Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

3.8

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG/PPG-8/3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Silicone Quaternium-8, Saponins, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool.

on 8/10/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is a great facial wash but it's pretty expensive for what it is. It's chemical free and I love that but I have other facial washes that are chemical free and cruelty free that are far cheaper.

Nice wash and smells like lavender but I will not buy it again simply because its way too high for a face wash that is average.

Oh wow - this certainly isn't for sensitive skin - no way. The day before Valentines day, I used this for the first time and boy was that a mistake!

I feel like I have been badly burnt by the sun, the skin around my mouth is now dry and cracking, my neck is covered in what looks like a bad shaving rash together with pustules. It still stings, it is still red and swollen over a day and a half later! Even anti histamine hasn't dented this reaction. I have had reactions before to skin products but never like this. No fun for valentines date night at all because I can't put anything on my skin because of the discomfort.

I love Kate's goat cream but this is just a big no no for sensitive skin - so no, I don't recommend this for those with reactive skin at all!

on 1/23/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yikes! Yesterday I got one the free facials that they offer at the KS counter. I bought the entire set.
Went home, rinsed with this cleanser. The next morning, my entire face was red and was covered with bumps. They are very small but my entire face is covered...Sexy!!
Not totally sure that this product is the culprit but it was something from her line up.
I looked to the ingredients and see that she uses a form Sodium Sulfate as the second ingredient. They have used the technical chemical chain name (Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate) so the consumer would not recognize it as a form of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. There are actually 150 names for Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
In concentations of 2% to 5% it can cause allergic or sensitive reactions to lots of people (Sources: European Journal of Dermatology, September-October 2001, pages 416419; American Journal of Contact Dermatitis, March 2001, pages 2832)
This stuff is used in many household products such as. Turtle Car Wax, Vanish Toilet Bowl cleaner, and Clorox. It's used because it's an inexpensive surfectant.(Sources: Household Products Database)
Surprising from a line that is so highly revered by the "Hollywood Stars."
This all a reminder to me that while searching for the fountain of youth...don't forget to read the labels.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh, to sing the praises of a good gel cleanser that leaves me feeling clean but not dried out. It's hard to get that feeling of cleanliness that tends to come with a gel cleanser. Do not ask me why but there just happens to be a positive association with gel cleansers and feeling clean.

But this does it like a champ, and my dry and somewhat irritable skin enjoys it. While the fragrance is usually a sensitive skin nightmare, it doesn't seem to bother mine. Fragrance is often dependent on the type of fragrance as to what causes irritation so I will say that this is absolutely not for everyone.

But this gets my face feeling fresh and clean and it smells great along the way. It definitely gets off all the makeup that I don't remove separately (waterproof and the like). I look forward to using this and it delivers a good cleanse. I would gripe about the price, but I use so little that I rarely worry about making the $32 investment when I know how long a tube will last me.

on 1/7/2011 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I had been using Philosophy's "Purity Made Simple" for about 4 years, and while I was very pleased with it and found it did a good job cleansing my skin, I think my skin eventually just got immune to it and just needed something different (if that's even possible). About two weeks ago I received a sample of this cleanser and decided to give it a try with my Clairisonic. WOW! I'm very impressed! I do have sensitive skin, and I don't think it dried me out at all. It left my skin feeling very soft and clean, and not at all tight. The scent is light and not offending at all. The twist top does dispense product way to quickly, and since this cleanser lathers so beautifully, you just don't need to use a lot (a little goes a long way). I'm also not sure if it's my imagination (or my improved diet) but I believe there has been a noticable improvement in the clairity of my skin and it's texture. It is rather costly, but I will continue to purchase for as long as it works for me. I would recommend this product for those with sensitive skin, but would suggest you go to your nearest Sephora's and sample it first. Or order it from QVC, where you can return it if you're not happy.

on 7/10/2008 12:09:00 AM

This is a lovely, foamy-enough wash for any skin type but it has one major drawback: it doesn't remove makeup very well. That's typical of a gentler wash, somehow the best makeup removing washes are the most stripping (w/ one exception, good 'ol Neutrogena face wash). Kate says it's a "one stop shop" for cleansing but it's not true. It is still a very nice wash that I will enjoy using until it's done. I love her Purify wash and that's coming from someone w/ dry skin prone to redness. I mainly use the gentle wash for simple morning cleansing and for that it works great. I'll use it in the p.m. before the Purify, just to get off MOST of the makeup first. I wouldn't buy it again but it does leave your skin feeling soft, clean and kind of pampered. I love the rest of Kate's line, though.

on 12/8/2007 6:05:00 PM

i've used so many different skincare lines and so far this is the best. i have extremely combination skin that can either get really oily or really dry with the wrong products. after going to the kate somerville clinic for a facial i fell in love with the products.

this cleanser is a good basic cleanser that smell divine. i can't say this has made a huge improvement in my skin but then again can i really expect that from a cleanser? this hasn't made me break out, hasn't dried out my skin and cleanses well.

I ended up buying a full size of this face wash after having a sample of it. While using the sample I liked it enough but the price for full size for a face wash just seemed a bit steep for me and for the most part I will pay for products but cleansers in my opinion should not cost an arm and a leg. Well I ended up snagging a fullsize on ebay for a total of $24.00 with shipping, which is reasonable amount for me to pay for this or most any cleanser. The only one I splurge and will even pay full amount if I have to is Fresh Cucumber Soy Face wash, it is very gentle and takes all my makeup off easily without drying or irratating my skin. It works good. For a time I was using purity made simple which also worked good at taking the makeup off but wasn't as gentle as the Fresh, so I am back on the fresh. I don't think this cleanser would be good at taking the day of makeup off your face though, but a lot really area not made for that unless they say so. So I always have to buy two different ones. But this one is a good gentle cleanser but wish they would lower the price (which I know won't happen) or give more product for that price tag.

on 2/5/2007 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just started using this product line 2 1/2 weeks ago and I already see huge improvements in my breakouts and pores. I have very dry/dehydrated and sensitive skin and this cleanser works great for me. You just need a very small amount for your whole face-less than a dime sized drop (very lightly frangranced by the lavender). I use this 2x's a day and also use the GoatsMilk cream (am) and Deep Tissue repair along with the Total Antioxidant Complex (pm). My skin has not been reactive or broken out and is clearing up nicely and I actually see less lines on my forehead and brow, and around mouth. Will definately repurchase 4 oz tube $32 @ katesomerville.com...if you call, you get samples too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I bought this in a "try me kit" in a small sample tube. I actually enjoyed washing my face because of the divine lavender smell(I love that scent!). It doesn't lather but it does clean without making my skin feel tight. I would repurchase this.