Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

Filtered by skin type : Other
Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

2.7

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG/PPG-8/3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Silicone Quaternium-8, Saponins, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool.

on 12/10/2012 10:17:00 PM

Considering how difficult it is to find a good basic cleanser these days, I'm hesitant to criticize this one too much. This is a nice basic gel which removes makeup and sunblock really well but is drying in the winter. Not to the point of peeling skin but it definitely causes tightness. It has a nice lavender scent which relaxes me after work. The tube is inconvenient in the bathroom, but ironically travels better than a pump.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is just an okay cleanser. It's pretty basic and not really something you want to use if you have dry skin, despite the gentle name. If it wasn't $32 it might be worth rebuying but for $20 you can get something better at Clarins or given how basic is it you might as well buy something at the drugstore for less than $10. I also hate the packaging, it has one of the tops the twists open and the product ends up leaking out making a mess.

on 9/24/2011 7:46:00 AM

Eh. Just okay. I like the scent, but it didn't lather as much as I would like - and I use it with my clarisonic. I think you can find much better cleansers out there for a cheaper price.

This was just okay,it makes my face feel really tight afterwards which i dont enjoy..SO has used it and says the same thing,it did do a great job cleansing,i wish it foamed or lathered though..will not repurchase,ill stick with my purity.

on 6/7/2008 2:07:00 AM

I wish this wasn't so great for me because of the price but it is my new HG wash. My skin gets sensitized really easily by cleansers and I had switched to oil cleansers to keep my skin happy. I am really a sudsy detergent clean wash girl though so the KS was a great discovery. I have tried 15+ non-oil cleansers trying to find one I could use this every day without stripping my skin and get the bubbly clean I prefer. Gentle Daily wash ends the search. This might not be worth it for everyone at $32 but I will repurchase. Minor annoyance, I wish it had a flip top, mine leaks a little and at this price I don't want my bathroom counter to get any of it! EDIT - After a few months this made my skin look dull. Add that to the fact I had poor experiences with KS customer service twice now so I decided not to keep purchasing this.

on 4/7/2007 12:55:00 PM

I hate to down the rating but I had higher expectations for this cleanser for Sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin with mild Rosacea (pinkness in skintone) and thought this would be good to try. Granted it's sulfate free, but there are a few ingredients in this that are *not good* for sensitive skin. Mainly, Bergamot oil and lavender oil. For some, they can cause dermatitis or skin reactions. Though the gel is light, the fragrance of the lavender is overpowering, and also I think the Bergamot irritated my skin. My skin was a little more red after cleansing and shortly after. Very disappointing. Used twice and put it with my "dud" cleansers.

I saw Kate Sommerville listed in Allure and that's why I bought it. On the flip side, Christine Chin Spa in NYC was also listed in Allure as being a top facialist and having skincare. Low and behold, I talked to the staff (Theresa) at Christine Chin and bought some travel size products to try. The Sensitive Cleansing gel is also sulfate free, and very soothing. It has many calming ingredients in the formulation too - green tea, panthenol, sea whip, and licorice. I've used twice and my skin loves it!! It does have lavender listed in the ingredients toward the bottom, but honestly you can't really smell it and it's not irritating. See my review on it - totally recommend!!