in my spring state of mind, not that it needed removal. This is a good polish, but I am not sure it really deserves all the hype that surrounds it. It's vampy, sultry, mysterious, and rich in color, but it's not one that I sat and stared at getting lost in my pretty nails or that drew my attention to my hands. It was simply a dark polish and would have been perfect for earlier in the season like November. But here with February starting, I am in the mood for sheer pinks and nude colors and not the sultry dark I'm not quite black shades. Once next fall comes around though, this baby is coming back out to play. I love that it looks one color but it really another. That makes this fun to wear. It's a good polish.

Cannot believe I found this at Ulta today! Thought it had been discontinued. I wore this about 5 years ago and so happy to have found it again!!! Super stunning eggplant purple with a shimmer. Super dark but not at all black. Love the shine too this!!!! After wearing this i realize it kinda gives me lobster hands... Maybe it is the purple undertone or the shimmer. Did not do that when I wore it several years age... I had younger hands I guess. Still a pretty color but probably won't wear it again. Creams look better on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I read the reviews on this polish and I suspect that at least some people are actually reviewing OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, rather than OPI Lincoln Park at Midnight. Not only are the names similar enough to cause confusion, the polishes are pretty similar, but they are NOT the same. LPAD is a creme, no shimmer or iridescence whatsoever, and while it is a warm plum, it's so blackened as to be, well, essentially black. The same is not true of LPAM! (Normally, I don't do reviews by comparison, but in this case, I think it's justified to mention it.)

Lincoln Park at Midnight is a very deep, slightly muted, purple-plum. In the bottle, you can see what looks like a greyish-purple shimmer, but on the nail, this is surface iridescence rather than shimmer. This is not a "deep shimmer" or "hidden shimmer". The iridescence does serve to lift the colour a little bit, and allow the purple-plum nature to show through in many lighting situations. I don't think I'd actually call this an off-black, but you could: a purple-plum off-black with greyed-plum iridescence.

And that description, in my opinion, makes this polish unique. I've got nothing else quite like it in a stash of hundreds (I do have a full-on dupe of LPAD, though, and have used other dupes of it, so LPAD is pretty far from unique).

The formula is pretty okay, not terribly draggy, but some care needs to be taken to get even coats. The first coat is fairly streaky, though if you have a really steady hand and really good brush technique, you MIGHT be able to get away with one coat, which is much more about the plum tones. The second coat (which I need because I'm good, but not that good with a polish brush) evens everything out and darkens it up. Top coat brings out the iridescence a bit, but not greatly.

Personally, I really like this polish, but then, I do like dark polishes (they tend to be striking and look nice with my pale complexion). This is good with my pink and blue cool undertones, and tends to bring out the pink just a bit (no lobster hands or anything, though). This polish is, in my opinion, very sophisticated, elegant, and the not-always-black plus the surface iridescence makes it different from every other deep, near-black plum I've used.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is to be confused with Lincoln Park After Midnight, which it's not. This is purple/plum deep shimmer almost. It's very pretty and I love it. Its cool toned and has depth to it unlike the Lincoln Park After.

This is pretty unique to OPI and hard to find.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Very impressed with this color. It is a rich grape/plum purple. I love that from a glance it looks like your typical vampy almost black polish but when you take a second look you can easily see that it's purple. It's just the right amount of purple just to brighten it up a bit. It applied well as most OPI polish's do and dried pretty quickly (with my Essie "Good to Go" top coat of course :D). Love it! I know I will reach for it often.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It is a very pretty colour, but the formula is very streaky.

LPAM is a gorgeous, blackened purple/dark eggplant colour with a beautiful shimmer that adds a sophisticated, complex depth. In dim light it can be mistaken for black, but in regular light you can tell it is dark eggplant. I always get compliments when I wear this polish - it is THAT stunning. I would recommend this colour over Lincoln Park After Dark if you want something dark and vampy that doesn't look black. A coworker of mine wore LPAD recently and even up close, to me, it looked black. I have about 60 bottles of nail polish, about 40 of which are OPI and I have to say that LPAM and Ski Teal We Drop are my two all time favourite vampy polishes. The formula is outstanding, it goes on as smooth as silk and the pro wide brush makes is so easy to give yourself a professional looking mani.

I gave it a '5' for price b/c I purchased it at Secret Nail and Beauty Supply in Vancouver, Canada. They charge a $10 annual membership, but sell OPI for $5.50 (CDN) and China Glaze is $3.19 (CDN)! Definitely worth it if you are addicted to nail polish like me! :)

This is my favorite color of all time. This is the first review I've written here and this polish is the reason. Perfect dark eggplant color with the most incredible eggplant shimmer. It's just so elegant. I just can't believe I found a color I love this much. So happy and I hope they make it forever. Try this color, you will not be sorry. I don't have have the "after dark" version, I always thought it would be too black for me. This one is perfect. My holy grail and signature color. Thanks OPI!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this color! It's a beautiful eggplant purple. I took away a lippy because it's a bit streaky with one coat, and it takes foreverrrr to dry and harden. I know that most polishes require 2 coats for full coverage, but I applied a relatively thin coat and still got full coverage (minus a few streaky spots). Applying 2 coats just to cover the streaky spots wouldn't be worth the time it takes to dry. This is my first bottle of OPI, and I'm sure it won't be my last! I'm not crazy about the texture of the polish, but OPI's colors are very much my style.

Popular Polishes