MAC Cremestick Liner - Red Enriched

4.5

on 12/18/2006 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a lip liner in a creamy twist up stick form. It is just as thin and precise as a normal lip pencil. It is super easy to apply and great blendability to avoid the intense and obvious line problems. The color is a deep and rich red with a little tad of burgundy to it. If you were dissapointed by MAC's Redd lip pencil because it did not provide a deep true red, this will be the lip pencil for you. This color is for the true matte reds, no orange bases. A classic and mature red.

I personally think it is a wonderful color and product, but I would probably never use it because I do not wear true reds often, if ever. Therefore I would not repurchase.

on 4/21/2007 10:58:00 PM

I love this liner!!! It's a great deeper red with no coral or pink tones to it. I believe that it could be used with a more burgandy toned red as well. This is not a bright red liner, but a more deeper tone. Great staying power in my opinion, and I have had no breakage or bleeding issues with this. Love these...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i love the colour, but this isn't nearly as velvety as mac claims it is. seems to me that the cremestick liners are really dry...

this is a great liner to go with my Russian Red lipstick. it lasts a long time and goes on smoothly...overall a good liner but I think it's way too overpriced. It's just lipliner, which I rarely use other than for red lips! I wish I would have just gotten something from Maybelline or L'Oreal but for MAC i love it!

on 6/10/2008 6:38:00 PM

I love this liner. I think it goes on well and stays on. I pair is with "Spice It Up" or "Port Red." This is very close in color to the Brick Lipliner.

on 7/12/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I wanted a deep red liner that I could pair with deep red lipsticks.

I ordered "Red Enriched" from the MAC site after reading the liner's reviews on this site.

"Red Enriched" turned out to be *exactly* what I wanted: a deep, ever so slightly wine-ish red. Since the MAC site describes the color of "Red Enriched" as "auburn," I was a little nervous that it would turn out to be too brown for me.

Not so! I would describe "Red Enriched" as "burgundy red." I think it would look great on a wide variety of skin tones.

I've tried it with "Russian Red" lipstick,and it works beautifully. "Red Enriched" looks like an almost perfect match to my beloved "Rapturous" Mattene, as well.

"Red Enriched" has an extremely fine point, glides on smoothly and stays put.

At $14 USD, this liner is not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive, either, especially for this level of quality.

I hear that deep red lips will be the Next Big Thing in fall of 2008, so if you can and want to do that look, I strongly suggest that you check this liner out. This is one I may actually use up and when/if I do, I'll gladly repurchase.
NOTE, DECEMBER 2009: I gave a good friend a Red Enriched liner as part of her Christmas present, just because I thought she "needed" it.

She's CRAZY about it; she wears it all over her lips, with a dab of clear gloss on top, and it's a beautiful reddish burgundy. She's wearing it daily, so I'm glad it's a permanent item!

No lover of red should be without this one, period. continued >>

Best red lipliner i've ever used, matches perfectly with MAC's Viva Glam I lipstick! Definetly worth trying out if you like to wear the darker reds

on 2/21/2009 9:24:00 AM

I simply adore this liner. I is the perfect shade for the dark red lipsticks I prefer, plus I don't have to sharpen it. The only downside is that it doesn't have a really clean, angled edge to draw with, but for that I just take out my lip brush.

on 2/28/2009 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this creamy liner! Ive gone through three of this color already. I love this with Viva Glam VI l/s and l/g. Its a medium warm toned red. It is my go to with red lipsticks and makes my lipstick last super long.

I needed a red liner for my red lippies and bought this one cos I LOVE MAC's cremesticks and I'm very very happy. Cremesticks are very soft, easy to use and very pigmented and long lasting.