Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

3.0

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG/PPG-8/3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Silicone Quaternium-8, Saponins, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool.

on 3/31/2016 1:32:00 PM

on 1/7/2011 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I had been using Philosophy's "Purity Made Simple" for about 4 years, and while I was very pleased with it and found it did a good job cleansing my skin, I think my skin eventually just got immune to it and just needed something different (if that's even possible). About two weeks ago I received a sample of this cleanser and decided to give it a try with my Clairisonic. WOW! I'm very impressed! I do have sensitive skin, and I don't think it dried me out at all. It left my skin feeling very soft and clean, and not at all tight. The scent is light and not offending at all. The twist top does dispense product way to quickly, and since this cleanser lathers so beautifully, you just don't need to use a lot (a little goes a long way). I'm also not sure if it's my imagination (or my improved diet) but I believe there has been a noticable improvement in the clairity of my skin and it's texture. It is rather costly, but I will continue to purchase for as long as it works for me. I would recommend this product for those with sensitive skin, but would suggest you go to your nearest Sephora's and sample it first. Or order it from QVC, where you can return it if you're not happy.

on 11/28/2009 5:54:00 PM

This is a great cleanser.

Adore the scent. Gets the job done. Non-drying (but I have combo skin).

Was surprised by the negative reviews. Don't know what there is not to like, it's a pleasant smelling non-specialty cleanser . . . has no exotic claims or hyperbole, to my knowledge.

I give it only 4 lippies because unless a cleanser's doing something really unique and extraordinary, most are pretty much the same . . . they go down the drain in 2 minutes, with your dollars.

I don't begrudge an expensive product, but this is just a very nice cleanser . . . nothing more, nothing less.

Delightful product, no complaints. If you want to indulge in a nice cleanser, this is a good choice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This 4 oz product came free with my Clarisonic. The first time it left a little red blood vessel above my lip which went away... so I didn't use it for awhile, it was so frightening. I tried it again and it makes my face tight, even though I rinse off in the shower. I don't recommend this.

on 3/25/2007 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have a sample of this Gentle Daily Wash - I've used it only 1x, but it left my skin feeling rather stripped (most foaming cleansers do that to me). I have normal / combo in summer / sensitive skin. May be better after a hot, humid summer day, but I doubt I'll even continue to use up the sample. My HG Cetaphil never lets me down.

on 12/27/2006 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser! I have very combination skin (very oily t-zone and dry cheeks) and I'm also acne prone. Even though this cleanser is expensive (4 oz. for $32) you only need the smallest amount to make it lather and clean your entire face. It leaves my skin clean without feeling too dry or tight. It also smells so yummy....like lavender!

Video Reviews & Tutorials