MAC Cosmetics Trend Maker 4

No Image

1 review

***THIS REVIEW CONTAINS PICTURES, CLICK 'CONTINUED TO VIEW***

I actually quite like this product. It's a small palette with a geometric purple, silver and brown design on the cover. It opens through a little catch that you press and closes tightly. There's a mirror inside and 4 separate wells of product: Plumful lipstick, Mod-de-Mauve gloss, Dreamy gloss and Shell cream colour base with a small lipbrush (316SE). The palette is sturdy and feels well made but is not heavy and is a great size to carry around - i always leave it in my MU bag.

My individual reviews for the products:
Plumful lipstick: This is a lustre and goes on the lips smoothly to give a slight plummy, berry tint. It goes well with most looks and i really like it. It's in the permanent range, so i expect to repurchase when i finish this.

Mod-de-Mauve l/g: This isn't mauve at all; it's a mid-tone pink that makes my lips look plush and just slightly glossy. I find the glosses in this palette much less sticky than the tube ones but still have great staying power. I find myself using this quite a bit.

Dreamy l/g: This is a creamy vanilla shade which goes well with Plumful to mute the colour, or works well for nude lips. It's not a must have for me (because i usually don't do nude lips), but it's not terrible either.

Shell CCB: I was a bit disappointed by this. I expected it to have a very creamy and smooth texture so i could use it as an e/s base like i do for my other CCB (Soft Mode in Y&Kei lookbook). Instead, it's not as thick and is much sheerer, plus the shimmer particles are more obvious. It would probably work well on lips or on cheekbones, though.

316SE: I didn't really like this brush. I found it a bit too small and the bristles were a little too stiff to pick up and apply the lipstick well, though the glosses were ok. I prefer to use a separate lipbrush which picks up and distributes colour better. Also, after using it, any remaining product tends to get stuck in the brush well unless you clean it before - i would really prefer a covered lipbrush.

Overall, this isn't a bad lip palette, and it's nice to keep in your bag because you can create several looks quickly. My faves are really Plumful and Mod-de-Mauve, and the packaging is great. I would probably repurchase.

continued >>