Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

3.0

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG/PPG-8/3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Silicone Quaternium-8, Saponins, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool.

on 12/10/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this along with my purchase of a clarisonic. It isn't a brand I would be interested in because the founder just seems to be full of fluff and hot air. The product is harsh and drying not gentle at all.

on 6/11/2013 10:01:00 PM

I'm a bit shocked that this carries the 'gentle' label. My skin is combination, but goes through occasional bouts of excessive oil production. This cleanser stripped my skin to the point that it was uncomfortably dry and red (think afternoon at beach without sunblock). And, if you're like me with the random oil issues, you know that stripping the skin that severely will just exacerbate the oil problem. So, my uncomfortably dry skin and I will not continue to use. As a side note, the smell (lavender-ish) was a little off putting. I don't really like my face care items to be quite so strongly fragranced.

on 2/2/2012 5:43:00 PM

Nice cleanser. Ive used it for a little while. I love how the gel is so concentrated and the fact that it is sulfate free yest lathers incredibly well is awesome! It gets skin reallllly clean. It's basically a no frills gel cleanser for all skin types but especially those who are prone to dryness as this doesn't have sulfates. I never experienced any of the reactions people talk about and I'm pretty sensitive.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is just an okay cleanser. It's pretty basic and not really something you want to use if you have dry skin, despite the gentle name. If it wasn't $32 it might be worth rebuying but for $20 you can get something better at Clarins or given how basic is it you might as well buy something at the drugstore for less than $10. I also hate the packaging, it has one of the tops the twists open and the product ends up leaking out making a mess.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I feel it does nothing. No clearing of pores, no calming of skin. I don't feel it is a good cleanser. I feel cetaphil is better and much cheaper.

I do like it - I really do - but it's so expensive. In the UK this wash retails at 33 (over US$52) as opposed to US$32 in the USA.

The wash itself is lovely - a pleasant amount of foam from a small squeeze, not drying and not over-scented. I use it with an Ole Henriksen Complexion Sponge, which I bought from Bath & Unwind.

The tube is another matter altogether. The "lid" twists to allow a small central channel to open, then you squeeze out the desired amount. The tube is designed to be stood on its "lid". The problem with this is that however much you carefully wipe the product away from the lid after closing (being careful, of course, not to waste any of this terribly expensive wash) it still leaks a little bit, and the residue goes really sticky and nasty.

I love Kate Somerville products - and this actual product is great, I have no fault with the wash itself - but I'd rather see the packaging relaunched as a pump or bottle. Until then (and probably until the price for UK consumers drops a bit) I will not repurchase it.

on 6/6/2010 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. Iam a lavendarholic and the scent is perfect. What I dont like is the price. It doesnt seem like the pricepoint matches the ingredients. I love it though, so like a fool, I bend over and take it.

on 4/8/2010 6:47:00 AM

I switched over to KS products about 6 weeks ago and love the line. I hat the Gentle Wash in the morning, love the smell and how it lathers up so nice! It really cleans my skin but doesn't dry me out. I wish it had a flip cap, though, since a bit of wash always comes out when you twist the cap closed.

I like the convenience of the packaging of this cleanser. It does a nice job of cleansing my skin without leaving it feeling dry and stripped.

on 11/28/2009 5:54:00 PM

This is a great cleanser.

Adore the scent. Gets the job done. Non-drying (but I have combo skin).

Was surprised by the negative reviews. Don't know what there is not to like, it's a pleasant smelling non-specialty cleanser . . . has no exotic claims or hyperbole, to my knowledge.

I give it only 4 lippies because unless a cleanser's doing something really unique and extraordinary, most are pretty much the same . . . they go down the drain in 2 minutes, with your dollars.

I don't begrudge an expensive product, but this is just a very nice cleanser . . . nothing more, nothing less.

Delightful product, no complaints. If you want to indulge in a nice cleanser, this is a good choice.