Chanel Madness

No Image

4.6

on 9/9/2011 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I LOVE Chanel Madness, mostly because I'm a complete junkie for Chanel Polishes, but the color itself is SO perfect for fall.

Madness is a nice saturated brown, that has slighty maroon/brick undertones, but still pulls mostly brown. What I love, is that it doesn't appear "blackened" after 2 coats like many rich browns can, and the slight deep red undertones make it more versatile for pretty much all skintones. Applies well, isn't streaky, perfect consistency and fabulous wear. Not entirely unique shade wise,but a nice addition to my stash, and a shade that I do love wearing once the cooler months start approaching. It's a great color when you want something timeless, sophisticated, rich, but not "vampy". Overall, a great polish. continued >>

on 10/26/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This color is my other dark Chanel (Blue Satin is the other) and they rival one another for my favorite polish. I love the color on my short nails, and it lasts fairly long. I wear it mostly in fall and winter and think it is a very sophisticated color (very dark maroon with a chocolate undertone). The packaging is excellent and I expect to own it for a long time. I will repurchase if need be, and long for the nostalgic cost of $18 when I first bought it.

on 6/7/2009 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my very favorite nail polish. When I am not wearing a natural shade of polish, I wear reds. This is the perfect red for a classic vampy look. I am almost hesitant to use the word "red" to describe the shade, as the element of brown is so salient. It does occupy a space in the red family, but it is a very muddy, dark red. It is a rich and complex shade, unlike any color I've been able to find. It is sophisticated while maintaining a clear edginess. It seems to have about average wearability. I would like it to be a bit more resilient, but I can forgive that flaw in return for an amazing color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Marvellous, classy colour. I love dark colours, and I bought this when it was first introduced although I was unconvinced. I wore it once or twice, then left it alone, until this week when I was testing all my colours on scales with my sons to see which worked, which looked old-fashioned. This colour rated a 9 with the boys. And I agree. It's a great change from the blackened colours that I own from Chanel and OPI - and I could wear it to business meetings comfortably. It is classy, glossy, very easy to apply, and is hi-gloss. I am finding it has good lasting power, although no polishes last long on me. I use Christion Dior Ridge Filler 500 for the base, Seche Vite quick dry Top Coat on top and I find the combination to work although I do get shrinkage with the Seche Vite and chipping no matter what on my left pinkie due to my typing on the keyboard (I am a writer by trade). I also wear my nails longer (hate the short nails, makes my hands look stubby) and the colour is great on them. Very elegant.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful, chic plummy chocolate. This beats Rouge Noir for me, it's just the perfect deep deep colour because of how complex it is. It looks brown under sunlight, deep berry in the empty part of the bottle, pretty dark indoors, but it couldn't be mistaken for a black. Consistency and wear great as always, though my problem with chanel polishes is that they get dense very quickly.

on 10/26/2008 12:11:00 PM

I really like this nailpolish. I love dark colors and I also like red - this is a really amazing mix of both. I keep on wearing it all the time, it's so amazing. I bought some extra bottles today - just to be sure I could keep on wearing it for a long time :D

The thing about Madness is the colour - a truly exquisite dark brown with hints of burgundy. It is perfect for achieving that very understated Parisian 'very short and very dark nails' look - it makes your hands look elegant and finished without even the slightest hint of Goth.
There are a few drawbacks though. Like many of Chanel's polishes it's difficult to apply and somehow I always seem to end up with some streaking. Another problem is that it's not particularly long-lasting - usually it only takes a day before the first chips appear.

As the colour really is extraordinary I will buy it again - unless Bourjois comes up with a similar colour...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

OMG. So to tell you the truth I only have this on my thumb. I tried it yesterday at a counter and after thinking about it all night i HAD TO GET IT. I tried a single coat on my thumb and was thoroughly suprised. First, I can never apply nail polish. My hands are typically much to shaky. However, with this polish I applied it absolutely PERFECTLY. Second, NO STREAKS. It went on in such a pretty brown with ONE coat. AMAZING. Third, I absolutely LOVE this brown. More than OPI's "Suzi says Da!" It's absolutely gorgeous! Move over Vamp, there's a new Chanel in town!

on 8/7/2007 10:17:00 PM

I received this polish from a very sweet MUAer. Madness is a lovely dark chocolate brown (not blackened, though it can look that way if the lighting is right). It's very glossy, rich, and well-pigmented. What I really like about the colour is that it's a warmed-up brown, with subtle tones of redness in it. Some browns are more greyed, or more true, and I think the warm brown suits my warm skintone well.

My only complaints are that I don't like the Chanel brush, which makes application tricky for me, and that it doesn't last well. I used it with my favourite base and top coats (Orly Bonder base coat, Seche Vite top coat on my left hand and Poshe top coat on my right) and there was definite tipwear by the 2nd day, and chippage by day 3. Almost all other polishes last a lot better than this on me with my base/top coat combo, so I'm not thrilled with this performance. The 4-lippie rating is mostly for the colour and pigmentation. I doubt I'd buy this if I run out, but I will enjoy using the bottle I have!

Pics:Nails 1Nails 2 continued >>

on 5/29/2007 3:25:00 AM

the verdict is still out on this polish. note: the color in the bottle nearly gave me a heart attack since it was so light but luckily it's darker when applied. however i have a beef w/ the tiny brush. for $18 bucks, i just expect a bit more.

and so far i've only tried it (two coats) on my hand. it was streaky but then again, i wasn't at my best in the application. *sigh* maybe it'll look better on my feet. *shrugs* for the amount of money spent and the brand reputation, i'm will to try this product again.

another note: it made my hands look "old" for some reason. could be that they're tan. who knows...

Popular Polishes