MAC Cremestick Liner - Red Enriched

No Image

4.5

on 3/7/2013 8:31:00 PM

This is my HG red liner. I used to use Brick and Cherry, but the drier pencil formulas were harder to use, and I hated sharpening them. Red Enriched is the Cremestick formula, which is the twist-up pencil style. This is a true, medium to deep red. I wear it with Russian Red, Chili, Dubonnet, Rockocco... any MAC reds - it looks amazing and keeps them from feathering.

on 7/12/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I wanted a deep red liner that I could pair with deep red lipsticks.

I ordered "Red Enriched" from the MAC site after reading the liner's reviews on this site.

"Red Enriched" turned out to be *exactly* what I wanted: a deep, ever so slightly wine-ish red. Since the MAC site describes the color of "Red Enriched" as "auburn," I was a little nervous that it would turn out to be too brown for me.

Not so! I would describe "Red Enriched" as "burgundy red." I think it would look great on a wide variety of skin tones.

I've tried it with "Russian Red" lipstick,and it works beautifully. "Red Enriched" looks like an almost perfect match to my beloved "Rapturous" Mattene, as well.

"Red Enriched" has an extremely fine point, glides on smoothly and stays put.

At $14 USD, this liner is not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive, either, especially for this level of quality.

I hear that deep red lips will be the Next Big Thing in fall of 2008, so if you can and want to do that look, I strongly suggest that you check this liner out. This is one I may actually use up and when/if I do, I'll gladly repurchase.
NOTE, DECEMBER 2009: I gave a good friend a Red Enriched liner as part of her Christmas present, just because I thought she "needed" it.

She's CRAZY about it; she wears it all over her lips, with a dab of clear gloss on top, and it's a beautiful reddish burgundy. She's wearing it daily, so I'm glad it's a permanent item!

No lover of red should be without this one, period. continued >>

on 4/21/2007 10:58:00 PM

I love this liner!!! It's a great deeper red with no coral or pink tones to it. I believe that it could be used with a more burgandy toned red as well. This is not a bright red liner, but a more deeper tone. Great staying power in my opinion, and I have had no breakage or bleeding issues with this. Love these...

on 12/18/2006 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a lip liner in a creamy twist up stick form. It is just as thin and precise as a normal lip pencil. It is super easy to apply and great blendability to avoid the intense and obvious line problems. The color is a deep and rich red with a little tad of burgundy to it. If you were dissapointed by MAC's Redd lip pencil because it did not provide a deep true red, this will be the lip pencil for you. This color is for the true matte reds, no orange bases. A classic and mature red.

I personally think it is a wonderful color and product, but I would probably never use it because I do not wear true reds often, if ever. Therefore I would not repurchase.

on 12/2/2009 12:40:00 PM

I use this to line all my red lips. My HG red lipstick is Lady Bug and this matches it quite well and I use it to fill it in my lips. Creamy and easy to apply! Not drying like the regular pencils.

on 6/10/2008 6:38:00 PM

I love this liner. I think it goes on well and stays on. I pair is with "Spice It Up" or "Port Red." This is very close in color to the Brick Lipliner.

This was very, very dry and uncomfortable on my lips. It didn't show up too well, either, and I have very non-pigmented lips!! I swatched it on my hand, and it hardly showed up.

It stayed on for a long, long time, but it's not worth the price. PLUS, it wasn't creamy AT ALL, but I love retractable pencils way better than the ones you sharpen. Still, the product inside just didn't do it for me. Sorry MAC.

on 7/13/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

the color on this is okay but i like the plain pencils a bit better i think. it has an orange undertone. the cap of mine broke off so i took one point off for packaging. it is good that this product counts for the recycle program but again i'd just as well use the regular lip pencils.

on 3/4/2011 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the mac cremestick liners, theyre so easy to use and they dont tug at your lips when applying it just glides straight on. theyre also very pigmented and last ages. i really wanted a deep red shade because i like deep red lipsticks personally, and i found that other red lipliners were way too bright so i was sceptical about this one. But it is exactly as described. its the perfect shade for a nice deep red lipstick i would definately buy this product again, ive never found a shade so perfect. the only downside about cremstick liners is that the amount of product you get isnt alot so if you use it regularly your likely to run out quite soon

I needed a red liner for my red lippies and bought this one cos I LOVE MAC's cremesticks and I'm very very happy. Cremesticks are very soft, easy to use and very pigmented and long lasting.