MAC Cremestick Liner - Red Enriched

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

on 7/12/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I wanted a deep red liner that I could pair with deep red lipsticks.

I ordered "Red Enriched" from the MAC site after reading the liner's reviews on this site.

"Red Enriched" turned out to be *exactly* what I wanted: a deep, ever so slightly wine-ish red. Since the MAC site describes the color of "Red Enriched" as "auburn," I was a little nervous that it would turn out to be too brown for me.

Not so! I would describe "Red Enriched" as "burgundy red." I think it would look great on a wide variety of skin tones.

I've tried it with "Russian Red" lipstick,and it works beautifully. "Red Enriched" looks like an almost perfect match to my beloved "Rapturous" Mattene, as well.

"Red Enriched" has an extremely fine point, glides on smoothly and stays put.

At $14 USD, this liner is not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive, either, especially for this level of quality.

I hear that deep red lips will be the Next Big Thing in fall of 2008, so if you can and want to do that look, I strongly suggest that you check this liner out. This is one I may actually use up and when/if I do, I'll gladly repurchase.
NOTE, DECEMBER 2009: I gave a good friend a Red Enriched liner as part of her Christmas present, just because I thought she "needed" it.

She's CRAZY about it; she wears it all over her lips, with a dab of clear gloss on top, and it's a beautiful reddish burgundy. She's wearing it daily, so I'm glad it's a permanent item!

No lover of red should be without this one, period. continued >>

this is a great liner to go with my Russian Red lipstick. it lasts a long time and goes on smoothly...overall a good liner but I think it's way too overpriced. It's just lipliner, which I rarely use other than for red lips! I wish I would have just gotten something from Maybelline or L'Oreal but for MAC i love it!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i love the colour, but this isn't nearly as velvety as mac claims it is. seems to me that the cremestick liners are really dry...