Cover Girl Outlast Wine-to-Five

Cover Girl Outlast Wine-to-Five

4.5

I was surprised about this product. I'd used CG Outlast lippies in the past, and had sever crackling and flaking, so I don't know if they changed their formula over the years or what, but this one is pretty good. This is a berry-wine color... not too dark, but definitely noticeable. (I have naturally pink lips and usually wear light pink or peach colors, so this is a bit of a departure.)

I put this on at 1PM, ate lunch, and then ate dinner, and it didn't budge. I did notice that towards the inside of my lips, the color did fade a bit, but it wasn't too bad. And -- there was no flaking or peeling at all, which was great!

This didn't come off until I removed it with the Almay makeup remover pads (the oily ones that remove even waterproof mascara). My lips didn't feel dry or chapped after I removed it, which I was pleased about.

I did take off one lippie because the color is a bit dull without the clear coat on top, and the clear coat had to keep getting reapplied (I think each application only lasted like 15 minutes, especially since I drink a lot of water throughout the day), so that was a bit annoying.

But overall, I would repurchase again. I just wish that the Outlast line had more wearable colors, and it was easier to pick a color. For reference, I am NC25 with dark hair and eyes. continued >>

on 12/21/2006 2:08:00 AM

My most favorite Outlast ever! This shade is a true matte without the top coat and love it that way! The only one I like without it, so far. CG lists it as a cool on their website, but I'd have guessed neutral myself. A subdued red with brown undertones that is a perfect shade for work, but still has some oomph to it. I love that it isn't very dark. CG's Oultast Smoothwear in Wine Satin is a bit darker than this shade, but this one is more on the red/brown-ish wine color while the Smoothwear seems a more true wine. I prefer Wine-to-five, which has become my HG! I'd give it more lippies if I could because it beats the others I've rated as 5.

Popular Lipsticks