NARS Deep Throat Blush and Striptease Lip Gloss Set

No Image

I don't have the set, only the blush, and it's a gorgeous blush. I now own 3 nars blushes and this is my favourite out of them, probably.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'll be blunt, the gloss sucks (I hate lipgloss in the first place so this worsened my hate) but I absolutely love the blush. It gives me such a pretty flush. I've been using this blush just about every day since I bought this set, and only a couple times since then I've worn another color. This is my go-to blush for now, until I run out (which will probably be never, this looks like it'll last forever!) I definitely want to try Orgasm soon enough.

on 1/6/2010 1:31:00 AM

After using the deep throat blush, it has become my favorite color and I will definitely repurchase. The color is not too dark and not too light, giving me a natural looking flush.
The gloss is okay, the consistency is fine, its non-sticky, but not my color at all.

on 12/27/2009 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a Xmas present. Love the blush. Works great for my skintone. Gloss on the other hand, it's ridiculously sticky and pale nude. I'll purchase the blush, but not the lipgloss.

on 12/22/2009 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I would definitely purchase the gloss again, because I have extremely pigmented red lips, I have tried many different brands and none of the gloss product would cover my red lips. For example, either light to medium pink gloss would make my pigmented lips redder or it would not show at all. The only way for me to cover my nature color is to wear lip stick or cover with concealer. since I have dry lips, neither lip stick nor concealer an ideal choice for me. Striptease is the ideal gloss for me, it cover my lip and give my lips a pink-pale shine, unlike other gloss would make my lip look brown or dirty orange. I
I would not purchase the blush again, because I do not find the blush color long lasting nor special.

Love the blush, indifferent on the lipgloss.

Deep Throat Blush:

I find myself reaching for this every day lately! I think in the month since I bought this, I've only used another blush two or three times. It looks incredibly natural on me and it's easy to control the amount of color and where. The few times I've wanted more shimmer, I layered powders on top and it worked perfectly (I've tried: Guerlain Meteorites in Pink Fresh, T. LeClerc loose powder in Banane and shu uemura Glow On Blush in Pearl Gold).

Striptease Lipgloss:

I probably wouldn't buy this on it's own so it's just not my color. It's good for what it is, a pearlized neutral. It was a little cooler in tone on than what I expected. I haven't tried layering it over a lip pencil, but I have a feeling I might use it more once if I ever do.

on 12/11/2009 4:10:00 PM

i only liked the deep throat blush. the gloss is gross. i love nudes but this makes my lips look so bad. the texture is so sticky and makes my lips look dry . i just dont like the consistensy of it. but i love the blush i have orgasim blush and i thought that one was just okay i like deep throat much better:) its very pretty!

on 12/11/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I found this set at TJ Maxx. I had to buy it since I have been lemming to try both and such a great deal. I agree with some of the reviews below that the blush is very similar to MAC Springsheen or even a lighter version of Orgasm which I like too but not a die hard fan of. I like and prefer the sheen from DeepThroat since on my skin its not so obtrusive or shiny. Its light with a pretty pink, peach sheen. Aside from the bad reviews of the lipgloss, I am a lover of the gloss. I have pigmented lips and I like the look when I layer it sparingly over MAC creme d'nude for me its the best nude gloss ever aside from the smell but it goes away. I haven't had any goopy, sticky problems only perfect nude lips that give that j.lo esque lip. I would re-purchase both products.

on 10/20/2009 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'll start out with the lip gloss since it's getting poor reviews. This is definitely not a gloss you want to slather on like you would most glosses. It looks ghastly and a lot like shiny concealer if you apply it "full force." However, dot it on sparingly and smooth it out on your lips with your finger and you'll get a great, sheer effect that utilizes the natural pigment of your lips and kind of adds a unique finish to it. It gives a glowy sheen that goes great with the blush. Consider using it over a stain!
Deep Throat is a classic peachy pink with micro-sparkles. It's a very wearable shade and probably my new favorite blush. Read the rest of the reviews for more info about the blush; I just wanted to defend the gloss a little!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well I found this set at TJMaxx so can't complain about that. The blush, Deep Throat, is a peachy pink, leaning more toward peach, making it a bit subtler than Orgasm on my cheeks. I like it, but it's very similar. The lipgloss is pretty meh. My lips are not extremely pigmented but this makes them look like they were snogging on vampires, and not in an appealing Edward Cullen way. I can do without looking like a corpse.