Denman Grooming Brush

No Image

4.5

on 4/4/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Brilliant grooming brush, excellent for back combing too. Not so great at detangling, but it is a grooming brush after all. I have the large and small handbag size. Compared to my Mason Pearson it almost performs as well, but doesn't have that luxurious feel. It is quite bulky & isn't heat resistant.

on 7/19/2011 10:57:00 AM

I got this hoping to dupe the $150 Mason Pearson, and while this is also not super cheap at $19 or so, it's certainly more in my price range.

I have long, fine hair, and lots of it, and while it's straight it has a tendency to wave a little and get VERY frizzy, especially in the summer. This brush does what countless anti-frizz serums have failed to do for me, and that is to take all that frizz down. I haven't been using it for long enough to say whether the natural bristles take the oil through, making the scalp less oily and the ends more moisturized, as is the claim, but I really like the effect it has on my hair. I don't own a straightener but the results are similar to when I've had it straightened.

I would imagine that if your hair is super curly and thick the brush wouldn't be able to get through it (the bristles are short and not as rigid as the plastic in a paddle brush), but for any other hair type I'd give it a try. :)

Popular Hair Styling Tools