Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

3.8

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG/PPG-8/3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Silicone Quaternium-8, Saponins, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool.

on 2/2/2012 5:43:00 PM

Nice cleanser. Ive used it for a little while. I love how the gel is so concentrated and the fact that it is sulfate free yest lathers incredibly well is awesome! It gets skin reallllly clean. It's basically a no frills gel cleanser for all skin types but especially those who are prone to dryness as this doesn't have sulfates. I never experienced any of the reactions people talk about and I'm pretty sensitive.

on 1/7/2011 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I had been using Philosophy's "Purity Made Simple" for about 4 years, and while I was very pleased with it and found it did a good job cleansing my skin, I think my skin eventually just got immune to it and just needed something different (if that's even possible). About two weeks ago I received a sample of this cleanser and decided to give it a try with my Clairisonic. WOW! I'm very impressed! I do have sensitive skin, and I don't think it dried me out at all. It left my skin feeling very soft and clean, and not at all tight. The scent is light and not offending at all. The twist top does dispense product way to quickly, and since this cleanser lathers so beautifully, you just don't need to use a lot (a little goes a long way). I'm also not sure if it's my imagination (or my improved diet) but I believe there has been a noticable improvement in the clairity of my skin and it's texture. It is rather costly, but I will continue to purchase for as long as it works for me. I would recommend this product for those with sensitive skin, but would suggest you go to your nearest Sephora's and sample it first. Or order it from QVC, where you can return it if you're not happy.

on 7/8/2007 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ugh. I so wanted to love this product. I have been to Kate's clinic for a facial (which was heavenly) and was talked into purchasing the Goat's Milk Cream (it's okay) and Enzyme Scrub Mask (which is genius and an HG product for me). I love her philosophy of "building up the skin" instead of breaking it down with harsh chemicals. Anyway, after I ran out of my Yon-ka Gel Nettoyant Cleanser which has been my boring but reliable mainstay for three years now, I purchased the Gentle Daily Wash. I thought it would be perfect for my sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. Well. After two days I developed an angry red, eczema-like rash from the sides of my nose and down to my chin (like marionette lines). Also, I noticed tiny red bumps and flaking skin on my ear lobes. I tried it for a few more days, thinking it was something else, and it got progressively worse. I ran out and bought some Cetaphil to try and balance out the harshness of this product and it's slowly coming around but I'm very frustrated with the results. I really hate paying $32 for a product that I will literally never touch again.
I also find the lavender fragrance way too strong but was willing to deal if the results were worth it. Alas, they are not...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I bought this in a "try me kit" in a small sample tube. I actually enjoyed washing my face because of the divine lavender smell(I love that scent!). It doesn't lather but it does clean without making my skin feel tight. I would repurchase this.

on 12/27/2006 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser! I have very combination skin (very oily t-zone and dry cheeks) and I'm also acne prone. Even though this cleanser is expensive (4 oz. for $32) you only need the smallest amount to make it lather and clean your entire face. It leaves my skin clean without feeling too dry or tight. It also smells so yummy....like lavender!