Denman Grooming Brush

No Image

4.8

on 4/4/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Brilliant grooming brush, excellent for back combing too. Not so great at detangling, but it is a grooming brush after all. I have the large and small handbag size. Compared to my Mason Pearson it almost performs as well, but doesn't have that luxurious feel. It is quite bulky & isn't heat resistant.

on 8/23/2013 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I was first introduced to quality brushes with the Mason Pearson years ago which I have always loved. while looking for a less expensive alternative, I found the Denman brand, also produced in England. Years later, I own nearly all of them and there is nothing like it. They are inexpensive (under $20), last a VERY long time, and make such a difference in protecting your hair and promoting shine, softness, and detangling. Wonderful scalp reach, detangling without breakage, softness/shine. My favorite combs are stlll Cricket and the Conair Shower Detangler though. :)

EDIT...Update :
Denman D81 Grooming brush Review :
I absolutely loved this brush. Brushing my hair isnt a painful task anymore !!! yayy ! I've been using plastic hair brush my entire life so you can imgaine how this has taken me by surprise.

Also this made my hair a lot more healthy, less frizzy over the days. It distributes natural oils of the hair root to tip - so my hair looks a lot more healthy

This is a mixed nylon-boar bristle brush. The nylon bristle helps penetrate the hair, while the boar bristles tame my hair. I am told this is the best brush if you have thick, coarse hair. Boar bristles alone cant penetrate well if you have thick hair.

It is great for heat styling. I kinda run my little test- One side I blowdryed using my nylon bristle round brush and the opposite side I blow dryed using denman brush.

On the side I used nylon bristle one - good volume, a bit frizzy, a bit coarser to touch. Looked dry too.

On the side I used my denman - no volume (not a round brush,so), smooth to touch and super sleek !!

I am falling in love with all of these brushes :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I own one denman and I put an order for other one , I wanted to review both of these at once but I cant contain my excitement lol. I am soo impressed by the one I used so far.

The denman grooming brush that I used was :

Denman D91 Dressing Out Brush :
I am looking for a good quality teasing brush and we dont have sallys beauty supply in India so I was looking for boar bristle teasing brush. When I found this at local store it seemed identical- it essentially had the same design - three rows but 'Nylon' bristles. I couldn't seemed find a boar bristle brush so I ended up getting this. Plus it looked pretty in the purple color. So i got this for $4.99.

For Teasing - excellent,period. I mean I used to tease with my ordinary rat tail comb and I lose volume after 1 hour but with this one , the volume stayed out the entire evening.

For Taming Baby hair and flyaways - This part of it just blew me away. I have a lot of baby hairs - a lot of them really. I used the hairspray + toothbrush thing but that just felt icky and my scalp became oily very soon :(
This brush is awesome for taming the flyaways. I didnt even need hairspray. I just smooth out my baby hairs with this brush and they stay put. Without hairspray, it helps taming my baby hair for like a couple of hours. I think it would probably hold much longer if I used a hair spray.

I am so impressed with the quality that I ordered another brush from the same lime . Denman D81. I'll post a review as soon as it arrives.

on 7/19/2011 10:57:00 AM

I got this hoping to dupe the $150 Mason Pearson, and while this is also not super cheap at $19 or so, it's certainly more in my price range.

I have long, fine hair, and lots of it, and while it's straight it has a tendency to wave a little and get VERY frizzy, especially in the summer. This brush does what countless anti-frizz serums have failed to do for me, and that is to take all that frizz down. I haven't been using it for long enough to say whether the natural bristles take the oil through, making the scalp less oily and the ends more moisturized, as is the claim, but I really like the effect it has on my hair. I don't own a straightener but the results are similar to when I've had it straightened.

I would imagine that if your hair is super curly and thick the brush wouldn't be able to get through it (the bristles are short and not as rigid as the plastic in a paddle brush), but for any other hair type I'd give it a try. :)

on 9/17/2010 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

ok. i don't even know where to begin b/c i'm overwhelmed with how great this brush styles my hair. i took a chance and purchased (although a bit pricey) due to the rave reviews, and it smooths my hair like a dream. the boar bristles seem to be perfect for getting down to my scalp and really giving me a massage while detangling. i couldn't ask for more and would buy again despite the price tag.

Popular Hair Styling Tools