Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Midnight Fantasy

Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Midnight Fantasy

on 5/25/2016 12:20:00 AM

This is my HG scent! The perfect amount of berries and vanilla musk. Lasts all day long and you can get it on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $19.99! A definite steal of a deal! I always get compliments when wearing this scent.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own Chloe, Narcisco Rodriguez, Juicy Couture (Viva La Juciy), Torry Burch, Armani and this is the only fragrance that my boyfriend has commented on. He said "ohhh you smell so good, let me stay here so I can smell you". I was shocked! I have spent so much money on other perfumes and this is what he likes! At first I thought the smell was too powerful and cloying. You have to wait a little on this one though, give it a chance. Give it some time to develop and wait for the dry down. It was worth it for me. It's a very unique smell, unlike any of the others that I own, very sweet and not your usual flowery smell. It's great to have when you want something a little different. It smells like blueberries but with a mystery to it. At this price I will definitely repurchase! It's addicting in a way. I love it.

To Read all 296 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Got this as the 2 in one fantasy combo. While I loved the fantasy pink, I hated midnight fantasy! I'd force myself to spray it like maybe once or twice but it was always a mistake, there is a very strong synthetic sour candy smell (not in a make you wanna eat kind of way) and the worst part... it would always give the most ginormous headache every damn time. I just couldn't figure out what to do with it so I threw it out.

on 4/7/2016 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is definitely a darker fragrance. Upon first spritz, the plum is very obvious and it's combined with the tartness of sour blueberries. It later dries down to a creamier/sweeter vanilla base.

It's a night time scent, and reminds me of that one scene in the Leonardo DiCaprio The Great Gatsby film where he and Daisy sneak out into his garden to secretly make out while his party is going on, for some reason. Keywords/connotations would be: night, dark, passion, intoxication, juicy, seduction.

The packaging is absolutely gorgeous. The box is an iridescent deep blue and purple and the actual bottle is midnight blue, round and ever so slightly transparent. It has circular blue jewels encrusted on it and a small round stopper and a metallic purple textured neck. I guess you could probably just look on Google Images for this though.

Cons about it: the sillage is not very strong and it fades pretty quickly throughout the day, a maximum of 4 hours. I guess this would be alright if you were using it as a nighttime scent though. I probably would not repurchase it again, just because I'm wanting to explore other perfumes.

on 3/25/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have to say, I love love love this perfume! I have Chloe Love Story, Ralph Lauren Romance, Tory Burch and all those designers ones but this is my summer scent. It does so well with the chemistry of my skin - I get compliments all the time. It is not artificial smelling on me and leave a nice faint trail. I do florals for fall, winter and spring but I return to subtle sweet in the summer. It is humid in Charleston and it fit me perfectly.

I'm a huge Britney fan, but I wasn't a huge fan of the perfumes except for Cosmic Radiance, as most of them were strong gourmands and I didn't like that. Now my nose has evolved, and I find myself loving gourmands, and loving her Fantasy line. I have Fantasy, Island Fantasy, Rocker Femme Fantasy, and Midnight Fantasy, plus original Radiance (my fave, Cosmic Radiance, is long since gone). I'm probably going to treat myself to the Naughty Remix, Intimate Edition, and Maui Fantasy at some point in the future.

I don't dislike Midnight Fantasy. It does smell nice. However, I find myself drawn towards the other flankers more. I think it's because the notes smell a little juvenile on me, when I was expecting dark, sexy, and a little dirty, due to the "Midnight" in the name. What I get instead is a soft, soapy blueberry scent that is present in the top notes as well as in the drydown. At the base, after several hours, I get a hint of vanilla added to it. I'm guessing the framboise/cherry mix make the blueberry smell, and the musk/iris/freesia make it smell soapy. It reminds me of the VO5 Blueberries and Cream shampoo and conditioner I used as a preteen (and probably reviewed here, lol), which is probably why I feel this is a bit juvenile. Very mild, not offensive at all. The original Fantasy is a little more complex, and dries down to a nice woodsy vanilla, despite being more obviously candylike at the start; this is why I think the original is a bit more "adult".

Lasting power is decent for such an inexpensive perfume--about 5-6 hours. I think I paid around $15 at TJMaxx for the 100 mL bottle. Sillage is low, very much a skin scent. The dark blue bottle is very lovely; definitely going to keep this one after the juice is gone. I'm going to enjoy it for the time being, but I won't repurchase.

I recommend Rocker Femme Fantasy if you are really into sweet scents, and Island Fantasy if you like fresh/light scents. Cosmic Radiance is probably her best fragrance, but it's a really powerful white floral, which not everyone likes.

on 1/31/2016 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I always get compliments from guys when I wear this. To me it smells like a very tart blueberry with a warm vanilla base. It's very strong - just one spray is enough and lasts all day. I prefer the original fantasy as I find this one has a somewhat 'soapy' smell to it though...and funnily enough the other week someone complimented me whilst wearing this and said I smelt of "nice shampoo". Still, I find it nice and a good autumn/winter scent.

I have repurchased this a few times over the years. When it was first released it was one of my favourites I preferred it over the originally "Fantasy". Not so overly sweet or the vanilla fragrance. My last bottle I bought I was 19 (23 now) it was on special. I believe I ended up throwing it out because it ended up collecting dust in my room. I did recommend it. It's a nice smelling perfume. Just too sweet for me and my scents have changed over the years I was once a avid perfume collector I would wear perfume every day without fail but for some reason now I get headaches from certain perfumes so now I wore perfume on special occasions (dinners, going out)

This is a very sweet and fruity perfume. It has a very strong berry scent and is very sweet, but lacks the strong vanilla scent of the original Fantasy. It is a very strong fragrance and it has good staying power. The bottle is gorgeous and the diamante crystals don't fall off it, which shows that it really is good quality. I do enjoy this scent, I am on my second bottle of it. I started wearing it in high school when I was around 17 but now I am 21, I don't find myself attracted to it as much as I once was. It is a very young fragrance and I would recommend it to any teenagers or high-schoolers however, I feel that I have now outgrown it and that is the only reason I will not repurchase. I do love the Fantasy range of perfumes though, particularly the original. A good quality product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Clear, thick, smooth and syrupy. The plum and cherry notes blend together wonderfully to a mixture that reminds me of sugared berries or grapes. I was scared that Midnight Fantasy would smell very sour because of the cherry and plum, but this is not the case at all, I think it smells delicious! This is a great perfume for winter and autumn evenings.

There is some sourness when worn in hot weather, but it's not supposed to be a summer scent anyway. The sweetness is very different from the other Fantasies, it's a bit richer and darker, I love that about MF. Out of all the BS fragrances I own, MF is my favourite. It's very fruity and juicy. I can't smell the vanilla at all.

It easily lasts 12 hours and like most fragrances in the Fantasy line this is also very heavy and rich. I feel like more than 3 sprays of this might suffocate people around you. Use sparingly. This one is also very affordable.

Popular Fragrances