Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash

3.0

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG/PPG-8/3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Silicone Quaternium-8, Saponins, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Limonene, Linalool.

This is a decent cleanser, but it's no appropriate for my combination skin. With prolonged daily use, I felt it really dried out my skin and compromised my moisture barrier, especially in combination with my regularly used exfoliating acids. And if I have to choose between a cleanser and my favorite exfoliating acids, I'm going with the acids. Ever since I backed off the foaming cleanser in favor of cream and oils/balms, it's been dandy.

on 3/31/2016 1:32:00 PM

on 12/10/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this along with my purchase of a clarisonic. It isn't a brand I would be interested in because the founder just seems to be full of fluff and hot air. The product is harsh and drying not gentle at all.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got small size of this when I purchased my Clarisonic Mia 2. I have sensitive skin and worry when I try something new, as it may break me out. But this product didn't and after I finished the sample I ended up buying the full size. I do like using the product with the Mia, but it's a bit pricey even though I don't use it everyday. And although it states you on need a small amount I find you need a tad bit more to get a good clean. I may or may not buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product is horrible please don't buy it, I just recently purchased a clarisonic and was given this wash with my purchase I used it for 1 day and the next day my face became swollen and tight later that day my face became itchy and dry, almost like a sunburn. I wish I would have read the reviews on this item prior to purchasing it. Now my skin is flaking and tingling, save your self the trouble because this is the wrist reaction I ever had.

I received a tester of this product and broke out very badly... Swollen eyes, red rash with pistoles around my nose, cheeks and chin and an itchy rash going down my neck. My face also felt bumpy/rough and it was red. I was really wanting to like this product as I loved the feeling at the time and it smells lovely. In still waiting for my rash to go and I will not ever buy this product.

on 6/11/2013 10:01:00 PM

I'm a bit shocked that this carries the 'gentle' label. My skin is combination, but goes through occasional bouts of excessive oil production. This cleanser stripped my skin to the point that it was uncomfortably dry and red (think afternoon at beach without sunblock). And, if you're like me with the random oil issues, you know that stripping the skin that severely will just exacerbate the oil problem. So, my uncomfortably dry skin and I will not continue to use. As a side note, the smell (lavender-ish) was a little off putting. I don't really like my face care items to be quite so strongly fragranced.

The sales lady gave me a 5-day sample because I was seeking something sulfate free. Initially, I thought it was fine and purchased an entire bottle. Turns out it is no different than purpose or cetsphil. I have combo, sensitive and acne-prone skin. I needed moisturizer after using and didn't think it so gentle for what I paid for. I am not going to buy this again, but this might work out for someone else.

Oh wow - this certainly isn't for sensitive skin - no way. The day before Valentines day, I used this for the first time and boy was that a mistake!

I feel like I have been badly burnt by the sun, the skin around my mouth is now dry and cracking, my neck is covered in what looks like a bad shaving rash together with pustules. It still stings, it is still red and swollen over a day and a half later! Even anti histamine hasn't dented this reaction. I have had reactions before to skin products but never like this. No fun for valentines date night at all because I can't put anything on my skin because of the discomfort.

I love Kate's goat cream but this is just a big no no for sensitive skin - so no, I don't recommend this for those with reactive skin at all!

on 8/10/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is a great facial wash but it's pretty expensive for what it is. It's chemical free and I love that but I have other facial washes that are chemical free and cruelty free that are far cheaper.

Nice wash and smells like lavender but I will not buy it again simply because its way too high for a face wash that is average.