Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream

purified water, white petrolatum, sorbitol solution, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, ceteareth-20, simethicone, glyceryl monostearate, polyethylene glycol monostearate, sorbic acid and BHT

The only moisturizer that comes near my eczema and sensitive skin. It is non-greasy, helps dry flaky skin, and doesn't irritate any further if you have an active eczema area. It absorbs quickly and lasts. I think this stuff is a must have for anyone with sensitive skin.

The pump style dispenser is great until the last 10% of the bottle. Then you have to unscrew the lid to get to a fair bit of product. That's frustrating. And of course it costs more than your typical jergens/Neutrogena/etc moisturizer. But that's a small price to pay not to have burning, irritated skin.

This is great for the body. It doesn’t break me out and prevents itch. It is also very soothing after a cool shower. I don’t like it for my face. It doesn’t cause breakouts, but it makes my skin feel sort of dry. Also it forms a thick layer on the skin which is very uncomfortable! It also isnt very moisturizing. I personally do not like thick creams these days bc they are just so uncomfortable and heat-Inducing. Also just bc it’s thick doesn’t mean it’s moisturizing. I am guessing the simethicone has to due with the heaviness and dry feeling. I do give credit to the fact that it’s ph balanced. Although I am complaining I wouldn’t change the formula because it’s dependable when it comes to preventing rashes, diaper rash, and severe acne. This cream would be good for a baby that’s itchy and uncomfortable or someone who has a sweating problem. If you have dry skin, AVOID!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sometimes you just want a super basic, super heavy cream with no active ingredients in it to give your skin an overnight rest. This one is pretty good. The texture is unappealing in a subtle way that I can't quite put my finger on (I don't think it's the tackiness, because I love Aquaphor and Nivea Creme, both of which practically turn my face into a lint roller), but the results are nice, the packaging is great, and it's easy to work with. I like it more on my feet than I do on my face.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This moisturizer has a few good qualities, but ultimately I won't buy it again. I have super dry, sensitive skin, and while it was completely non-irritating, I found the texture hard to work with. It's a very thick cream that doesn't spread easily, so a fair amount of rubbing is involved. It also left an oddly tacky finish and was surprisingly un-moisturizing for such a heavy cream. It did not exacerbate my acne though, so it's possible people with less dry skin would like this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This defenetively clogs my pores. I wake up with a lot of pore congestion when I use this versus when I use the Vanicream Light version, which I love and use nightly over a serum or toner.

It's interesting that both this cream version and the light version have the same ingredients, just in different concentrations, which results in two textures: a thicker cream and a watery lotion. And JUST that makes one not clog my pores at all (vanicream light) and the other clog them (cream version).

This is very good at preventing water loss. My skin doesn't feel dry at all with it on. I would reccomend to anyone not acne prone because it's a very simple, non irritating moisturizer withouth fragrance or any major irritants that you can layer over your serums with actives.

I took a lippie off because it's too heavy for my acne prone, oily skin and its meant for all skin types so.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Background on my skin: oily, rosacea/acne prone, sensitive.

As you'd expect, this is much more hydrating than the "lite" version.

Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream is a very low thrill moisturizer. It doesn't have any actives. It's not going to get rid of your wrinkles or acne. But I have separate potent products formulated for that job. I just needed a moisturizer that would play nicely with chemical exfoliation without causing my acne to explode. I really like the lite version - but I can understand why a lot of people found it not nearly hydrating enough. This version is definitely heavier. This doesn't cause my skin to feel suffocated though like some thicker formulas do. I can tell a difference in my moisture barrier. And my rosacea has yet to complain.

If you want to wear this during day time id suggest only applying a very small amount. It takes quite a while to dry down fully (if at all). I find it hard to wear under my sunscreen, so I only apply before bed. Even without it being worn during the day time I can feel and see a visible difference in the suppleness of my skin.

I just bought my second bottle of Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream. It's my new HG. I have combo skin (oily t-zone, dry cheeks) with mild rosacea and sensitivity to harsh ingredients. Many moisturizers are simply too thick and greasy for my skin type. They leave me clogged and shiny. Vanicream was recommended by my dermatologist and it's perfect. Mild, non-irritating, and light-weight. The one downside? No SPF. Other than that, it's absolute perfection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using a lot of the Vanicream products lately, and I really like them. This cream is especially good as a body cream and hand cream. I had some eczema on the balms of my hands and this cleared it right up. I keep the tub with the pump in my bathroom, and I bought two of the 4 oz tubes - one for my purse and one for my bedroom. I wouldn't recommend using this on your face unless you're ultra dry, but for the rest of the body, it works wonders. It's especially nice for sensitive skin, which I have, as the ingredient list is fairly short. It's also free of fragrance and masking fragrance. For your hands, I recommend using it every time you get them wet. That's when I really started to see a difference.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I prefer this to any other cream, I liked it better than Cerave or Eucerin. Right now I'm just using this on my face, but it would work great for the body too. This doesn't break me out & keeps my skin soft. This also helps acne heal quickly! I've also used this on cuts I've gotten from being outdoors--I'll never be without this again, it's become an irreplaceable holy grail item

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It seems soothing for my sensitive skin. It's just kinda tough to absorb and I did notice some breakout activity in areas I'm not prone, cheeks and nose. I'll have to steer clear for that reason.