Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

3.0

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG/PPG-8/3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Silicone Quaternium-8, Saponins, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool.

on 12/10/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this along with my purchase of a clarisonic. It isn't a brand I would be interested in because the founder just seems to be full of fluff and hot air. The product is harsh and drying not gentle at all.

I received a tester of this product and broke out very badly... Swollen eyes, red rash with pistoles around my nose, cheeks and chin and an itchy rash going down my neck. My face also felt bumpy/rough and it was red. I was really wanting to like this product as I loved the feeling at the time and it smells lovely. In still waiting for my rash to go and I will not ever buy this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product is horrible please don't buy it, I just recently purchased a clarisonic and was given this wash with my purchase I used it for 1 day and the next day my face became swollen and tight later that day my face became itchy and dry, almost like a sunburn. I wish I would have read the reviews on this item prior to purchasing it. Now my skin is flaking and tingling, save your self the trouble because this is the wrist reaction I ever had.

Oh wow - this certainly isn't for sensitive skin - no way. The day before Valentines day, I used this for the first time and boy was that a mistake!

I feel like I have been badly burnt by the sun, the skin around my mouth is now dry and cracking, my neck is covered in what looks like a bad shaving rash together with pustules. It still stings, it is still red and swollen over a day and a half later! Even anti histamine hasn't dented this reaction. I have had reactions before to skin products but never like this. No fun for valentines date night at all because I can't put anything on my skin because of the discomfort.

I love Kate's goat cream but this is just a big no no for sensitive skin - so no, I don't recommend this for those with reactive skin at all!

on 4/12/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I want to love this products but I cant!
My skin has been breaking out in red spots that looks like acne after only 1 day off using this product.
Ive never had this problem with my dermalogica products but Ive heard so much nice things about Kates products I wanted to try something new.
I really hope my skin will get back to normal asap because I feel embarresed of how I look now!

on 1/18/2012 12:38:00 PM

I would not recommend any of Kate Somerville's products. I've been a Proactiv user for about 10 years. I have sensitive, combination skin. Proactiv has been pretty good to me all these years, but I noticed I was getting little breakouts under my chin. That's when I decided to give Kate Somerville a try.

I bought the kit at first and noticed improvements in the first week. I then ordered more product. Within a few days, my face totally broke out on my nose, chin, forehead and cheeks. That has NEVER happened to me before when I used Proactiv. When I was on Proactiv, I would get the occasional break out on the chin, but not all over my face!

I do not recommend any of her products for sensitive skin. It's been 2-3 weeks, and I'm back on Proactiv. My nose, cheeks and forehead are getting better. My chin on the other hand, is still struggling. I think it's trying to get rid of all that Kate Somerville crap that's already in my system.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This 4 oz product came free with my Clarisonic. The first time it left a little red blood vessel above my lip which went away... so I didn't use it for awhile, it was so frightening. I tried it again and it makes my face tight, even though I rinse off in the shower. I don't recommend this.

on 8/22/2009 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am always amused when a beauty expert claims to have created products to help solve problems with her sensitive skin. I've had sensitive skin my entire life, and this cleanser didn't help at all. In fact it is very drying; my skin didn't feel clean afterwards, and the lavender smell, while not unpleasant, is not neccesary. Adding fragrance to products that are supposed to be for sensitive skin does not make any sense. There are far better products out there, and most for a lot less money.

on 6/29/2009 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this cleanser in her discovery kit. I was really really hoping to love it. However, it almost ruined my skin. It made it dry and flakey, and for a girl who has never had a day of dry skin in her life, it was awful. My cheeks look like someone took a brillo pad to them. Very very dissapointed.

I'm a Dermalogica girl usually but recently I've seen quite a few mag articles etc about how great Kate Somerville products are and I fell for the "if Halle Berry uses it" theory and made my way over to the KS counter at Niemann Markus. The SA was nice enough to give me a lot of samples to try because the stuff is expensive. I used the gentle face wash 3 maybe 4 times and MAN was it a bad idea! The first time I used it, it stung my eyes (okay so not like Dermalogica's Ulta gentle sensitive skin wash at all) but it did a good job of removing make-up. It left my face a little 'tingly' which I thought was the lavender or whatever oil in the product. The next day I tried it again morning and evening BUT this time kept it out of my eyes. My skin felt a little 'raw' and the area around my lips felt a little sunburnt (weird for March in Virginia) so I stopped using it thinking it was over-drying my skin. A day later I woke up with the WORST case of hives / prickly heat that I have ever had! Seriously - fine little fluid filled bumps (look like small pimples) all around my nose, mouth, and eyebrows. My cheeks feel hot and prickly but no bumps. I had to take an anti-histamine and use hydrocortisone for two days to get rid of the rash. The only thing I changed in my routine was using this cleanser as I have sensitive skin and always introduce new products slowly. I have never had a reaction this bad or this aggressive to a cleanser before. Sensitive skin be warned! On top of this reaction, I also think $32 for 4 oz is a rip. Dermalogica costs the same but you get DOUBLE the amount of product in a leak-proof bottle. This will teach me to stray from Dermalogica!