Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

2.8

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG/PPG-8/3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Silicone Quaternium-8, Saponins, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product is horrible please don't buy it, I just recently purchased a clarisonic and was given this wash with my purchase I used it for 1 day and the next day my face became swollen and tight later that day my face became itchy and dry, almost like a sunburn. I wish I would have read the reviews on this item prior to purchasing it. Now my skin is flaking and tingling, save your self the trouble because this is the wrist reaction I ever had.

Oh wow - this certainly isn't for sensitive skin - no way. The day before Valentines day, I used this for the first time and boy was that a mistake!

I feel like I have been badly burnt by the sun, the skin around my mouth is now dry and cracking, my neck is covered in what looks like a bad shaving rash together with pustules. It still stings, it is still red and swollen over a day and a half later! Even anti histamine hasn't dented this reaction. I have had reactions before to skin products but never like this. No fun for valentines date night at all because I can't put anything on my skin because of the discomfort.

I love Kate's goat cream but this is just a big no no for sensitive skin - so no, I don't recommend this for those with reactive skin at all!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I feel it does nothing. No clearing of pores, no calming of skin. I don't feel it is a good cleanser. I feel cetaphil is better and much cheaper.

on 6/6/2010 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. Iam a lavendarholic and the scent is perfect. What I dont like is the price. It doesnt seem like the pricepoint matches the ingredients. I love it though, so like a fool, I bend over and take it.

on 9/17/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like the smell to this cleanser - the way it's designed a lot came out at once - so be careful when using this. The results to this cleanser left my skin clean and normal feeling without the overdrying tightness on my skin. I didn't feel any dry spot. I would repurchase this again unless I start breaking out.

on 7/10/2008 12:09:00 AM

This is a lovely, foamy-enough wash for any skin type but it has one major drawback: it doesn't remove makeup very well. That's typical of a gentler wash, somehow the best makeup removing washes are the most stripping (w/ one exception, good 'ol Neutrogena face wash). Kate says it's a "one stop shop" for cleansing but it's not true. It is still a very nice wash that I will enjoy using until it's done. I love her Purify wash and that's coming from someone w/ dry skin prone to redness. I mainly use the gentle wash for simple morning cleansing and for that it works great. I'll use it in the p.m. before the Purify, just to get off MOST of the makeup first. I wouldn't buy it again but it does leave your skin feeling soft, clean and kind of pampered. I love the rest of Kate's line, though.