L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream

L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream

4.1

on 8/20/2016 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a long time user of L'Occitane's Hand Cream so when I saw set with the hand cream and foot cream I gave it a try. After using it for a while I have to say that it's an ok product, it does moisturize my feet, the smell is a bit strong for my taste but I can live with it, but there are certainly better, much more affordable foot creams available that do the same job for me. I think the 20% shea hand cream is definitely more effective and therefore somewhat justifies its high price tag. Both products come in a metal tube which I find really annoying, even with very careful daily handling, the tube starts cracking when it is about halfway empty, the product then starts oozing out of the tiny side tears of the metal tube. These tears can also be quite sharp. In addition, the plastic screw top is tiny and cumbersome to put on and off. This kind of "old-fashioned" packaging may look appealing to some, but I simply find it very impractical and unfortunate that the company sticks to this kind of tube material despite many reviews that clearly express their dislike for it. Overall, I will continue to buy the hand cream despite the packaging issues, but not the foot cream.

I got this as part of a gift set at Christmas and have only just gotten around to using it. As foot creams go it's okay, but I certainly don't think it's worth the £19.00 price tag.

It has a very distinct smell - the most powerful of which is lavender which I can't abide - and mixed together gives off a very pungent herbal smell which lingers for a l-o-n-g time after application.

I usually apply this in quite a thick layer all over my feet before putting on some cotton moisturising socks. It does seem to moisturise my feet, but I haven't really noticed any improvement in the hard skin on my heels or the balls of my feet (under my big toe). I was probably expecting too much, but given the rave reviews of it across the 'net I was expecting something pretty impressive.

Once my current tube has run out (one of those annoying metal ones by the way, which are practically impossible to use once your hands are even slightly wet or greasy) I won't be repurchasing. The Body Shop do some pretty good foot products for a fraction of the price and the majority of theirs smell like peppermint, which I much prefer.

To Read all 100 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/29/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foot cream is amazing! The lavender scent is comforting and the cream absorbs quickly and easily (it's not as thick as the hand cream). I put it on at night and the cream sinks in within a few minutes (I rub the "extra" on my elbows). I use the large tube with a tube key and this makes it easy to extract all of the cream from the tube. I started with a freebie 10ml tube and rushed out to buy a full-sized tube once it was finished. Definitely my HG foot cream!

on 1/13/2015 8:11:00 PM

This product really lives up to its hype. 3 uses and my feet were very soft. The price is a little off putting, but a little bit goes a long way and it's a large tube of lotion.

on 6/10/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Fab cream for very dry feet. I'm standing up most of the day at work, and the arnica takes away all the heaviness and aches in my feet. I find it sinks in quickly leaving no greasy residue. It's great at hydrating very dry skin. It's just the right consistency for foot massages. Of course the packaging is impractical.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A huge fan of the L'Occitane products in general, this foot cream does what it says pretty much like all their products.

With 15% Shea Butter, it nourishes & keeps feet feeling smooth & moisturised for the day but I do think it could have more shea butter to up the moisturising effect.

I actually purchased the foot cream in error, having thought it was the hand cream but I do like it alot. I had purchased pure unrefined shea butter which I whipped up into a cream, added some essential oils & I prefer to use that on my feet but this was a welcome surprise.

Highly recommended for extreme dry skin sufferers. Perfect gift.

on 4/16/2013 3:06:00 AM

With 15% shea butter, the cream feels moisturizing and nourishing enough, but it's not very emollient. That makes it absorb rather quickly, but at the same time prevents it from being the pinnacle of foot solutions for extremely dry skin.

The herbal/lavender scents stays on with additional effect of improved microcirculation and slight tingling procured by essential oils. That is fine on my foot, but left my hands red and irritated. And yes, I do need to use my hands to apply foot cream.

What is a deal breaker for me is polyacrylamide and propylene glycol among the (supposedly) natural ingredients. I won't buy again for my sensitive skin, but if you are on search for a decent foot cream and don't mind the price tag, go ahead and give L'occitane a try - it even comes in travel size.

on 2/5/2013 3:50:00 PM

I like the scent of this foot cream more than anything. It has a spicy, natural smell that is very nice. However, I do not think this is the most effective foot cream, especially considering its price. I have used both the foot and the hand cream on my feet and I do not see much improvement. It conditions my feet, but does not really get rid of the roughness. There is only 15% shea butter in this, so I think the the formula itself is not very strong. I think the 100% pure shea butter by L'Occitane is much more effective for dry feet.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've been using foot cream every night before bed for as long as I can remember, so I've tried many foot creams out there. There's really not one foot cream that I thought was bad, I really have enjoyed them all. But, I do especially love the silky texture of this one! It feels decadent. I would definitely repurchase.

I always apply after my shower, and then immediately put socks on for at least 10 minutes, so I don't have an issue with greasiness or slipperiness.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice, non greasy foot cream that is easily absorbed into the skin. I like the lavender fragrance too, its quite soothing. It does moisturise my feet but I feel that its too expensive for the quantity. I would like to try out some more foot creams before I repurchase this one.